Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 03-29-2015, 11:42 AM   #7681
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
It's looking really good

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Thanks


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
__________________

__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:45 PM   #7682
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 7,519
Here is a quote from the regional section I posted late last night...
"GREAT fun day!

I ended up volunteering (getting volunteered because no one came to take over ) for a job which kept me busy the whole time but gave me enough flexibility to run around and check and buy some things too!

At the end there was crazy cheap deals. I got vinegar eel culture for $1. big bag of Wisteria plants for $1. Bag of frag plugs all assorted sizes and types for $1.
3 Bags of Fluval gravel 1 bag of stones new in bag for $0.80 each!!! (14.99 retail each)

Friend picked up Blue Green Rili shrimp 6 for $12.00.

The awesome cool thing I got was a trio of young Blue Gularis Killifish. Really amazing color. My head is spinning how awesome these fish will look. Woot, woot! look up google "Blue Gularis Killifish Sumer" and you will see a (excellent photo by Sumer) example of the breeding group. So happy about them!

ok, and if you are already kicking yourself for not coming...there was a 55G tank went for under 20. A 20G complete with nice gravel for $15. And a 125G that was around the same. Yes I said 125G...OMGG! I was busy doing something and missed the exact price, but they started those bids at $1. "

Theresa, don't know about yours but our auction was awesome!!!

Some highlights were the same Gularis only a pair went for $8. I wanted to get them but only had a small budget.

Red Millennium Rainbow s 4 went for $8 (not mine though I am getting some probably Wed or Friday from a local breeder)

Friend got me an awesome shelf SW stone for the new larger SW I will eventually get to and a pretty frag of Blue Zoas -sw and 2 Mangrove shoots about 7" for $3 for both

2 acrylic frag holders for $5

A huge surprise last night was a tiny pea sized golden orange marble with a little stripe baby fw Angelfish which was in the bag with the Wisteria plants!!!!! It has great finnage for such a tiny little one. I am gonna check who the seller was and find out what kind it is at the next meeting.

I Am really taken with this very tiny beauty. Hoping I can make sure to feed it properly. I have fry food and BBS and now vinegar eels so I am hoping to spot feed with a turkey baster. It already comes over to the front of the tank to look at me too, lol. I have a new favorite. will try to get a pic

Cleaned out some rotting moss in my AquaFarm (plants and snails). It got stuck under the sand, ewww yuck.

Moved the Betta out of the 16G just in case he wanted to be mean to the Killi and tiny Angel. He looked at the Killis But didn't chase them or attack, but just to be sure if he got bored with nothing else to do and put him into the 3G AF.

The AF tank is topless and unfiltered but heated and was with snails and plants, so I am thinking of moving it near my chair and plunking in my tiny intank filter which is sitting in the 16G to stay cycled, for just such an occasion.

Moved about 10 various size pond snails over to the bowl with the Assassin snail. Still not sure what to do with him.

Was given about 8-10 Blue leg Hermits - sw, and offered them a handful of new shells and watched them in the bag doing new home searches, lol, and had the best time seeing them turning the shells over and stick their heads inside them. Within an hour of putting them into the tank there was at least 1 possibly 2 which already switched shells!!!

Was up till 3am reading up on vinegar eels and other assorted things!

Fed all fish a nice assortment of foods.

Both pair of Angels spawned and pair #2 eggs were disappeared by the next day and pair #1 was a second time in a row mess of unfertilized eggs and few good ones and then gone the next day. Thinking the male is being distracted by the other male and not doing his job very well.

Why can't everyday be such a fun fish day!!!
__________________

__________________

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:53 PM   #7683
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
Ummm....wow! Just Googled your new treasures, absolutely gorgeous! Looking forward to some pics

The AGA Convention is in DC this year, that's a 30 minute drive from here. Their auction is April 12. Two big auctions a week apart, could be dangerous
__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:15 PM   #7684
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 7,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
Ummm....wow! Just Googled your new treasures, absolutely gorgeous! Looking forward to some pics

The AGA Convention is in DC this year, that's a 30 minute drive from here. Their auction is April 12. Two big auctions a week apart, could be dangerous
Ohhhh so close. SAVE every penny to take with you! I had to drive 45 min!
We have an awesome group of devoted Killi breeders around here and I (and friend) missed a few great deals like a Pygmy Sunfish trio which sold for 8 bucks because I mistakenly thought they were regular sunfish.

You will have a huge post too after that about what you did with your tanks that day!!!
__________________

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:08 PM   #7685
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
fish wrangler's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NE Illinois
Posts: 4,146
Busy afternoon for me.

Jusy finished draining 10 gallons from my 29 for a water change when my parents get home with 2 pangio kuhlii's for me(getting 3 more when in stock). I was running around filling buckets to refill the 29, fill the 10 gallon QT, open my canister for some seeded ceramic rings for the QT...*catches breath*...put polishing pads into canister, start drip acclimatization on the loaches, trimming back my jungle in the 29, putting the trimmings into the QT, and to top it off I spilled ~2 gallons of water onto the kitchen floor.

And all of this was in 1 hour. Now I can relax and finish acclimating the loaches

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
3 tanks
a 29 gallon high tech planted Chasing Red, a 20 long low tech, and a 75 gallon salty adventure
fish wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:11 PM   #7686
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish wrangler View Post
Busy afternoon for me.

Jusy finished draining 10 gallons from my 29 for a water change when my parents get home with 2 pangio kuhlii's for me(getting 3 more when in stock). I was running around filling buckets to refill the 29, fill the 10 gallon QT, open my canister for some seeded ceramic rings for the QT...*catches breath*...put polishing pads into canister, start drip acclimatization on the loaches, trimming back my jungle in the 29, putting the trimmings into the QT, and to top it off I spilled ~2 gallons of water onto the kitchen floor.

And all of this was in 1 hour. Now I can relax and finish acclimating the loaches
Yay, kuhlis: best fish ever! Will be waiting for pics!
__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #7687
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
fish wrangler's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NE Illinois
Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
Yay, kuhlis: best fish ever! Will be waiting for pics!
I just added them to the QT tank. They are tiny and not to happy but they should come around! 45 min car ride, 15 minutes waiting in the bag, and a 1 hour drip acclimatization took the life outa them lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
3 tanks
a 29 gallon high tech planted Chasing Red, a 20 long low tech, and a 75 gallon salty adventure
fish wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:38 PM   #7688
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Angela1108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,267
http://i.imgur.com/Wais64f.png



Added the moneywort in this tank in hopes of making my chili rasboras a little more happy. They weren't coloring up too well and they seemed skittish so I added the taller me in hopes of helping that. They seem to be coming out more so fingers crossed that it worked


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
Angela1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:29 PM   #7689
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela1108 View Post
Added the moneywort in this tank in hopes of making my chili rasboras a little more happy. They weren't coloring up too well and they seemed skittish so I added the taller me in hopes of helping that. They seem to be coming out more so fingers crossed that it worked
It looks nice, hope they settle down for you.
__________________
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:06 PM   #7690
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Finntastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Here is a quote from the regional section I posted late last night...
"GREAT fun day!

I ended up volunteering (getting volunteered because no one came to take over ) for a job which kept me busy the whole time but gave me enough flexibility to run around and check and buy some things too!

At the end there was crazy cheap deals. I got vinegar eel culture for $1. big bag of Wisteria plants for $1. Bag of frag plugs all assorted sizes and types for $1.
3 Bags of Fluval gravel 1 bag of stones new in bag for $0.80 each!!! (14.99 retail each)

Friend picked up Blue Green Rili shrimp 6 for $12.00.

The awesome cool thing I got was a trio of young Blue Gularis Killifish. Really amazing color. My head is spinning how awesome these fish will look. Woot, woot! look up google "Blue Gularis Killifish Sumer" and you will see a (excellent photo by Sumer) example of the breeding group. So happy about them!

ok, and if you are already kicking yourself for not coming...there was a 55G tank went for under 20. A 20G complete with nice gravel for $15. And a 125G that was around the same. Yes I said 125G...OMGG! I was busy doing something and missed the exact price, but they started those bids at $1. "

Theresa, don't know about yours but our auction was awesome!!!

Some highlights were the same Gularis only a pair went for $8. I wanted to get them but only had a small budget.

Red Millennium Rainbow s 4 went for $8 (not mine though I am getting some probably Wed or Friday from a local breeder)

Friend got me an awesome shelf SW stone for the new larger SW I will eventually get to and a pretty frag of Blue Zoas -sw and 2 Mangrove shoots about 7" for $3 for both

2 acrylic frag holders for $5

A huge surprise last night was a tiny pea sized golden orange marble with a little stripe baby fw Angelfish which was in the bag with the Wisteria plants!!!!! It has great finnage for such a tiny little one. I am gonna check who the seller was and find out what kind it is at the next meeting.

I Am really taken with this very tiny beauty. Hoping I can make sure to feed it properly. I have fry food and BBS and now vinegar eels so I am hoping to spot feed with a turkey baster. It already comes over to the front of the tank to look at me too, lol. I have a new favorite. will try to get a pic

Cleaned out some rotting moss in my AquaFarm (plants and snails). It got stuck under the sand, ewww yuck.

Moved the Betta out of the 16G just in case he wanted to be mean to the Killi and tiny Angel. He looked at the Killis But didn't chase them or attack, but just to be sure if he got bored with nothing else to do and put him into the 3G AF.

The AF tank is topless and unfiltered but heated and was with snails and plants, so I am thinking of moving it near my chair and plunking in my tiny intank filter which is sitting in the 16G to stay cycled, for just such an occasion.

Moved about 10 various size pond snails over to the bowl with the Assassin snail. Still not sure what to do with him.

Was given about 8-10 Blue leg Hermits - sw, and offered them a handful of new shells and watched them in the bag doing new home searches, lol, and had the best time seeing them turning the shells over and stick their heads inside them. Within an hour of putting them into the tank there was at least 1 possibly 2 which already switched shells!!!

Was up till 3am reading up on vinegar eels and other assorted things!

Fed all fish a nice assortment of foods.

Both pair of Angels spawned and pair #2 eggs were disappeared by the next day and pair #1 was a second time in a row mess of unfertilized eggs and few good ones and then gone the next day. Thinking the male is being distracted by the other male and not doing his job very well.

Why can't everyday be such a fun fish day!!!
You sound like you had a finntastic day. I wish I had a job like that, I guess I'm going to have to wait a few more years. The owner of my favorite LFS promised to hire me as soon as I am old enough because I am so knowledgeable about sw fish.
__________________

__________________
Finntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.