Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #7931
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
All inhabitants from the tank clean are alive this morning.

Went to the Petco 30% off sale (all plants and fish in aquariums - I guess Bettas too) and found some plants, Micro Sword Potted and bunch stems Repens and Bacopa.

Found a beautiful little Six Line Wrasse for my new SW transfer, I had to add another rock cave because the Clowns disapproved of a cave invader and they pretty much claimed the big hollow I made for them in the middle of the tank. Gonna feed them as every one can get cranky when they are hungry! lol

Got 2 Camel Shrimp they are very cute for the little Macro Algae 5G. Will have to do pics tomorrow, today's too busy.

One Fire Shrimp for the 12G. Yipee!!!!

pwc on 15G added RO/DI water to all SW for evaporation.

Moved a few coral frags from the 5 to the 12G just in case the Camel Shrimp want to snack on the Zoas, I guess they can do that sometimes, but they are really pretty and will be good in that tank for now since it is well established.

Wiped the glass

Found out I won't be picking up the School of CPD's 13 and 6 S & P Cories this week. :/

Scooping up my plants and heading out.
Busy as usual Autumn!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:52 PM   #7932
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've successfully done nothing all day except browse the web, and trying to figure what I want to put in this empty 29g, while trying to convince myself that I don't have space to set it up at the same time :ugh:

Old 04-17-2015, 05:54 PM   #7933
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
I've successfully done nothing all day except browse the web, and trying to figure what I want to put in this empty 29g, while trying to convince myself that I don't have space to set it up at the same time :ugh:
But we always make space! Lol

Old 04-17-2015, 06:01 PM   #7934
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ugh I know. Debated swapping it with the 10g planted in the living room, putting it in my oldest (5yo) daughter's room. She always said it is her "job" to take care of that tank anyhow.

Funny story, the 29g I traded for yesterday didn't come with a stand. Conveniently enough, my neighbor bought a table last weekend at a yard sale for $5 that we realized was a 29g aquarium stand once he got it home and we seen the sticker on the underside. To make it even funnier, the tank I acquired, and the stand he purchased are actually meant to be together. The stand came from the guys grandmother who had been using it as a TV stand!

Now to just talk the neighbor into selling it to me
Old 04-17-2015, 06:16 PM   #7935
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
Ugh I know. Debated swapping it with the 10g planted in the living room, putting it in my oldest (5yo) daughter's room. She always said it is her "job" to take care of that tank anyhow.

Funny story, the 29g I traded for yesterday didn't come with a stand. Conveniently enough, my neighbor bought a table last weekend at a yard sale for $5 that we realized was a 29g aquarium stand once he got it home and we seen the sticker on the underside. To make it even funnier, the tank I acquired, and the stand he purchased are actually meant to be together. The stand came from the guys grandmother who had been using it as a TV stand!

Now to just talk the neighbor into selling it to me
Lol 😃 how weird is that!
Hopefully your neighbour will sell it to you when you tell him you have the tank that goes with it 😄

Old 04-17-2015, 11:24 PM   #7936
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
All inhabitants from the tank clean are alive this morning.

Went to the Petco 30% off sale (all plants and fish in aquariums - I guess Bettas too) and found some plants, Micro Sword Potted and bunch stems Repens and Bacopa.

Found a beautiful little Six Line Wrasse for my new SW transfer, I had to add another rock cave because the Clowns disapproved of a cave invader and they pretty much claimed the big hollow I made for them in the middle of the tank. Gonna feed them as every one can get cranky when they are hungry! lol

Got 2 Camel Shrimp they are very cute for the little Macro Algae 5G. Will have to do pics tomorrow, today's too busy.

One Fire Shrimp for the 12G. Yipee!!!!

pwc on 15G added RO/DI water to all SW for evaporation.

Moved a few coral frags from the 5 to the 12G just in case the Camel Shrimp want to snack on the Zoas, I guess they can do that sometimes, but they are really pretty and will be good in that tank for now since it is well established.

Wiped the glass

Found out I won't be picking up the School of CPD's 13 and 6 S & P Cories this week. :/

Scooping up my plants and heading out.
Careful with the six line they love to jump. I came home from school one day to find mine taking a loooooong nap on my bed.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:34 PM   #7937
Elephant nose Finatic!

Did a big pwc on my shrimp tank since my nitrate level was high, got it down between 10 - 20 ppm so I'm happy with that 😊 going to check levels again tomorrow.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:00 AM   #7938
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finntastic View Post
Careful with the six line they love to jump. I came home from school one day to find mine taking a loooooong nap on my bed.
Thanks. It has a top which is pretty well fitted though there is a little space for jumping out. Hope he likes his "cave" Probably moving them all Monday to the "new SW build" in the 35G.

I think I have a leak in my 16G, I can't really figure out where the water is coming from.

After work and tea with friends (aka a long day) found water pooling on the floor. It might have been going on for a week. Noticed I had water on the floor several times but with changing water and cleaning tanks and filters, etc., when don't I have water on the floor,

I had to unravel a nightmare quantity of tubes, lines and wires and start over.

Found a DEAD mystery snail fouling up my tank water in the 16G and a dead fish, likely as a result of the wretched snail.

I decided I might as well clean out the 35G FW which was growing water critters for baby fish. Moved all the plants, rocks and moss over to the 16G.

Bailed and cleaned out the 35G (did I mention I am REALLY tired?) Added in the LR I have been bubbling away in the bucket from the old tank for the past few weeks and added my new Cobalt submersible heater and 5 more gallons of water, checking to see if my other containers are fresh or salt. Going to do add more SW if I have it and then the air bubbler.

Planning to buy more SW tomorrow to set up the 35 as the SW for the clowns and Wrasse and will be adding in the pieces I need to make sure it will be running well in the next couple weeks. For now I will be using the HOB I have.

The light hood is built in to the top of the tank, like an all in one set up. My lights rusted out so I need to install new LED or something else.

Not planning on putting in the corals all until the lights situation can be decided. So for awhile will have FOWLR. ("fish only with live rock" for any non SW speaking persons, lol)

Yippee!

If the 16G is leaking I will have to do a reseal .

PWC on the 16G and collapse. (I wish)

My friend just got a new Betta for her 2.5G tank, looked at her new pics.

edit - 3am finally finished for the night. Got all the wires hooked back up so heat and air for everyone including the bucket of snails.

I think the rim is leaking on the 16G...still not positive but after cleaning up everything no water leaking and the level is down an inch.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #7939
Aquarium Advice Addict

Purchased 100 lbs of pool filter sand.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 04-20-2015, 09:13 AM   #7940
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Thanks. It has a top which is pretty well fitted though there is a little space for jumping out. Hope he likes his "cave" Probably moving them all Monday to the "new SW build" in the 35G.

I think I have a leak in my 16G, I can't really figure out where the water is coming from.

After work and tea with friends (aka a long day) found water pooling on the floor. It might have been going on for a week. Noticed I had water on the floor several times but with changing water and cleaning tanks and filters, etc., when don't I have water on the floor,

I had to unravel a nightmare quantity of tubes, lines and wires and start over.

Found a DEAD mystery snail fouling up my tank water in the 16G and a dead fish, likely as a result of the wretched snail.

I decided I might as well clean out the 35G FW which was growing water critters for baby fish. Moved all the plants, rocks and moss over to the 16G.

Bailed and cleaned out the 35G (did I mention I am REALLY tired?) Added in the LR I have been bubbling away in the bucket from the old tank for the past few weeks and added my new Cobalt submersible heater and 5 more gallons of water, checking to see if my other containers are fresh or salt. Going to do add more SW if I have it and then the air bubbler.

Planning to buy more SW tomorrow to set up the 35 as the SW for the clowns and Wrasse and will be adding in the pieces I need to make sure it will be running well in the next couple weeks. For now I will be using the HOB I have.

The light hood is built in to the top of the tank, like an all in one set up. My lights rusted out so I need to install new LED or something else.

Not planning on putting in the corals all until the lights situation can be decided. So for awhile will have FOWLR. ("fish only with live rock" for any non SW speaking persons, lol)

Yippee!

If the 16G is leaking I will have to do a reseal .

PWC on the 16G and collapse. (I wish)

My friend just got a new Betta for her 2.5G tank, looked at her new pics.

edit - 3am finally finished for the night. Got all the wires hooked back up so heat and air for everyone including the bucket of snails.

I think the rim is leaking on the 16G...still not positive but after cleaning up everything no water leaking and the level is down an inch.
How's your 16 gallon doing Autumn? When I set my new tank up I put my new filter too close to the rim and got up to water spraying everywhere! 😄 hopefully yours isn't needing resealed.

Checked parameters on my shrimp tank and nitrate is now down to 5 ppm 👍panic over.
My elephant nose decided not to eat again this morning, so I've decided to not feed him for a day and hopefully he'll be hungry tomorrow night.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com