Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-01-2015, 09:47 PM   #8151
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks like I have 3 mollies ready to drop fry any time now..not planning any special attempts to save & raise them though.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:39 PM   #8152
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ordered a plant package for my betta tank and 7 ember tetra! Will get them when I get back from my trip! I'll post pictures around the website when I add them!

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

Old 05-01-2015, 11:29 PM   #8153
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
Moved the project tank to the back room with my two 10s. I just wasn't happy with how much algae it was getting. Kind of miss having it on my desk.

Wc in the 16g. I think it's finally starting to look like a real planted tank now:

Also did a wc in the spare plant tank:

Got some new red rili, small but very nice color and settling in nicely.

Sold yet another bag of dwarf water lettuce....

The Evolve was originally supposed to be for the spouse's work office but since it never left the house I'm browsing Amazon for tank kit, 5g or under. This one will be for a betta and is definitely his
Beautiful tank.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:40 PM   #8154
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sinibotia, how are the dwarf puffers? I am tempted to get some pea puffers for my 10 gallon instead of turning it into a rapids tank. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:38 AM   #8155
Aquarium Advice Activist

I gave away all my baby guppies last night (27 of them)! Today I did a 40 percent water change on all tanks except my frog and Betta tank ( they are clean creatures! tried to vacuum the back but pulled up my plants yet again. So i did some renovations,..re arranged the decor. Will post a picture tomorrow. I'm thinking of getting rid of all my viny plants and replacing with a few single stem plant so it easier to vacuum around. And less easy to pull out of the substrate crummy thing happened my driftwood broke when I lifted it to clean under

26 gallon with
2 marble hatchets
3 black platys with orange faces
3silver mollies
1 guppy
3 plecos

5gallon
With 5 Ottos
and 3 orange platys

5 gallon with
Five African dwarf frogs
And a male Betta

The frogs and Betta are getting upgraded to a 19 gallon cube tank with a glass lid next week yayy I get to plant a new one from scratch

It's going to be white sand
White rocks
And a few plants

... Anyone have any plants to recommend that
the
dwarf frogs
and Betta would like?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 05-02-2015, 01:43 AM   #8156
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finntastic View Post
Beautiful tank.

Oh cool thanks , I always wondered what my red plants r called ! I thing they are the same ? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430541606.697380.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	271455 I like your floating plants. It reminds me of my tank. sometimes my green viny plants in the back get uprooted.
Do you think its bad to leave them like that for a few days to a week? I don't want to stick my arm in there more than needed ( weekly water change /vacuum)

Old 05-02-2015, 01:48 AM   #8157
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
There is reasons that I can't seem to think of why tanks smell... But I'm biased to sand I love it way more than gravel
I'm starting. To feel that way as well ! I recently put sand in my frog tank and I love it. Soon I'm upgrading my 5 dwarf frogs and beta from a 5 g to a 19 g cube 16 inches with a glass top I can't wait! Im buying it from kijiji 80$ nothing included though. But u like the look of the glass lid it has hinges. I'm going to do it all white sand. . And prob one day I'm going to do my big tank in all black fluorite sand. And more rocks ,different plants. Lol love this new hobby of mine

Caleb

Old 05-02-2015, 01:53 AM   #8158
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelK8485 View Post
Be sure to check around the rim or on the hood of the tank as well. Pellets and flake food will often get stuck there and decompose.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks ! I cleaned under the hood and under my light etc took out a lot of dirt hopefully it will be better soon if not I will replace my carbon but I don't really think it's time yet it's been 2,3 weeks.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #8159
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdaisy View Post
Oh cool thanks , I always wondered what my red plants r called ! I thing they are the same ? Attachment 271455 I like your floating plants. It reminds me of my tank. sometimes my green viny plants in the back get uprooted.
Do you think its bad to leave them like that for a few days to a week? I don't want to stick my arm in there more than needed ( weekly water change /vacuum)

Your fish will get used to your arm. My fish in my planted tank have grown to not even care anymore because it's in there almost every day.

Caleb
Old 05-02-2015, 01:22 PM   #8160
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just picked up some stuff from a guy who is quitting salt water. I got a eshopps psk150 protein skimmer, 30 pounds of live rock a huge cabbage coral, 2 toadstools, Devils hand, a couple various mushroom rocks, 1 elephant ear and a serpent star for 100 bucks

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com