Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-27-2015, 11:12 PM   #8071
Aquarium Advice Addict

Not able to order parts to repair the fx5?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 04-27-2015, 11:31 PM   #8072
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
This

this

this

and this

But, if you insist on going with your choices, then I would say skip the hillstreams and go with the paradise fish option.

Are you open to other cold water fish suggestions?

I really love the cleaner shrimp and I believe that's a porcelain crab? Might put those in my nano

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Old 04-27-2015, 11:37 PM   #8073
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did a water change on 3 of our 4 tanks.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:53 PM   #8074
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
I really love the cleaner shrimp and I believe that's a porcelain crab? Might put those in my nano

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Yeppers, porcelain crab. One of the more interesting crabs I've seen
Old 04-27-2015, 11:59 PM   #8075
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finntastic View Post
Sorry, no more SW until I make more money (already told by the owner of my LFS, Triad Reef Critter's, that I can work there once I'm old enough) and yes I am open to other suggestions.
I suggest these to everyone, but it's still very rare to see them kept on this forum. I've only ran into about 3 other people that have ever had them in my entire time here.

Aphyosemion Australe - Lyretail killifish

Orange - Most common This was a pic of the male I used to have.

Red

Chocolate

They breed without too much difficulty. They are mop spawners and you can safely ship the eggs which are really hardy tbh. The fish and their eggs sell pretty readily online as well.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:57 AM   #8076
Aquarium Advice Addict

Found a huge flaw with my marineland silhouette 3g pico reef today. I saw the temperature was down to 71 degrees so i thought the heater went out.

I ran to grab a eheim jager i had laying around to put in the tank to warm it back up when i realized the back compartment basically ran dry leaving the heater exposed.

The filter cartridge got clogged and was restricting flow into the back compartment while keeping the water level relatively constant in the tank.

So props to nat geo for making a good heater that wont die when exposed to air. Also, i am very glad i have a digital thermometer on that tank because its the last thing I see every night.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:18 AM   #8077
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My 10g finally read 0 nitrites and 0 nitrates!! Moved by Betta into his new (and permanent) home and he loves it!
Also took out the divider in the 20g and my shark roams free at last! I can't wait for my 55 to get in so that he can roam even more free!
All my levels are great! Just need to vacuum out the gravel tomorrow in my 20g and do a water change.

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta
Old 04-28-2015, 01:35 AM   #8078
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
Quote:
I suggest these to everyone, but it's still very rare to see them kept on this forum. I've only ran into about 3 other people that have ever had them in my entire time here.

Aphyosemion Australe - Lyretail killifish

Orange - Most common This was a pic of the male I used to have.

Red

Chocolate

They breed without too much difficulty. They are mop spawners and you can safely ship the eggs which are really hardy tbh. The fish and their eggs sell pretty readily online as well.
My fiance died when she saw them, so we're going to get some soon I hope! The plan is to move our guppies into my 20 and dedicate the 10 to them. Such gorgeous fish, thanks again for suggesting them!

Actually if you're breeding them... are you selling/shipping any eggs?
sinibotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:40 AM   #8079
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinibotia View Post
My fiance died when she saw them, so we're going to get some soon I hope! The plan is to move our guppies into my 20 and dedicate the 10 to them. Such gorgeous fish, thanks again for suggesting them!

Actually if you're breeding them... are you selling/shipping any eggs?
If i had any still i would happily sell you some. My female died before i could get breeding them and i havent seen any more from our lfs

One thing of note, they do occasionally nip guppies. I would assume the same would happen to a betta. I've never seen a problem with any other fish though. There was never any permenant damage done though.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:01 AM   #8080
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
Quote:
If i had any still i would happily sell you some. My female died before i could get breeding them and i havent seen any more from our lfs

One thing of note, they do occasionally nip guppies. I would assume the same would happen to a betta. I've never seen a problem with any other fish though. There was never any permenant damage done though.
I was reading about that, and between that and wanting them to breed, that's why we decided to put them in the 10 where the guppies are now and put the guppies in the 20 gallon. I was watching 2 pairs for $15 on aquabid but the auction ended before I had the money to nab them.

sinibotia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com