Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-23-2015, 05:21 PM   #8001
Aquarium Advice Addict

Little picture of the Jacobfreibergi that I've been keeping an eye on. While it still isn't actively swimming or exploring, it's doing a lot more than laying on the substrate. Progress! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429820499.045288.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	270769

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 04-23-2015, 05:50 PM   #8002
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
Little picture of the Jacobfreibergi that I've been keeping an eye on. While it still isn't actively swimming or exploring, it's doing a lot more than laying on the substrate. Progress! Attachment 270769

I hope he gets better. He looks a lot like mine except yours has a little more blue on the side.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:03 PM   #8003
Aquarium Advice Addict

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429822572.221159.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	270776

Water change on the betta tank. I'm hoping that driftwood never sinks. At first I had been forcing it down but it came loose and I actually enjoy the look more. I still have two of my baby mystery snails that I had moved from my larger tank into this one, pretty excited that he's letting them be in there. They're getting kind of big now and I still haven't witnessed him attack them like he has done with every other attempted tank mate.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 04-23-2015, 06:17 PM   #8004
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
Little picture of the Jacobfreibergi that I've been keeping an eye on. While it still isn't actively swimming or exploring, it's doing a lot more than laying on the substrate. Progress! Attachment 270769

Glad he's improving!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:02 PM   #8005
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks guys. The wife should be ecstatic to see him swimming around when she gets home from work. She's the peacock lover. She now has 4, the jacobfreibergi, 2 OB Peacocks, and a Sunshine peacock.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #8006
Aquarium Advice Addict

Happy wife happy life. . . .well I don't know I'm not married or even close to marriage.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:03 PM   #8007
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Picked up SW for the new 35G build; the LR has been bubbling away maybe 3 weeks I think. I feed it a little every now and again to feed the BB.

Stared at all sorts and types of FW and SW fish and inverts today for a long time wandering in the fish store. Thinking mostly about stock for the 35G SW and dreaming of Discus. The Discus at the lfs were 90% dreadful specimens.

I will speak to one of the masters at the Aquarium Society meeting about who to get Discus from. There isn't really any emergency since I won't be getting them soon. But I like to hope and plan And start knowing when certain colors will be available! Just in case I find the right tank...

Picked up a couple Amano shrimp one looks slightly bluish and the other a tint of yellow.

A monster sized Astrea Snail and a small one. Snail race to eat algae!!! hahaha.

Then a rather common colored white star center with cream to tannish with a hint of green Caribbean Rock Flower Anemone for $8 from one store.

The fairly nice colored one and a kinda plain one at the lfs were going for 69.99. I wonder why they have had them for 3-4 months, YIKES!!!

I asked the other store to order a few and I would get 2 if they were still 14.99 or less, then called the other lfs to see if they got any in and they didn't maybe Monday. Their's are 20. each. Just hoping to get a nice color somewhere along the line. See how hard I work for a great deal? A far away lfs was selling theirs too for 69 or 79. They also were disappointed they didn't sell very fast. They said at one time they had 200 last fall. For that price I wouldn't have been a buyer either. I digress. -

Working hard to get some more color in the tank from something that isn't going to sting or poison me. Yay!

Sad news now..., have lost the last 2 of the 3 Killis in the 2 days, first one disappeared. The water is good and the snails are doing fine and the tiny baby Angel SEEMS fine. Didn't eat, then next day dead. QT is a good thing. Sad though.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:07 PM   #8008
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fed the fish and looked over my plants.

Talked to the family about setting up my 10g nano reef! seriously so pumped about it.

Going to move my 45g community to my brothers room Saturday to free up the space for it and he loves that tank anyway👍🏼

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Old 04-23-2015, 11:55 PM   #8009
Aquarium Advice Addict

Water changes on all tanks, cleaned up the fishroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2015, 12:38 AM   #8010
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
Watched the dwarf puffers aaaalllll day. Have a video!

sinibotia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com