Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-27-2015, 10:37 AM   #7671
Elephant nose Finatic!

Had to top of the tank water today one thing I've never had to do with my others.
Thought I had a leak last night the back of the tank had water on it, on a closer look it's condensation coming off the lid worried as the stand was kinda wet this morning. Anyone have any tips to prevent this?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:38 AM   #7672
Aquarium Advice Addict

Went coral shopping Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427467079.345652.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	268512

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 03-27-2015, 12:24 PM   #7673
Aquarium Advice FINatic

50% PWC, trim and replant!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427469839.279967.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	268.7 KB
ID:	268513

🐟 Diana Lee 🐠
😎 the St. Augustine Redhead 😎
http://floridaorchidendlers.com
Old 03-28-2015, 12:13 AM   #7674
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Wow, lots to catch up on here...

So mostly been feeding and doing occasional pwc.

Fed some frozen foods to all. The Porcelain Crab, SW, was SOOOOO excited to get a hold of a Mysis shrimp and was eating out of my tweezers. It's little claws were waving in the air like an island castaway with a plane flying by. I wished I would have had it on video, lol.

Had a basic catastrophe with the frags getting knocked over and lost behind the rocks, moved most of the rocks and had to move a bunch of stuff, then bumped one which went into a crevice, changed the rocks around and moved a few items again. It was too late at night and after a long day at work and I was exhausted. Getting new gel glue for the frags!

Then after all that found the filter for the 12G was stopped. I thought at first it was just broken then spent half hour moving plugged items and switching things around to make sure to add and keep a consistent air supply. There was a stopped up impeller, I believe a MTS got in there and finally grew big enough to stop it from spinning. Cleaned out. It is barely pulling the water through so will be needing another one of those. argh. I think it was 3 AM.

Last night decided it was too warm in the 15G 80F. One of my Ricordeas isn't very happy. So turned it down 2 degrees.

Tomorrow is the Colorado Aquarium Society's Spring Auction! Yay!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:47 AM   #7675
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeLee2013 View Post
50% PWC, trim and replant!
Show off

PMd you about your female Endlers...
Old 03-28-2015, 12:54 AM   #7676
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Woke up very happy to see all 3 new otos survived the night (yea msjinkzd!). Discovered some RCS shrimplets in the project tank, really surprised at how quickly that happened. I still have some scuds in a bowl on the kitchen counter...used my handy 100ml syringe to carefully pull out some water, replaced with tank water. Gave then a shaving of zucchini and it was covered within minutes! Been soaking a 1.5" piece of cholla all evening for one of the bowl projects. And pulled some vals from the 16g for the Endlers tank. Going to just stick with those, dwarf sag, and dwarf water lettuce...I like the simple look of it. That left room open in the 16g to regroup plants so it's not looking like a haphazard, randomly thrown together mess. Pi Betta Psycho was temporarily moved from his tank a couple days ago so I actually saw some red rili fry! Tomorrow I have an order of H. formosa arriving, looking forward to adventures with a fish I've never kept. And finally put some EC in the Spec 5! I think I'm going to order more Hygroryza aristata as a floater for the 16g.

I also posted some zucchini pics: http://queenofzoom.com/2015/03/27/zucchini/
Old 03-29-2015, 11:06 AM   #7677
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

Tomorrow is the Colorado Aquarium Society's Spring Auction! Yay!
How was the auction? PVAS has their big auction mid-April, still debating if I should go or not
Old 03-29-2015, 11:29 AM   #7678
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yesterday:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427638794.057135.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	268680
Added the other piece of driftwood to the JD tank. It's a floater so rocks holding it down.

Got my co2 filled for the 75g replant what the dojo digs up. Like every day. Undecided what I want to do with him because I really like the Repens he loves digging up. But he is my favorite fish by far.

Algae still showing up, hoping it starts to go away.

Today:

Water changes/Top offs

Tommorow:

Starting dry ferts on 75g! Excited!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Old 03-29-2015, 11:33 AM   #7679
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
Yesterday:

Attachment 268680
Added the other piece of driftwood to the JD tank. It's a floater so rocks holding it down.

Got my co2 filled for the 75g replant what the dojo digs up. Like every day. Undecided what I want to do with him because I really like the Repens he loves digging up. But he is my favorite fish by far.

Algae still showing up, hoping it starts to go away.

Today:

Water changes/Top offs

Tommorow:

Starting dry ferts on 75g! Excited!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
It's looking really good

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:40 AM   #7680
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

After a lot of searching I finally found someone willing to sell a female gardneri. Hoping a second female in the tank might encourage some spawning.

My least killifish arrived...they are wow, crazy tiny fish. And I reminder that I really need to get glasses

Did a bunch of work in the 5g including removal of the moss mats. In theory they're a great idea but in this setup they weren't getting enough light or water flow. I added some dwarf sag and small bits of moneywort so I think it looks more balanced now. There are only red rili in the tank now. I might use it to grow out Endler fry or gardneri if they'd get their act together Or I could move the badis colony in there and use the Spec 5 for something else.

And the tigers are now my favorite shrimp

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com