Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #7441
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hi it's a 240(UK) litre currently running the jewel bio 3.0 and a fluval 105 on it! I have the outlet above the waterline to oxygenate the tank a bit more

Sent from my iPhone

Old 02-04-2015, 03:53 PM   #7442
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Acclimating my first rainbowfish! I've kept so many different types of fish over the past 12 years, how did I miss rainbowfish?!? These little guys are gorgeous

Old 02-04-2015, 04:33 PM   #7443
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
Acclimating my first rainbowfish! I've kept so many different types of fish over the past 12 years, how did I miss rainbowfish?!? These little guys are gorgeous

Are those blue eye furcata forktail rainbowfish? Try saying that 3 times. I saw some for the first time yesterday at an LFS and wow, gorgeous!
If you don't mind, where did you order these from and how much were they each?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 02-04-2015, 04:39 PM   #7444
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
Are those blue eye furcata forktail rainbowfish? Try saying that 3 times. I saw some for the first time yesterday at an LFS and wow, gorgeous!
If you don't mind, where did you order these from and how much were they each?

Yes they are, I'm in love! Their colors contrast so nicely with my CPDs!

My first order was from Arizona Aquatic Gardens, a few DOA and the rest died the next day. I got these from a relatively new seller on eBay. With shipping from CA almost $9 per fish but they were packed well and did I say they're gorgeous?!? Great communication with the seller because I wanted more males than females.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #7445
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooker View Post
Just ordered a 3x5 mat of java fern off of eBay. First time ordering anything living on the internet! I'm planning a pretty significant rescaping of my tank... never really been satisfied with it.

Now to find some staurogyne repens...
Just bought s. repens at Petsmart yesterday. It was about $10 but a decent amount. You can see it planted in my new 5 gal set up. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68279.jpg There are some close-up shots, if you go to the album itself. Dwarf hairgrass purchased yesterday also.

Have fun!
Old 02-04-2015, 05:24 PM   #7446
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianocappuccino View Post
Hi it's a 240(UK) litre currently running the jewel bio 3.0 and a fluval 105 on it! I have the outlet above the waterline to oxygenate the tank a bit more

Sent from my iPhone
Thanks, about 55 gallons, long, the difference is amazing as mine is 50g but high as in deep, I like yours better.......hope you put it back on when your plants are in and it's all set up..........
Old 02-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #7447
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:

Ohh indeed! Lovely! Congrats, mama!
I never saw them before. Little fish are going to be a new thing for me, but I'm doing nano these days, so I'm very glad to learn about this rainbow fish.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #7448
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Yes they are, I'm in love! Their colors contrast so nicely with my CPDs!

My first order was from Arizona Aquatic Gardens, a few DOA and the rest died the next day. I got these from a relatively new seller on eBay. With shipping from CA almost $9 per fish but they were packed well and did I say they're gorgeous?!? Great communication with the seller because I wanted more males than females.

I saw a dozen of them when I was picking up some Ember Tetras at Centreville Pets in Centreville, VA. They are $11 each. I have coupons that will knock the price down to a little under $9. Maybe once the embers get out of QT I might entertain the thought of getting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 02-04-2015, 05:29 PM   #7449
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
I saw a dozen of them when I was picking up some Ember Tetras at Centreville Pets in Centreville, VA. They are $11 each. I have coupons that will knock the price down to a little under $9. Maybe once the embers get out of QT I might entertain the thought of getting them.

Definitely post pics if you end up getting them!
Old 02-04-2015, 06:31 PM   #7450
Elephant nose Finatic!

Added a new purple apple snail to the shrimp tank, removed loads of mts couldn't believe how many I had! Bought a shrimp dish so hopefully that might help a bit with the explosion of snail's I'm getting.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish tank | - »