Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-23-2014, 11:51 PM   #6991
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did a 50% water change on the 55, cleaned the filter and all the tubes, scraped BBA of of them, etc. Harvested the largest zucchini I've ever seen, which will be blanched and turned into fish food.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408848674320.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	247812   Click image for larger version

Name:	1408848687253.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	247813  

Old 08-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #6992
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It turns out the black thing was one of the Molly's three fry! First time having fry in the aquarium so I hope it'll go well, with the help of AA of course.

I was taking out some ornaments in the tank to clean when I noticed two little black things dart out. I quickly scooped them out and put them into the breeding net. Rearranged the decorations and am currently waiting to see if the molly has any more even though it's pretty unlikely as at least one was born yesterday:P

Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠

Old 08-30-2014, 05:09 AM   #6993
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Yikes, it must have been a busy week; it has been 6 days since the last post.

So, in a recap, I have been hugely busy at work so not much time to talk fish stuff here.

Today I traded about 6 kinds of Crypts as well as other plants like starts of Anubias Nana Petite, Dwarf Vals, Sunset Hygro, plus a new in store/stock pot of Bolbitis Baby leaf and got (basically as a gift two buckets of mixed substrate for my DD's 46G tank) and a glass tank and filter for the Fluval Edge and a handful of Osmocote old version fert caspules.

I also bought a Bolbitis Baby leaf for myself (20% off) and picked up my Acan coral this pic is of it right after I put it in after traveling so it isn't as colorful/opened as it might be

The lfs had 4 amazing Killifish (not annuals), 3 males and one female and they were 8.99 ea but he offered them to me for 4/$25. I didn't do it but told him I might call him back later in the week if they were still there. I need to learn a little more about them.

Here is a cute pic of my 2 SW fish one is on the sand and the new Clown Goby I got last week is learning to come out to see me when I come over to the tank so it gets fed!!!

Fish are coming out of QT tomorrow and going to set up DD's tank, I think. She already did the outside water test and it has been inside full of water for a day now. The AC110 filter will move from my QT tank to her new tank until we can hook up a canister filter. I have one which needs a intake part so I will see if it still even works after being mothballed for a few years. But that is a project for next week or 2 since I will have to order it or try and make something. I will take a couple pics.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:44 PM   #6994
Aquarium Advice Freak

I've been busy too.

I put a fry in with the older fry and I thought he got eaten (there is a 2.5 month span between the oldest and the youngest) but I just saw him this morning!! There are also double the amount of fry that we have ever seen before from dad's platies in his tank. I'm glad I pestered him to add the java moss!

I'm planning a big algae-cleaning water change on Dexter's tank (he is my first betta). I also want to do a large PWC on the 29 gal (it's looking cloudy). Finally, I want to find a better spot for my other two betta's tanks because when we close the dishwasher his bubblenest gets wrecked (and you can't breed bettas without a bubblenest after all)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 08-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #6995
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Just finished getting the fish out of the QT which go to DD today, and trying to find enough buckets to take all the DW, moss, plants and decoration piece to get there fresh and happy right now.

Maybe have time to wash the Floramax too before I go, doing pwc on QT.

It's a mad, mad (fish) world!

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 08-30-2014, 03:39 PM   #6996
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Moved a few rocks around in the scale (very risky operation!) to make room for my growing frogspawn and also some zoas and a couple others. Mission success!
Old 08-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #6997
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow amazing tank!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 08-31-2014, 04:14 AM   #6998
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

New 46G Bowfront

DD's 46G Bowfront.

Well got some used gifted substrate, mixed sand, Flourite, gravel, eco complete and DD didn't rinse it out so it was dirty.

Here is the tank when I got there,

We changed the filter to the cycled AC110 she was using a under and improperly functioning little filter.

We added the scape in the murky darkness, and siphoned out the mulm that was hovering around the bottom.

After awhile we had this...

Then it got a little better. That AC110 kicks it in high gear.

About an hour after the AC110 was on there look at the progress!

And just for fun a pic of "Ducky" walking around checking out the new territory.

Had to leave for an appointment but will be fixing everything up this next week.

Added, with a completely cycled AC 110 filter
1 M guppy
1 Crayfish
1 Opaline Gourami
1 Dwarf Gourami
1 M Halfmoon plaket Betta
1 Upside down Catfish (getting 1-2 more)
1 Blue Mystery Snail
a couple Red Ramshorn snails.

Large leaf Anubias
Java Moss
Wisteria
Dwarf Swords
Tiger Vals
Jungle or Americana Vals
dwarf Vals
Elodea
Crypt Lutea and another I can't think of right now.

3 large DW
and 2 fish tank decorations, one is a cool "wood rock" looking thing and the other is a tree stump thing which has a nice bunch of Java Fern growing on it and the fish love it.

Since there are a bunch of "bottom" fish for this tank, we kept their favorites.

Coming soon will be a Spotted Raphael Catfish
A Purple Spotted Gudgeon and
maybe some Neons or Cardinals.

A friend of the other DD's family just suggested we take their tank and fish and everything, I don't know what kind or size or if they are serious. DD said a big tank?!?

Community Rules

Old 08-31-2014, 09:47 AM   #6999
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Had a scare with a disappearing fish first thing. Pulled up the plants, moved the caves, tore apart the filters...and still no fish. Fifteen minutes later, he swims out of the cave I had already checked. Really...?
Old 08-31-2014, 09:53 AM   #7000
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Talking

Heading out to MACNA 2014 here in Denver today with my next door neighbor and my sister! So pumped! Were going to have to lie about our age to get in as you need to be 15 years or older to get in and they're both 14 but I'm 15 so were only partially exaggerating... Right? My neighbors been selling peaches at a local farmers market and is bring all $400 of his profits to buy corals for his 40 gallon reef! We all bought MACNA tee shirts at our LFS this week and were ready! Shame we could go yesterday as it had the most speakers and drawings and such but he had baseball and I had a football game 4 hrs away!
ill post a thread with pictures of eery thing! Cant wait!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com