Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-29-2015, 10:15 PM   #7691
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here's what I have done.
First off I went to church but as soon as I got back it was fish tank mania! I first moved a hermit crab and a strawberry crab out of my 10 gallon saltwater and moved them to my 55 gallon saltwater. Than I cleaned my 40 gallon community and did a water change (while doing so I accidentally scared the fins off my Coris wrasse and made him jump the tank. He is fine now.) After that I sold several corals and began the take down of my 55 gallon saltwater aquarium. Then I rearranged the decor in my 55 gallon cichlid tank so my one spot domino syno catfish would have a bigger cave to hide in. Annnnnd that's it.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:42 PM   #7692
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Dropped the CO2 output from 4-5 bps to about 1 bps. Drop checkers are both blue. It was a bad week for killing fish so I'm dialing back on the CO2. I might resume adding glut as a carbon source (rather than bump up the CO2).
Dropped an algae wafer in the tank for the Otos but an amano shrimp grabbed it and took off. Added another. The Otos munched on it for a bit until it got overrun by snails.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 03-30-2015, 02:55 PM   #7693
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Sounds like FW finally gets to the fun part and watch the loaches
Fresh sorry to hear it was a rough week, hate the learning curves...
I did have a Finntastic day and that sounds like it would be a really good job.

The Blue Gulgaris trio is always hungry. This is the first Killifish for me so trying to learn their behaviors and personality. Pretty much reminding me of a really long wiggly Guppy. Seems pretty friendly, not skiddish. I am thinking of getting another type of Killi too, need to make sure they are compatible. The fundulopanchax gardneri innidere killifish aka Steel Blue, I know some members of the Aquarium Society have these since they were selling at the auction. Really nice color.

So planning on moving the tanks around and setting up a list of what to do so I can help avoid any obvious missteps.

Clean out of 12G Edge remove 2 full grown pair of shrimp slurping Albino BN Plecos
Hand over some BV Shrimp to hobby friend
Move the nano fish to a different tank.

Make a shrimp only BV tank to get the numbers back up.

Clean out Edge 6.6 and cull the red and really pale ones to another tank. Update scape

Clean out SW 12G rimless garden which looks like there was an apocalypse and seems almost like a wasteland.

Pick up SW and RODI water

Set up the SW 12G rimless garden again. Learn to epoxy rocks and set up permanent 3 piece structure so I can take out parts and put them back without it all being a complete nightmare.

Clean out the 35G with my water bugs/ micro foods and such for eventual and possible baby Angels move to bucket eventually to go outside.

Set the 35G up as a SW - move clowns and rocks and corals to empty the 15G and set it up as a grow out tank for plants and little fish.

Plus work... This is gonna be a busy week for me.

Today- get started!!!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #7694
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sheesh, do you ever stop.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:28 PM   #7695
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Sounds like FW finally gets to the fun part and watch the loaches
Fresh sorry to hear it was a rough week, hate the learning curves...
I did have a Finntastic day and that sounds like it would be a really good job.

The Blue Gulgaris trio is always hungry. This is the first Killifish for me so trying to learn their behaviors and personality. Pretty much reminding me of a really long wiggly Guppy. Seems pretty friendly, not skiddish. I am thinking of getting another type of Killi too, need to make sure they are compatible. The fundulopanchax gardneri innidere killifish aka Steel Blue, I know some members of the Aquarium Society have these since they were selling at the auction. Really nice color.

So planning on moving the tanks around and setting up a list of what to do so I can help avoid any obvious missteps.

Clean out of 12G Edge remove 2 full grown pair of shrimp slurping Albino BN Plecos
Hand over some BV Shrimp to hobby friend
Move the nano fish to a different tank.

Make a shrimp only BV tank to get the numbers back up.

Clean out Edge 6.6 and cull the red and really pale ones to another tank. Update scape

Clean out SW 12G rimless garden which looks like there was an apocalypse and seems almost like a wasteland.

Pick up SW and RODI water

Set up the SW 12G rimless garden again. Learn to epoxy rocks and set up permanent 3 piece structure so I can take out parts and put them back without it all being a complete nightmare.

Clean out the 35G with my water bugs/ micro foods and such for eventual and possible baby Angels move to bucket eventually to go outside.

Set the 35G up as a SW - move clowns and rocks and corals to empty the 15G and set it up as a grow out tank for plants and little fish.

Plus work... This is gonna be a busy week for me.

Today- get started!!!
Very much want to see pics of the gularis! I have a pair of gardneri, the female is pretty laid back but the male reminds me of a betta in pajamas.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:30 PM   #7696
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
Very much want to see pics of the gularis! I have a pair of gardneri, the female is pretty laid back but the male reminds me of a betta in pajamas.
I want to see a pic of your "Betta in pajamas" and the vulgaris.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:32 PM   #7697
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry gularis. I hate autocorrect.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:42 PM   #7698
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finntastic View Post
I want to see a pic of your "Betta in pajamas" and the vulgaris.
Male alone:

Spawning:

Old 03-30-2015, 04:47 PM   #7699
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Funny how one thing happens and it starts a domino effect. Heard from my killie source that the gardneri female will be here on Thursday. Decided to check out that tank and noticed something was off...it seems either one or both of the happy couple are actually murderers. I had a good-sized group of pygmy and phoenix rasboras, at least a dozen. And today? Four! Grabbed a net and they went into the Spec 5. Interestingly they're showing great color for both being in such a small group and in a relatively bare tank. So now the gardneri tank needs a big cleanup after the search & rescue mission....

After the badis eventually move to the Spec I'm planning to use their old tank for tiger shrimp. Going to start pulling out the RCS, divide them between the project tank and the 10g. Will probably move the micro rasbora group in the with tiger shrimp when everything is good to go.

Still need to decide on hardscape for the Spec

Lost yet another habrosus cory, that's 3 in the last few weeks. I have no idea why, all the other fish are fine and it's a very peaceful tank stock-wise. I like them a lot but the the pygmaeus seem hardier, at least in my experience.

Going to do a bit of plant work in the 10g. The least killifish seem to have settled in, not hiding in the plants anymore. Hoping to see some fry from them soon!
Old 03-30-2015, 06:08 PM   #7700
Aquarium Advice Addict

It really does look like a Betta in pajamas. Can I see your Phoenix rasboras?

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com