Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-08-2015, 02:46 AM   #7821
Aquarium Advice Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428471989.437281.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	269523
Changed to sand in my 5.5g betta/shrimp/snail tank

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Old 04-08-2015, 02:49 AM   #7822
Aquarium Advice Addict

Does anyone have cabomba? And if you do, does it take the top fern row, and open like a flower in the morning, then close up at night?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Old 04-08-2015, 03:23 AM   #7823
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegster803 View Post
Does anyone have cabomba? And if you do, does it take the top fern row, and open like a flower in the morning, then close up at night?

Yes.

Old 04-08-2015, 03:23 AM   #7824
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Worried about my oto fish. Made an actual post here. Um not much else.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:46 AM   #7825
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I can stairing at my tank all day.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:44 AM   #7826
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Fed the vampire shrimp, they seem to be really enjoying the extra space, I haven't seen them as active before. Placed cucumber in the tank for my snails but my largest vampire decided she wanted it and has taken it off to her cave lol
Put the plant's back in my elephant nose tank AGAIN! he must've up rooted nearly all off them 😈

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.
ROFL with you not at you! That Gonzo is a hand full!

Note below part to the asterisks is a bunch of SW tank stuff just in case you prefer to skip down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finntastic View Post
What are you putting in the SW autumnsky? And some zoanthids, green star polyp, and pulsing Xenia would look great.
The trouble tank 12G Rimless Garden

There is the large Montipora rock to the right, Orange Ricordea rock, Red Mushroom rock, then frags are of Pokerstar, Rainbow and Mystic Sunset Montipora, an Acan, a Duncan the one with the crazy skirt / green center and the Trumpet (green top center), Emerald Crab, a few Cerith snails and a couple big Tigger Pods (I really like them they are kinda like swimming whitish pill bugs ).

I have a very unhappy Xenia rock and will see about adding it to the 35G. It will likely be a hard time to get it happy since it is in the isolated bucket with the other rocks originally from the 12G. Maybe I will stick it back in, but to the 15G for now.

Some Stomatella snails.

I am looking for some nice Zoas, and value priced Zoas. I have a nearby hobbyist who is going to give me some parts and pieces from his aquarium inhabitants, at the moment I know will get a plating Orange Monti or 2 for the 35G, and unknown easy stuff.

The fun $$ will be going to FW Shrimp and maybe a school of CPD to add to my present batch.

The 15G soon to be 35G has the Urchin and killer Zoa Rock and a couple Mushrooms with the Saddleback Clowns and a Clown Goby and Porcelain Crab, I am afraid I haven't seen my 2 shrimp so will assume they are dead. Nerite snail Nassarius Snails and Dwarf Ceriths and Blue Leg Hermits and a Black Hermit and couple others.

Coming soon, Blue Star Clove Polyps on a island rock to help prevent overtaking things. My others were killed by the killer Zoa.

No Green Star polyps, at this point I am scared about quick over growth.

Fed Phytoplankton and misc other things to all the tanks.

Thinking tomorrow will move the pair #1 good sized bunch of eggs and #2 small bunch of Angelfish eggs into the 35G and try raising some babies if they make it. Big pwc tomorrow for the 35G and refill with the water from the pwc from the 72G to help blend the 2 water parameters. Need to find another heater for the 35G.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:59 AM   #7827
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

Note below part to the asterisks is a bunch of SW tank stuff just in case you prefer to skip down

There is the large Montipora rock to the right, Orange Ricordea rock, Red Mushroom rock, then frags are of Pokerstar, Rainbow and Mystic Sunset Montipora, an Acan, a Duncan the one with the crazy skirt / green center and the Trumpet (green top center), Emerald Crab, a few Cerith snails and a couple big Tigger Pods (I really like them they are kinda like swimming whitish pill bugs ).

I have a very unhappy Xenia rock and will see about adding it to the 35G. It will likely be a hard time to get it happy since it is in the isolated bucket with the other rocks originally from the 12G. Maybe I will stick it back in, but to the 15G for now.

Some Stomatella snails.

I am looking for some nice Zoas, and value priced Zoas. I have a nearby hobbyist who is going to give me some parts and pieces from his aquarium inhabitants, at the moment I know will get a plating Orange Monti or 2 for the 35G, and unknown easy stuff.

The fun $$ will be going to FW Shrimp and maybe a school of CPD to add to my present batch.

The 15G soon to be 35G has the Urchin and killer Zoa Rock and a couple Mushrooms with the Saddleback Clowns and a Clown Goby and Porcelain Crab, I am afraid I haven't seen my 2 shrimp so will assume they are dead. Nerite snail Nassarius Snails and Dwarf Ceriths and Blue Leg Hermits and a Black Hermit and couple others.

Coming soon, Blue Star Clove Polyps on a island rock to help prevent overtaking things. My others were killed by the killer Zoa.

Thinking tomorrow will move the pair #1 good sized bunch of eggs and #2 small bunch of Angelfish eggs into the 35G and try raising some babies if they make it. Big pwc tomorrow for the 35G and refill with the water from the pwc from the 72G to help blend the 2 water parameters. Need to find another heater for the 35G.
You can trim the green star polyp or isolate it on its own rock my friends were going to do that but they never had the time and now the only two corals in their 75 Gallon are a giant green star polyp and some sort of branching tree coral. And a possum wrasse would look great in your tank as well as a school of blue/green chromis.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:26 AM   #7828
Aquarium Advice Activist

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

Some Stomatella snails.

Nice sounds like your very busy too

Jim B from Tennessee
Old 04-08-2015, 06:04 PM   #7829
Aquarium Advice Addict

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428526684.951526.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	269565Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428526700.067011.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	269566

Came across what I'm 99% sure is a baby mystery snail! I had been trying to get my snails to successfully breed since I first got them, have never seen any successful attempts. One of them died last week and now I found this one, pretty cool.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:24 PM   #7830
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelK8485 View Post
Attachment 269565Attachment 269566

Came across what I'm 99% sure is a baby mystery snail! I had been trying to get my snails to successfully breed since I first got them, have never seen any successful attempts. One of them died last week and now I found this one, pretty cool.

Ahh congratulations! Definitely a baby mystery

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com