Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-03-2014, 03:03 AM   #7191
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Also, if someone could ID this fish I would be so greatful, I love how it looks and its size. It's the cichlid-looking one in the upper right.
Attachment 257194
Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice[/QUOTE]

I think female Scarlet Badis, that is pretty much what mine looked like but I never saw mine hanging out at the top of the tank.

Forgot to mention my Angel fish wigglers are on the bottom of the tank and swimming every once in a while, I forgot to leave the "night light" on for the parents so they can see better to put the babies back on the leaves, they move them to a new clean leaf every day. It is in a dark area of the house and I for some reason shut it off this morning (I don't even remember doing it)

I went to the lfs and only had 5 minutes to grab a few things, including Replenish, for my low mineral water, and some Stability, figured it wouldn't hurt with an uncycled sponge filter, I need any help I can get, though I put in a chunk of bulk filter pad from an established filter originally.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:39 AM   #7192
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I feel like I am just talking to myself here...

But anyway, I bought a freshly delivered bottle of Rotifers for my maybe new to be Clownfish. Shared a sample of it with the parents and Corals and seemed to cause a stir. Fed to the Angelfish babies too.

Picked up my birthday santa 12G rimless tank and stand a little early. Will be doing the tank as a little SW garden. Still working on the plan. Looks nice and sleek. Still don't know what brand. It was second hand but never used before. Got a used ~$129. birdcage with dishes, perches and toys for someone else and the tank and stand for both $80. Guy said he paid over 300, probably because it came with a light originally, but not now. Since he valued the bird cage at for a super deal for 20., I figure it was $60 for the tank. Still working on getting the phone camera to load pics. Maybe pics soon.

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 12-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #7193
Aquarium Advice Activist

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Just got new driftwood for my 93 gallon corner build. Boiled one letting others soak ( too large to boil). Started cycle on tank added 5 Bavarian Rams, 1 albino bristle nose, 1 regular bristle nose, 2 neons, 3 cory cats, 1 clown loach, 3 tetras ( not sure what kind wife bought the fish). Tank is going to be a Discus tank once it's aged and set-up properly
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417774301.443570.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	257441Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417774322.461270.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	257442Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417774350.376772.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	257443

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 12-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #7194
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
Just got new driftwood for my 93 gallon corner build. Boiled one letting others soak ( too large to boil). Started cycle on tank added 5 Bavarian Rams, 1 albino bristle nose, 1 regular bristle nose, 2 neons, 3 cory cats, 1 clown loach, 3 tetras ( not sure what kind wife bought the fish). Tank is going to be a Discus tank once it's aged and set-up properly
Attachment 257441Attachment 257442Attachment 257443

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Love the new driftwood.

Watched the new babies eat Rotifers and First Bites, can't tell which were which. I am a little concerned about them eating they are swimming every where in the 37G from one end of the tank to the other and they look like they don't have an egg sac as of last night just a super tiny baby that looks similar to a newborn Guppy fry. Will try to get my uploading issue figured out with my phone so I can post a growing up thread.

Also Birthday Santa got me the 12G rimless tank and stand, a little early before it got sold to someone else. Yipee new SW frag garden coming up and a new build thread for that as well!!! Maybe this weekend.

Community Rules

Old 12-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #7195
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to MacabreGoblin
Today I finally added some fish to my tank - 3 albino cory catfish. I also finally found a check valve so I was able to hook up my airstone.

Unfortunately, after about 20 minutes of pushing gravel around, I'm still not happy with the overall distribution of my substrate. I'll probably be tweaking it more with next week's water change.

29G freshwater tropical community tank
MacabreGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:56 AM   #7196
Ayi
Aquarium Advice Freak

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Finally got my mom to realize that my Africans need a longer tank. She said sometime between March and summer I will get a 55-60 gallon. that also means all my other tanks get shifted up a size.

I did some rearranging, replanting and trimming. Wc's coming in the next hour or so.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:19 AM   #7197
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayi View Post
Finally got my mom to realize that my Africans need a longer tank. She said sometime between March and summer I will get a 55-60 gallon. that also means all my other tanks get shifted up a size.

I did some rearranging, replanting and trimming. Wc's coming in the next hour or so.
Start looking for a freebie on CL

Working like crazy right now. Happy Christmas season lol. Plotting and planning and searching for special stuff for the new tank.

Yesterday had to do a pwc on the Angel tank with babies, there was building Nitrite in the water because of the uncycled sponge filter and adding extra Rotifers and Fry food. The parents seemed to start eating some of the babies, they didn't like the vacuum thing but I had to get the gunk out of the tank. There were about 40.

There seem to be about 5 or so left, water was fine after that, and I think I will hook up a hob filter with a big sponge on the end, even though everyone says no. I can't stand the thought of them in the bad water. Really sad about the babies. Learning curve

Community Rules

Old 12-07-2014, 02:51 AM   #7198
Aquarium Advice Addict

My last betta died when I went out of town so I picked up a new one today. I also added more sand to my dirted tank to help keep the tannins from leeching as much.

He went from a cup to a 20g tank today. Pretty big size upgrade
Old 12-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #7199
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
My last betta died when I went out of town so I picked up a new one today. I also added more sand to my dirted tank to help keep the tannins from leeching as much.

He went from a cup to a 20g tank today. Pretty big size upgrade
He's gorgeous! Really love his color. He'll love the space. Makes me want a betta

55 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank
Old 12-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #7200
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
He's gorgeous! Really love his color. He'll love the space. Makes me want a betta

55 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank
He's great already. Out exploring and he also ignores my shrimp unlike my last betta.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com