Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-25-2015, 12:50 PM   #7521
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Currently acclimating these guys as well as some pygmy rasboras, clown killies, and a pair of scarlet badis

I think I have some moss products for my shrimp arriving today as well

Old 02-25-2015, 04:38 PM   #7522
Aquarium Advice Addict

Low Maintenance Tank

Had a 55 G I set up and ran for a few months, no water changes, just emersed the roots of some land plants to keep the nitrogen out of the tank water. Wanted to overhaul it for another Platy tank, because my Red Wags and Sunsets had a new batch of fry. Removed the plants and now have quite a few new Guppy fry too. Apparently, the land plants did a very good job of keeping the tank water free of nitrogen.

B

Old 02-25-2015, 05:28 PM   #7523
Aquarium Advice Addict

Added some floating anacharis, cleaned filters, prepared water for a water change on my 2.5 gallon tomorrow, and replanted anacharis in my 2.5 that my naughty crayfish likes ripping out lol

Nils
Old 02-25-2015, 05:37 PM   #7524
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Did my WC today, And filter, Fish follow me about as I do it, waft over the sand substrate and all the ground dwellers are out picking at what they can find, I love it......
Old 02-25-2015, 09:45 PM   #7525
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
Currently acclimating these guys as well as some pygmy rasboras, clown killies, and a pair of scarlet badis

I think I have some moss products for my shrimp arriving today as well
Yay!!! you got some things you were wanting!

Thought all my Angelfish wigglers were gone yesterday, but last night they were piled up in the cup of "Their" Anubias plant's leaf at bedtime when I was about to shut off the lights. The moon light I leave on so the parents can see the sneaky tank mates coming to eat their babies and chase them off.

So today they are a little cloud around the mom and dad! So cute.

Trying to decide if the fish in the QT are big enough yet to survive the 72G tank. The Rainbow Emperor Tetras have doubled in size, I just hate to see them attacked or chased to death.

Option 1 leave the Baby Angels and let the parents work extra hard to keep them safe see how many make it.

Option 2 is clean out the 35G move the SW to the 35G, only have 25G of SW water to use but I think I can get all the rocks in there and not worry about the low tank for another day or 2. Only the Urchin and a few mushrooms which would do fine I think.

We are in the middle of another storm right now so I couldn't get my refill of water til tomorrow, even if I could make it up to the far away, not so lfs! I might try that.

Then use the 15G for the new babies.

Option 3 is do pwc on the 35G, then acclimate the new babies to the water, as I need to a pwc on the 72G they are in anyway, and use the water they are in now for the 35G refill so it stays as close as possible the same.

That might be the fastest solution but won't get my SW fish in the bigger tank minimum a couple weeks til the babies eat prepared foods

Thanks for tolerating my thinking out loud. I didn't think this was an issue yesterday when the wigglers were "gone". lol

Pair#2 is adding new eggs to their stone and fertilizing them as of this morning. Busy, busy fish.

The 35G has been the try and grow micro bugs for the baby angels to eat, I kinda gave that up the last go around, so maybe I will get out the magnifying glass and see if there is any micro bugs activity in there still - "live" food for the little babies. Better get the baby Brine Shrimp going!

Edit addition: Well the Angel parents started to get stressed and were eating some of the babies so I swooped in a net and caught about 15 that were left, then upon them entering the QT, the Emperors thought it was a new food and so I caught them and got them into the 72G. Now nobody's happy. :/ The Parents seem to be guarding the area where the babies were, right now, there were a couple left, I netted one more and got it to the QT. I thought I would turn out the lights and hope everyone calms down.

I got the filter cleaned out in the 15G SW and cleaned some of the tank glass left some for the Urchin. And did a small pwc there.

Pwc on the 12G Edge, and complete clean on the Aqua Farm container, sand, with the new Betta and the snails. Those snails are poop machines. Cleaned all those tanks glass on the outsides and tops and the rim of the SW. The fish from the pwc tanks look happier.

I am bummed about the baby angels. I think I only have 3-5 left. Think this next time I will try to move the wigglers with pair #1 before they turn to swimmers, and maybe even the eggs from the pair #2. I guess a better plan wouldn't hurt, though each time I don't really intend to intervene but then I see the babies and can't help feel bad and hope to save them.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:34 PM   #7526
Elephant nose Finatic!

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank, added new plants hopefully they'll look better when they start to fill in. Enjoyed playing with him today, he spent most of the time swimming around my hand nudging me and even lay still in my hand that was one long pwc!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails
Old 02-26-2015, 11:09 PM   #7527
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Added my new spiky moss from Azmodan (great seller, btw). Love how it looks in the tank!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425006220.140486.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	265620

Full tank shot:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425006255.958099.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	265621

🐟 Diana Lee 🐠
😎 the St. Augustine Redhead 😎
http://floridaorchidendlers.com
Old 02-28-2015, 10:56 AM   #7528
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeLee2013 View Post
Added my new spiky moss from Azmodan (great seller, btw). Love how it looks in the tank!!
Gorgeous, looks like something out of a book!
Old 02-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #7529
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Made a "Wabi Kusa" or planted ball.

Here is the link for the idea - several of us here have made and are making them so if you have too add yours here, or take the idea and run with it!!!

"Wabi Kusa" & Planted Ball Growing

Moved around some heaters to get them better suited for the tanks I have to match with the heaters abilities.

Added the strip light to the 72G so there are 2 current lights and one stock growing light. Now I need to order some Glut/Metro to start dosing for the plants.

Just added a bunch of pic to my albums and will post some here too. Tonight or tomorrow.

Here is the Decorator Urchin
in the bag during acclimation

Carrying around the new bunch of MacroAlgae I got for him - he ate more than half of it since then!!!

Happy day!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 01:07 PM   #7530
Aquarium Advice Freak

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The sad regular routine 😂 woke up, turned on all the tanks lights, fed the discus, fed the rcs colony in one tank and the fry in the other, then fed my pea puffer, and then my beta. Would make it easier if they all ate the same food ! And now its time to squeeze in some wc's before work!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com