Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-15-2015, 07:38 PM   #7571
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
I just love the micro rasboras! I got some great shots of my pygmy rasboras today while I was actually trying to get the gardneri

Nice!!! I love them too!!! We plan on upgrading our 55 to like 150 and I think today I decided when the time comes I want to make the 55 an all nano with the rasboras, cpd, Pygmy Corey's and stuff like that. Like 3-4 big schools and a smaller school of forktail rainbows or something like that as a centerpiece. I love love love the interactions of the school of them together

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 03-15-2015, 07:43 PM   #7572
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela1108 View Post
Nice!!! I love them too!!! We plan on upgrading our 55 to like 150 and I think today I decided when the time comes I want to make the 55 an all nano with the rasboras, cpd, Pygmy Corey's and stuff like that. Like 3-4 big schools and a smaller school of forktail rainbows or something like that as a centerpiece. I love love love the interactions of the school of them together

I would love to do a tank like that! Have you kept peacock gudgeons? Peaceful, colorful fish for mid to bottom of the tank. Just got a trio on Friday

Old 03-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #7573
Aquarium Advice Addict

No! I haven't but they're super pretty!! Definitely on the list of "later down the road" fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 03-15-2015, 11:36 PM   #7574
Aquarium Advice Activist

Weekly water change... ~75%

Attempted to take photos of the fish with my wife's DSLR... so stinking hard to get a good pic of the CPDs! Got a few decent ones but have to get them onto a computer at some point so I can post them.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:49 PM   #7575
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooker View Post
Weekly water change... ~75%

Attempted to take photos of the fish with my wife's DSLR... so stinking hard to get a good pic of the CPDs! Got a few decent ones but have to get them onto a computer at some point so I can post them.
I know that feeling! Do you keep them with other fish? I only ask because I've found that in trying to get shots of other fish the tough ones end up being in focus
Old 03-16-2015, 12:30 AM   #7576
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
I know that feeling! Do you keep them with other fish? I only ask because I've found that in trying to get shots of other fish the tough ones end up being in focus
They have tankmates, still was really challenging... those things won't stay still for but a millisecond! Got some good shots of the cory and gourami.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #7577
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yesterday: Did a WC and clean up in the NPT aka the Project Tank. MTS from Fresh arrived so most of those went into tanks, still have a few in a bowl on the kitchen counter. Did a monster plant clean up in the 16g as well as some rearranging and borrowing...just still not happy with the scaping in that tank as well as the Endlers tank.

Today: FedEx was just here, thought it was my order from Msjinkzd but no, it was this:

Edit: FedEx is here again, looks like I'll be acclimating fish this afternoon
Old 03-18-2015, 04:13 PM   #7578
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Yesterday: Did a WC and clean up in the NPT aka the Project Tank. MTS from Fresh arrived so most of those went into tanks, still have a few in a bowl on the kitchen counter. Did a monster plant clean up in the 16g as well as some rearranging and borrowing...just still not happy with the scaping in that tank as well as the Endlers tank.

Today: FedEx was just here, thought it was my order from Msjinkzd but no, it was this:

Edit: FedEx is here again, looks like I'll be acclimating fish this afternoon
Yay!!!

Picking up a new to us Edge tank for my daughter today and about 20-30 shrimp too, if no one bought them yet. He's throwing in the shrimp and a mystery box of misc. fish stuff, just wants all the misc. to go away!!! So tomorrow and the next day I will be trying to see what would be useful to me. And to my friends and family. Yipee! lol.

Finally ordering my new light bulbs.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:17 PM   #7579
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Yay!!!

Picking up a new to us Edge tank for my daughter today and about 20-30 shrimp too, if no one bought them yet. He's throwing in the shrimp and a mystery box of misc. fish stuff, just wants all the misc. to go away!!! So tomorrow and the next day I will be trying to see what would be useful to me. And to my friends and family. Yipee! lol.

Finally ordering my new light bulbs.
New goodies! What size is the Edge?
Old 03-18-2015, 04:41 PM   #7580
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
New goodies! What size is the Edge?
6.6G long story... about my 6.6G tank which used to her tank and then she gave it to me for mother's day some years ago when she felt she couldn't keep fish for a while (moving a lot and such), and she always loves my tank when she sees it, lol -so she wanted one and it will be her bday in a few weeks, so it is a present for her. $50 for the box of misc stuff, all remaining cherry shrimp and tank! This is such a great deal and gift, thankful to the seller too. I will be doing the aquascape for her tank, but she will tell me if she likes it too so we can make it what she wants!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish tank | - »