Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-29-2015, 08:30 AM   #8111
Elephant nose Finatic!

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and algae scrub, the lotus is looking really good and it's filling out well 😊
Received Fluitans for my shrimp tank yesterday really liked them 😐 got up this morning to none!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:53 AM   #8112
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dang Shelly where you live? I'm in TN and it's not even 8am yet and you're already done with tanks for the day?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 04-29-2015, 08:58 AM   #8113
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
Dang Shelly where you live? I'm in TN and it's not even 8am yet and you're already done with tanks for the day?

I'm in Scotland, it's just coming up to 1pm here time for a coffee I think! 😉
But I'm sure I'll need to put my hands back into the tank again today Lol

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:20 AM   #8114
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ah! That makes sense. I just got my kids off to school and daycare, about time for some coffee here too.

Just to keep on subject, here my (ugly) project I've been working on for my 65 hex.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430309999.447595.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	271286

Old 04-29-2015, 07:59 PM   #8115
Aquarium Advice Addict

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430347857.802581.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	271303

Got my new filter finally. The UPS man usually shows up around 2, today he was late and got here around 6:30. I was stressing out since my other filter has been broken.

Doing a 50% water change, yanked the broken filter and put all the biomedia from it into the new filter. Now waiting on plugging this one up and hoping it works.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 04-29-2015, 08:27 PM   #8116
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well here is version 1 of my project for the 65 hex. Built from plexiglass, PVC and aquarium safe silicone. The tank is 31" deep, 24" flat panel to panel and 28" from corner to corner. The ledge has 15" tall legs. Added substrate to it and some very temporary decor to see if anyone is interested in going up there. Plan to leave it in for the rest of the day and tomorrow to see how it goes. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430349973.011956.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	271307Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430350008.494355.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	271308

Old 04-29-2015, 10:52 PM   #8117
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
Well here is version 1 of my project for the 65 hex. Built from plexiglass, PVC and aquarium safe silicone. The tank is 31" deep, 24" flat panel to panel and 28" from corner to corner. The ledge has 15" tall legs. Added substrate to it and some very temporary decor to see if anyone is interested in going up there. Plan to leave it in for the rest of the day and tomorrow to see how it goes. Attachment 271307Attachment 271308

That looks amazing!! this inspired me to spruce up my tank!

Sent from my C6725 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 04-29-2015, 11:46 PM   #8118
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Whew!

The 15G SW column tank has been switched over to the ever so spacious 35G Jebo new R375 tank with pwc if you can call it that, removed a bunch of murky water from the bottom of the buckets.

Very cloudy, added some filter floss, a new filter pad, and some API pad of stuff for clear water "biochem zorb with superior resins and carbon" seems to be helping already not quite an hour yet. Pics later.

Cleaned and rinsed out the 15G and set it in the corner.

Picked up a new CFL compact long plant light for my Architect lamp for supplemental light since i still don't have the replacement for the Edge built in fixture.

A test bulb for my refugium fixture as I can't say if the reason it doesn't work is the bulb or fixture.

Adding a pouch of Phosguard to the 12G in hopes of assisting the algae reduction in addition to lighting reduction and feeding less.

The Fire Shrimp in there is hilarious and always acts like he's starving. I dropped a ball of food in the tank near him and he sprang up off the rocks and grabbed it before it even got close to him and he looked like a basketball player going for a slam dunk mid tank.

Moved my Mts snails (to a new sheer bucket for better light) and the substrate out doors in a bucket - freshened the water and rinsed the bottom scum out, trimmed about 3 feet of Elodea out of the 6.6G Edge tank and added it to the bucket. Didn't look like I took anything out of the Edge tank. lol. There is at least another 3-5 feet of it in there. Usually I kill the stuff when I plant it. But when I completely ignore it it grows like crazy! And in perfect looking condition, looks like a plastic plant it looks so nice.

Other than the pic when the tank finally clears up more, will be busy and probably no more updates for a couple days. Except if I call tomorrow and find out the lfs got in my Rock Flower anemones

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:59 AM   #8119
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
Removed just a little bit of gravel from the Discus Project Tank. Day by day I'm removing it and then when it's gone I'll replace it with sand.
sinibotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:02 AM   #8120
Aquarium Advice Activist

Today I did a partial water change in my small tanks and topped off my large tank with some fresh water.

I Added 3ottos to my original 2 they are already moving around together as a group it's cool.

Also I put some terracotta pots into my betta tank because I'm suspecting there is too much current in there now. Have to think of something to help lower the current!

Lucky I put new fish in a quarantine tank because
One of my silver mollies
I just bought has Popeye in one eye.

So I moved it into my small tank (that I removed the bamboo from) by itself with Abit of salt

Tomorrow I'm giving my plecos and all the guppy fry back to the pet store :/ I like them a lot and wanted to keep them to see what colours they turn but my tank is overstocked so I have to.

My tanks
2gallon with snails
and a sick silver Molly

5gallon with
5 ottos
3platy 2 females one male
7guppy fry

5 gallon
5dwarf frogs
1betta
2 guppy fry

26 gallon
3 plecos
3 silver mollies 2 females one male
3 platys all males
2hatchets
2guppy adult females
12 guppy fry

Plants and flourite in each tank

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com