Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-12-2015, 10:09 PM   #7311
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice! Now I have to ban my self from this thread.
It looks cool!

Old 01-12-2015, 10:16 PM   #7312
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem691 View Post
Nice! Now I have to ban my self from this thread.
It looks cool!
Oh come on over to the dark side already

Old 01-12-2015, 10:16 PM   #7313
Aquarium Advice Freak

Treated myself to a post-surgery reward of some red rili shrimp from Aquabid for the shrimp tank I set up awhile ago.

Now to hide my debit card before the vicodin convinces me I need more stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 01-12-2015, 10:16 PM   #7314
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Geez, they are very nice coral pics. Must .... resist.... saltwater .... lure..
Old 01-13-2015, 02:20 AM   #7315
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Already done!

I am gonna let it be with a single fish for a few months before installing my lights and adding corals.

Woah! Really nice! I'd love to get into saltwater tanks if everything wasn't so darn expensive haha. And a bit difficult for a beginner like me!
Lovely rock (?) pieces!
Old 01-13-2015, 02:42 AM   #7316
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

PWC on SW 15G.

Have a problem with my LED fixture on the 12G Edge - flashing lights and a bunch are out. Some how it got water in the cap ( somehow...) last year, and seemed fine until yesterday. I will need to buy a new light head for it. Got a LED replacement (upgrade from halogen early model) for a warranty issue on my 6.6G over a year ago and still haven't replaced that. The instructions for "unscrew 2 screws and slide off" didn't seem to work, I didn't want to break it.

Forgot to turn on the light for the 72G, they had their moonlight on all day... meant to give them an easy wake up this morning but didn't get back to it. Had a family interruption causing a gap in time and had to run to work. The Koi male and silver stripe pair moved their eggs. The other pair seems to be doing a good job watching over theirs.

Last night I saw the female Rainbow was looking to be full of eggs, and the male was chasing her all over and following right next to her every move.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:25 PM   #7317
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a house inspection coming up (which will see me get a breach notice & probably signal my eviction is imminent for having fish tanks) so i emptied out some buckets i had plant trimmings in, cleared out hundreds of baby ramshorn snails which i usually grow out and sell for store credit at my LFS. My goldfish love it when i feed them snail fry . I am slowly pulling down one of my 20g tanks and selling the plants at the LFS too. I'm really surprised with how many Crypts i have grown from a few tissue culture packs in 5-6 months. The packs will well and truly pay for themselves.

I took delivery of some dry ferts and have been looking for information on mixing them properly to have ready made solutions i can add to tanks of varying light levels. I

Been talking on the phone to my dad about why his fish are dying off. I told him before christmas that he is overstocking his 20g (which i gave him from my collection of unused tanks). I regret giving it to him. He's had the tank running since november and only done water top ups up till now on top of doing a fish in cycle. On the plus side he at least has some plants in the tank. I explained to him some signs that the fish are living in poor water conditions like clamping of the fins, red spots on them and loss of color and he sounded guilty. I also redirected him to the aquadvisor site so he can work out that i am not making it up about the need for regular WC. I think he got the message this time. He said he would do a water change when he got off the phone, hopefully he actually does this time. I might have convinced him by telling him the tank water was great fertilizer for plants so he'll not be wasting the water. Gardening is another of his passions.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #7318
Elephant nose Finatic!

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank, added new plants hopefully he'll leave these one's alone! Click image for larger version

Name:	1421967465972.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	261919Click image for larger version

Name:	1421967497209.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	261920

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails
Old 01-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #7319
Aquarium Advice Activist

My daily 20% water change until it's cycled 🙆
Old 01-22-2015, 07:14 PM   #7320
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Finally got around to giving the 55G a well-needed algae wipe! Did a nice big water change at the same time! B)

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com