Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #7601
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
A lone Jack Dempsey.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Cool! Nice fish

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:57 PM   #7602
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Cool! Nice fish

It will be my first cichlid besides a bolivian ram if you can even count those.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Old 03-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #7603
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
It will be my first cichlid besides a bolivian ram if you can even count those.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
More pic's!

Old 03-21-2015, 02:41 PM   #7604
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
More pic's!

Always!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Old 03-23-2015, 10:41 AM   #7605
Aquarium Advice Addict

Set it up Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427118090.621885.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	268164

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 03-23-2015, 10:57 AM   #7606
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yesterday: One of the peacocks was in the cave all day so that put off doing any work with the plants in that tank. Did a WC in the badis tank. Tested the bypass opening in the Spec 5 that I had sealed, that's good to go. Rehomed the australe pair; I like peaceful tanks and fish and that female was just plain nasty. Going to replace them with a small group of dwarf amber barbs from Msjinkzd. Put the sole habrosus in the betta tank but that didn't last long. There is a reason he's called Pi Betta Psycho. Doesn't bother the green rasboras or the shrimp but just wouldn't leave that poor cory alone. So I'm ordering some more friends for him. Got bored last night and put this together in less than an hour:

Found the bowl in the basement, put in some potting soil, capped with sand, threw in some moneywort clippings and a few dwarf sag. Added a couple MTS and a single RCS. Downside of this project is having somewhat large hands and not the greatest eyesight

Quiet morning here so far...coffee is brewing and I'm just watching the MTS move around the Project Tank.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #7607
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yesterday: dosed my 10 and 20 gallons with excel, flourish, and API leaf zone. Then cleaned the filter pads. Sat infront of my new Spec 5 fluval nano reef (currently cycling) and I moved some of shells around in my ten gal so the shellies would get along better

Old 03-23-2015, 04:32 PM   #7608
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Just can't catch a break right now.

Think I found the reason for the algae in the top of the 72G, I have been leaving the night moon lights on. Pretty sure that and adding more of a Ken's Flake food to their diet so going to try and clean the filter (FX-5) - scary monster filter that I am sure will end up with gallons of water to clean off my floor. The last time went well but the time before ...

Then the WORST thing.

Been trying to decide about my Urchin in the tank with the new frags and decided to move a few frags but ended up moving one beautiful Sunset Montipora to try it out in the 12G. Cleaned a little and added water for evaporation.

Earlier in the evening, got an Emerald Crab for $5. that was a good thing added to the 12G.

Disaster struck. I went to bed. Saturday morning, found that the tank looked a bit cloudy, and realized the clamp light on the side tipped over sideways on the rimless tank and was soaking in the water light bulb and some of the fixture.

Things weren't apparently electrocuted because it wasn't on and it didn't trip the efi, and the crabs and snails were still alive. BUT it made everything close and look awful. White stuff on the huge Monti Rock and most getting a film and sloughing off tissue.

So before work I had to remove and rinse off everything in the Prime water solution in hopes of removing anything bad and stack it all over in the 15G.

The once beautiful Monti frag bleached the big Monti rock is a long lived and establish one and seems like it had a little damage but looks better today, and the other ones after the move seemed like they are coming around.

The Emerald crab, was able to remove him asap, but the Porcelain, I looked through all the rock 3 times didn't see her alive, nor a body. Sunday night found her and got her out and a bunch of snails were climbing up the side and saved them too. The tank is a real mess right now. Very cloudy and I'm not quite sure what is needed to fix it all yet. The little Xenia is looking mighty poor. Time for a new mending the damage thread.

On a positive note the Urchin has cleaned off (2x), the frag plug that my Pinwheels Zoa is on and now they are opened even more and standing tall looking really good and because the algae is gone I see 2 polyps I couldn't see before and one I couldn't really see if was actually a polyp or not since it was small and in the middle of a bit of algae!

Also on Friday got some Cherry shrimp and the Edge tank for my daughter. Cleaned my old glass tank part and switched the "glass tanks" as the one newly purchased was "de-rimmed". Someone took a razorblade and cut the top piece off so it looks like a rimless 6.6G (with a glass lid)

Trimmed some Bolbitis Fern about 10" and got an Anubias which was going crazy having little plantlets an cut it in half so she would have a couple tough plants to get started with and some awesome Petrified Wood stone and a holey rock too. Cut some foot long pieces of Elodea for the shrimp bowl out of my other 6.6G Edge and fed the Assassin snail and shrimp which came with a bowl.

LOL, I think that was all.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:07 PM   #7609
Aquarium Advice Addict

I bought a new 5.5g kit and set it up for blue shrimp in a few weeks. (Pulled plants,substrate and some media from my others so there should be enough bio film and bacteria for a quick cycle). Added some guppy fry as an ammonia source because we have tons of them in our guppy tank.

I also got my first piece of driftwood ever. I had been looking and looking but never found one I liked. Finally saw one and then brought it home and broke it into 3 pieces and 2 went into my chili rasbora and yellow Sakura 12g.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:45 PM   #7610
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela1108 View Post
I bought a new 5.5g kit and set it up for blue shrimp in a few weeks. (Pulled plants,substrate and some media from my others so there should be enough bio film and bacteria for a quick cycle). Added some guppy fry as an ammonia source because we have tons of them in our guppy tank.

I also got my first piece of driftwood ever. I had been looking and looking but never found one I liked. Finally saw one and then brought it home and broke it into 3 pieces and 2 went into my chili rasbora and yellow Sakura 12g.
What kit did you buy? And what type of blues are you planning? I currently have blue dreams with carbon rili that are producing some awesome looking shrimplets!

Looking forward to pics of the new tank

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com