Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-13-2015, 03:14 PM   #7891
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Well, As soon as I put him in he proceeded to dig a hole underneath my rocks. Following that I fed the tank and he got chomped on a bit by this guy

although it really didn't seem to bother him. The goby doesn't really have teeth so I guess it was more of a gumming than anything.

Then he proceeded to chase this guy around for coming near him.

but he completely ignored the eel.

Since then I haven't seen him but that's not unexpected.

I'm just glad my trigger hasn't decided that the eel was food. His teeth look a lot like this (not my picture)

Hahaha quite the adventure for the little guy. What is that second fish that he was chasing around?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Old 04-13-2015, 03:18 PM   #7892
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelK8485 View Post
Hahaha quite the adventure for the little guy. What is that second fish that he was chasing around?

Amusingly enough, the Snowflake Eel was chasing around a Snowflake Blenny... To think they would be friends since they are obviously both fans of frozen

Old 04-13-2015, 03:21 PM   #7893
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Amusingly enough, the Snowflake Eel was chasing around a Snowflake Blenny... To think they would be friends since they are obviously both fans of frozen
Maybe an Olaf piece of decor to unite them? Lol jk

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 04-13-2015, 03:24 PM   #7894
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Yesterday night realized I forgot to turn the tank lights on on the North side of the house before I went to work [facepalm] so they were on all night to make up for that and turned them off this morning and going to catch them up this afternoon back on again.

Other than that, the lighting situation with my corals and the new light isn't seeming to be the solution I was expecting/hoping for. They are dull, even with consistent pwc every week or 5 days (for minerals). I am picking up a mini powerhead from a nearby hobbyist this week. Needing to dose a little more calcium. I think I will order a 20W 50/50 bulb and upgrade the spot light option and start using it again.

Then I found a 180G bowfront tank I am in negotiations for right now yes 180 gallons, 6 feet long and I have the perfect place for it, next to my 72G. That would be my discus tank.....dreaming!!! Guys wants $400 (was asking 800) but I really have only 300 I can spend - drilled, tank and stand nothing else, no light.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:05 PM   #7895
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werebat View Post
I just scored a 55g tank, stand, Magnum 350 filter and other accessories for FREE!!.
Thata awesome! I recently scored a 65g hex with stand, hood, lights, and UGF for free off craigslist. Been cycling since easter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

Then I found a 180G bowfront tank I am in negotiations for right now yes 180 gallons, 6 feet long and I have the perfect place for it, next to my 72G. That would be my discus tank.....dreaming!!! Guys wants $400 (was asking 800) but I really have only 300 I can spend - drilled, tank and stand nothing else, no light.
Jealous. I want a big tank (150+) but I don't have the room to accommodate in my apartment.

Today I did a 50% PWC on my 10g and on my 55g as well. Been observing a Venustus in the 55 that's acting weird. No signs of illness, just separating away from the others
Old 04-13-2015, 06:18 PM   #7896
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

stick the $300. in his face say take it or leave it and turn around start to walk away, bet you he will jump on it .
getting my tank ready for all the coral I ordered it should be here in the morning, got all my plugs ready with a arsenal of glue also picked up a nice flat rock for a nice garden in the sand , tomorrow is going to be a long day , once I get everything settled in and open Ill post lots picts

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:38 PM   #7897
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree with that statement. Cash is king. Especially if you can nitpick small things about it
Old 04-13-2015, 10:43 PM   #7898
Aquarium Advice Addict

Mebbid, my snowflake eels both got along great with my engineer goby, neon goby (R.I.P), and lawnmower blenny. Jaws lived with the engineer goby, and sometimes even let the neon goby clean inside his mouth. Jaws was not the cause of the neon gobies death, a falling rock was.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:18 AM   #7899
Aquarium Advice Addict

Finally found the baby mystery snails in my 150 gallon. Probably saw about 30-40 of them just cruising along.

Here's my bichir guarding over one of the little guys, you can see like three yellow dots in the background where more of them are. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428999380.454727.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	270028

Going to try growing them out to about pea sized or so and start trying to give them away to whoever will take some.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #7900
Elephant nose Finatic!

Added some new taiwan shrimp into my tank today. Click image for larger version

Name:	1429019352795.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	270034Click image for larger version

Name:	1429019372753.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	270035
Hubby nearly came home with the baby elephant nose he's been looking at! Looks like we might be adding a third tank soon 😊

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com