Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-03-2015, 04:05 PM   #8201
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey W. View Post
I know, the truth hurts. Apparently I like doing things the hard way.lol. I just figured I'd purchase one if I got anything bigger then my 55g. I didn't factor in the fact that I would fall on my butt going down the stairs. Oops!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Ir you could at least get a long length of flexible tubing, attach it to a piece of pvc, and use that as a siphon. Just leave the end of it outside to water your garden or lawn. That way youd only have to haul half the buckets.

Or they make attachments that will let you screw a garden hose onto your faucet. You could get a short length of hose and just fill buckets up on the same floor your tank is on.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:54 PM   #8202
Aquarium Advice Addict

Played around with the 2.5g

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430682727.227088.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	271553

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430682756.095306.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	271556

Put the mondo grass and the bamboo in pots. Well, cup for bamboo...

I used some Miracle Gro potting soil mix and some ordinary dirt from the garden. Going to see how they do neither are duly aquatic anyway.

Caleb

Old 05-03-2015, 05:01 PM   #8203
Aquarium Advice Addict

Didn't know you had a 2.5 Caleb, any livestock in there?

Finally got my Tigrinum to eat..he's shown no interest in any pellet I've tried. Started to get desperate so I dug up am earthworm from outside. He sucked it down quickly. LFS claims they handfed freeze dried shrimp easily but he didn't want any of it when I offered. Hope to get him pellet trained with either Hikari carnivore or massivore asap.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:03 PM   #8204
Aquarium Advice Addict

Photo of said Tigrinum in case someone hasn't seen.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1430683396055.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	271560  
Old 05-03-2015, 05:07 PM   #8205
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
Didn't know you had a 2.5 Caleb, any livestock in there?

Finally got my Tigrinum to eat..he's shown no interest in any pellet I've tried. Started to get desperate so I dug up am earthworm from outside. He sucked it down quickly. LFS claims they handfed freeze dried shrimp easily but he didn't want any of it when I offered. Hope to get him pellet trained with either Hikari carnivore or massivore asap.

Yes! I started no filter and tried ghost shrimp and a mystery snail. Dummy me forgot surface agitation and most died of the shrimp died. Me and the neighbor went crayfish hunting and I caught 2 baby wild crayfish. Was going well till one of the crayfish became an escape artist and somehow got out. Now I got one crayfish and a mystery snail and I'm satisfied with that. I run a sponge filter and an airstone on low. No heater.

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430683557.155813.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	271561
Current tank shot

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430683580.007801.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	271562
The remaining crayfish
On the crayfish the smaller lighter colored claw he had grown back in this tank. When I got him he only had one. I was amazed to see he has grown a new one.

Caleb
Old 05-03-2015, 05:16 PM   #8206
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sweet. I've wanted to go catch me a "crawldad" and keep in a tank but I don't have anywhere to put another tank and he wouldn't fit well in any existing tanks. Oh well, guess I have enough wet pets as-is. Haha
Old 05-03-2015, 05:20 PM   #8207
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
Sweet. I've wanted to go catch me a "crawldad" and keep in a tank but I don't have anywhere to put another tank and he wouldn't fit well in any existing tanks. Oh well, guess I have enough wet pets as-is. Haha

Well if you get one they are definitely full of personality mine is so fun to watch.

Caleb
Old 05-03-2015, 06:57 PM   #8208
Aquarium Advice Addict

Holy crap... i almost forgot how much it sucked rinsing black diamond blasting sand....

On that note, i rinsed out 50lbs of black diamond blasting sand to redo the substrate in my 40b.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:19 PM   #8209
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Holy crap... i almost forgot how much it sucked rinsing black diamond blasting sand....

On that note, i rinsed out 50lbs of black diamond blasting sand to redo the substrate in my 40b.
I have seen SOOO many people say this, but I swear I rinsed an entire bag in ~30 minutes and the tank was crystal clear within an hour. I'll be switching the ugly blue gravel in my 55 to it as well hopefully this week or next.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:33 PM   #8210
Aquarium Advice Addict

I removed all the sand from my 55g and now all I need is my dad to help carry it to the back deck so we can spread it out to dry. Also I am starting the change of my 10g and I'm not sure if I should keep the sand in the tank with the powerhead going.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com