Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #7201
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
He's great already. Out exploring and he also ignores my shrimp unlike my last betta.
That's great, my last betta enjoyed eating everything! Good luck with him

55 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

Old 12-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #7202
Aquarium Advice Addict

My lace guppy finally dropped fry. One of them might be an albino.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #7203
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
My last betta died when I went out of town so I picked up a new one today. I also added more sand to my dirted tank to help keep the tannins from leeching as much.

He went from a cup to a 20g tank today. Pretty big size upgrade
Fortunate fish for you to find him!!! Sorry to hear about your other Betta. He probably feels like he got to go to Disneyland with the size of the tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner View Post
My lace guppy finally dropped fry. One of them might be an albino.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
That is exciting post pics (when they are big enough to see )

Well last night, my swimmers there were maybe 5 they were hiding in the Anubias leaves but came out to eat. One seemed pretty big the others were pretty small.

Took my new 12G low iron glass tank and started the water holding test. It is new but I always will test tanks. There is a tiny chip out in the inside of one corner, it doesn't seem to go to the seam, but just to be sure I will get a tube of caulk and reseal the bottom. For the last 15 minutes, no leaks. We shall see.

The glass is very clear and there is no distortion looking through it with the water in it; I am happy for that anyway. I now have to move things around so I can find a new spot for it.

I am trying to arrange to buy 3 new corals for the tank, waiting to see what the package price will be and when to pick up if all goes well. A Montipora, a nice Leather and a nice Duncan, he also has a feather duster and some Ricordias, and will see what kind of deal can be made. Trying to plan what will go into the tank and what kind of design there will be. I have little experience with SW so trying to make it decent. Camera issues still but will try to get a couple shots from someone else's.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #7204
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

10 gal pwc on 29 gal, moved some wisteria around for more light, and and lowered heat to 80. Finally done heat treating my ich out break 😆😆

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 12-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #7205
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish wrangler View Post
10 gal pwc on 29 gal, moved some wisteria around for more light, and and lowered heat to 80. Finally done heat treating my ich out break 😆😆

Haha, congrats! Ich can be tricky to shake sometimes.

Guppy is ready to drop, had her in the breeder box but she wasn't dropping her fry even though she was squared off yesterday. I let her out a little while ago, her tail was clenched and she seemed stressed, hope we can catch the fry if she has them in the open tank. Maybe we will put her back in the box overnight to have her fry and take her out in the morning.

The powerhead on the sponge filter was crooked because the sponge was at an angle. It's a little hard to explain, but the sponge was sticking out more than the powerhead which forced the lift tube to be crooked, so dad took two 90į elbows and made it straight again. At first he tried to bend the tube but it ended up looking crumpled. Now we are trying to think of how to hide the big sponge, would moss planted on it be ok or not? Maybe some decorations in front of it?

Dad wants to make a tank bridge and I'm all for it, let's make PVC running all over the house!! Let's allow the platies to watch TV with us!! Only drawback is the cost, it would be probably around $1,000 just for the clear PVC, yikes. Because of the cost I don't think it's going to happen.

Going to (hopefully) go to the LFS tomorrow to get a girl betta, maybe we will set up the tank today.

Sister's tank has lots of Java moss and Christmas moss growing, I'm thinking of taking some of that and putting it in the 29 gal for the fry as a source of cover and food.

Does anyone have tips to catch fish in a planted tank? My dad wants to separate the mom platy from the dad platy but the dad is being a pain to catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 12-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #7206
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got a HUGE drop of fry today! They are in the ten, mother guppy didn't even touch them! I'm amazed. About 30! I unplugged the filter, it's a tetra 10i whisper. I have a bubbler going. Should I leave the filter on or off and what should I do with the media if it is off? I could rubber band it to a airstone I guess to keep it aerated

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic
Old 12-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #7207
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat364 View Post
Haha, congrats! Ich can be tricky to shake sometimes.
Thanks! Right now the fish are NOT happy with me. They went from a summer 88 degrees to a fall 80 in 12 hours. Once they get used to the fall weather they should have more color and be much happier. 😆😆

Old 12-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #7208
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh here baby photo!

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic
Old 12-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #7209
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish wrangler View Post
Thanks! Right now the fish are NOT happy with me. They went from a summer 88 degrees to a fall 80 in 12 hours. Once they get used to the fall weather they should have more color and be much happier. 😆😆

They might have been happier with you if you dropped the temp 1-2 degrees each day. Everything gradual.
Got a new API Nitrate test kit today. And more Fluval CO2 indicator fluid yesterday.
Adjusted the HOB filter flow pattern so there is less surface movement. Sat and watched the pearling.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #7210
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The 10 gallon pwc sped things up a bit... I did keep the heater at 84 for a couple hours before dropping it to 80.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com