Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 03-15-2015, 07:38 PM   #7571
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Angela1108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
I just love the micro rasboras! I got some great shots of my pygmy rasboras today while I was actually trying to get the gardneri

Nice!!! I love them too!!! We plan on upgrading our 55 to like 150 and I think today I decided when the time comes I want to make the 55 an all nano with the rasboras, cpd, Pygmy Corey's and stuff like that. Like 3-4 big schools and a smaller school of forktail rainbows or something like that as a centerpiece. I love love love the interactions of the school of them together


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________

__________________
Angela1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:43 PM   #7572
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela1108 View Post
Nice!!! I love them too!!! We plan on upgrading our 55 to like 150 and I think today I decided when the time comes I want to make the 55 an all nano with the rasboras, cpd, Pygmy Corey's and stuff like that. Like 3-4 big schools and a smaller school of forktail rainbows or something like that as a centerpiece. I love love love the interactions of the school of them together

I would love to do a tank like that! Have you kept peacock gudgeons? Peaceful, colorful fish for mid to bottom of the tank. Just got a trio on Friday
__________________

__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #7573
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Angela1108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,267
No! I haven't but they're super pretty!! Definitely on the list of "later down the road" fish!


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
Angela1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:36 PM   #7574
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
stooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 159
Weekly water change... ~75%

Attempted to take photos of the fish with my wife's DSLR... so stinking hard to get a good pic of the CPDs! Got a few decent ones but have to get them onto a computer at some point so I can post them.
__________________
"Got any of that beer that has candy floating in it? You know, Skittlebräu?"
stooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:49 PM   #7575
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by stooker View Post
Weekly water change... ~75%

Attempted to take photos of the fish with my wife's DSLR... so stinking hard to get a good pic of the CPDs! Got a few decent ones but have to get them onto a computer at some point so I can post them.
I know that feeling! Do you keep them with other fish? I only ask because I've found that in trying to get shots of other fish the tough ones end up being in focus
__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:30 AM   #7576
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
stooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
I know that feeling! Do you keep them with other fish? I only ask because I've found that in trying to get shots of other fish the tough ones end up being in focus
They have tankmates, still was really challenging... those things won't stay still for but a millisecond! Got some good shots of the cory and gourami.
__________________
"Got any of that beer that has candy floating in it? You know, Skittlebräu?"
stooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #7577
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
Yesterday: Did a WC and clean up in the NPT aka the Project Tank. MTS from Fresh arrived so most of those went into tanks, still have a few in a bowl on the kitchen counter. Did a monster plant clean up in the 16g as well as some rearranging and borrowing...just still not happy with the scaping in that tank as well as the Endlers tank.

Today: FedEx was just here, thought it was my order from Msjinkzd but no, it was this:





Edit: FedEx is here again, looks like I'll be acclimating fish this afternoon
__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:13 PM   #7578
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 7,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
Yesterday: Did a WC and clean up in the NPT aka the Project Tank. MTS from Fresh arrived so most of those went into tanks, still have a few in a bowl on the kitchen counter. Did a monster plant clean up in the 16g as well as some rearranging and borrowing...just still not happy with the scaping in that tank as well as the Endlers tank.

Today: FedEx was just here, thought it was my order from Msjinkzd but no, it was this:





Edit: FedEx is here again, looks like I'll be acclimating fish this afternoon
Yay!!!

Picking up a new to us Edge tank for my daughter today and about 20-30 shrimp too, if no one bought them yet. He's throwing in the shrimp and a mystery box of misc. fish stuff, just wants all the misc. to go away!!! So tomorrow and the next day I will be trying to see what would be useful to me. And to my friends and family. Yipee! lol.

Finally ordering my new light bulbs.
__________________

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:17 PM   #7579
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Yay!!!

Picking up a new to us Edge tank for my daughter today and about 20-30 shrimp too, if no one bought them yet. He's throwing in the shrimp and a mystery box of misc. fish stuff, just wants all the misc. to go away!!! So tomorrow and the next day I will be trying to see what would be useful to me. And to my friends and family. Yipee! lol.

Finally ordering my new light bulbs.
New goodies! What size is the Edge?
__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:41 PM   #7580
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 7,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
New goodies! What size is the Edge?
6.6G long story... about my 6.6G tank which used to her tank and then she gave it to me for mother's day some years ago when she felt she couldn't keep fish for a while (moving a lot and such), and she always loves my tank when she sees it, lol -so she wanted one and it will be her bday in a few weeks, so it is a present for her. $50 for the box of misc stuff, all remaining cherry shrimp and tank! This is such a great deal and gift, thankful to the seller too. I will be doing the aquascape for her tank, but she will tell me if she likes it too so we can make it what she wants!
__________________

__________________

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish tank | - »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.