Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #7441
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
ianocappuccino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 20
Hi it's a 240(UK) litre currently running the jewel bio 3.0 and a fluval 105 on it! I have the outlet above the waterline to oxygenate the tank a bit more


Sent from my iPhone
__________________

__________________
ianocappuccino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:53 PM   #7442
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
Acclimating my first rainbowfish! I've kept so many different types of fish over the past 12 years, how did I miss rainbowfish?!? These little guys are gorgeous

__________________

__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:33 PM   #7443
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Fresh2o's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 9,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
Acclimating my first rainbowfish! I've kept so many different types of fish over the past 12 years, how did I miss rainbowfish?!? These little guys are gorgeous




Are those blue eye furcata forktail rainbowfish? Try saying that 3 times. I saw some for the first time yesterday at an LFS and wow, gorgeous!
If you don't mind, where did you order these from and how much were they each?


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
I am an ALGAE farmer.
Terms of Service | Community Rules | FresH2O's Planted Tank | Fresh2o's Shrimp Tank
Fresh2o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:39 PM   #7444
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
Are those blue eye furcata forktail rainbowfish? Try saying that 3 times. I saw some for the first time yesterday at an LFS and wow, gorgeous!
If you don't mind, where did you order these from and how much were they each?

Yes they are, I'm in love! Their colors contrast so nicely with my CPDs!

My first order was from Arizona Aquatic Gardens, a few DOA and the rest died the next day. I got these from a relatively new seller on eBay. With shipping from CA almost $9 per fish but they were packed well and did I say they're gorgeous?!? Great communication with the seller because I wanted more males than females.
__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #7445
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Ulmina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by stooker View Post
Just ordered a 3x5 mat of java fern off of eBay. First time ordering anything living on the internet! I'm planning a pretty significant rescaping of my tank... never really been satisfied with it.

Now to find some staurogyne repens...
Just bought s. repens at Petsmart yesterday. It was about $10 but a decent amount. You can see it planted in my new 5 gal set up. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...cture68279.jpg There are some close-up shots, if you go to the album itself. Dwarf hairgrass purchased yesterday also.

Have fun!
__________________
Ulmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:24 PM   #7446
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Ricky 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianocappuccino View Post
Hi it's a 240(UK) litre currently running the jewel bio 3.0 and a fluval 105 on it! I have the outlet above the waterline to oxygenate the tank a bit more


Sent from my iPhone
Thanks, about 55 gallons, long, the difference is amazing as mine is 50g but high as in deep, I like yours better.......hope you put it back on when your plants are in and it's all set up..........
__________________
missing my fish.......
Ricky 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #7447
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Ulmina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
Acclimating my first rainbowfish! I've kept so many different types of fish over the past 12 years, how did I miss rainbowfish?!? These little guys are gorgeous

Ohh indeed! Lovely! Congrats, mama!
I never saw them before. Little fish are going to be a new thing for me, but I'm doing nano these days, so I'm very glad to learn about this rainbow fish.
__________________
Ulmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #7448
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Fresh2o's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 9,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
Yes they are, I'm in love! Their colors contrast so nicely with my CPDs!



My first order was from Arizona Aquatic Gardens, a few DOA and the rest died the next day. I got these from a relatively new seller on eBay. With shipping from CA almost $9 per fish but they were packed well and did I say they're gorgeous?!? Great communication with the seller because I wanted more males than females.

I saw a dozen of them when I was picking up some Ember Tetras at Centreville Pets in Centreville, VA. They are $11 each. I have coupons that will knock the price down to a little under $9. Maybe once the embers get out of QT I might entertain the thought of getting them.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
I am an ALGAE farmer.
Terms of Service | Community Rules | FresH2O's Planted Tank | Fresh2o's Shrimp Tank
Fresh2o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:29 PM   #7449
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
I saw a dozen of them when I was picking up some Ember Tetras at Centreville Pets in Centreville, VA. They are $11 each. I have coupons that will knock the price down to a little under $9. Maybe once the embers get out of QT I might entertain the thought of getting them.

Definitely post pics if you end up getting them!
__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:31 PM   #7450
Elephant nose Finatic!
 
shellyx's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,177
Added a new purple apple snail to the shrimp tank, removed loads of mts couldn't believe how many I had! Bought a shrimp dish so hopefully that might help a bit with the explosion of snail's I'm getting.


55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails
__________________

__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and inverts.
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish tank | - »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.