Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #821
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I added more poly fill to my new filter on the 58. I wiped down the front glass of my puffer tank and then I fed my puffers a little treat and they thanked me by splashing me quite thoroughly. Now that I've got the front glass mostly unclouded, I might as well show off my rearranging.

Attachment 106370

Attachment 106371

Attachment 106373

Old 07-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #822
Aquarium Advice Activist

Went to the lfs bought five nassarius snails and ended up bring home a yellow goby

Did a water change and added the new members

Old 07-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #823
Aquarium Advice Addict

80% water change for Titus and 60% water change for Barney.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #824
Aquarium Advice FINatic

For my 75g I upped the filtration with a emperor 400. It was very noisy but has quieted down some..my 350 is quieter then it . I dont know why they just fix the impeller problem all together..you think the amount of complaints they get there would be a solution finally..lol anyways I also got a pleco for my 75g but I put him in my 36g unroll the 75 finishes its cycle
Old 07-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #825
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilson133
For my 75g I upped the filtration with a emperor 400. It was very noisy but has quieted down some..my 350 is quieter then it . I dont know why they just fix the impeller problem all together..you think the amount of complaints they get there would be a solution finally..lol anyways I also got a pleco for my 75g but I put him in my 36g unroll the 75 finishes its cycle
I've found that if I'm pouring water directly into the filter box at the same time I turn it on it isn't as loud and once it gets the suction and all that going good it is real quiet. I can't even hear mine. Just a soft hum and trickle. It started to get a little noisy after a few months and I sprayed out the filter to get rid of any gunk and it e's back to be super quiet again.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #826
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs

I've found that if I'm pouring water directly into the filter box at the same time I turn it on it isn't as loud and once it gets the suction and all that going good it is real quiet. I can't even hear mine. Just a soft hum and trickle. It started to get a little noisy after a few months and I sprayed out the filter to get rid of any gunk and it e's back to be super quiet again.
See I do that too! Mines a soft hum. This one I got from a friend is like a chain saw...its awful. Anyways lol
Old 07-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #827
Aquarium Advice Addict

I went to aquatropics and picked up some jungle vals and some ottos ( ottos only $0.99!!! So i bought them all for my 55) but when i was there love was certainly in the water lol.

The red devils had spawned and had free swimming fry of 2 weeks
The pair guarding the fry.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1224804743.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	106639
The fry ( hidden in the gravel , may be hard to see sorry)

Name:	image-2096164146.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	106640

And the tank divided ( left is baby side and right is everyone elses)

Name:	image-1953982866.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	106641

I also saw angelfish laying eggs. It was AMAZING! ( have pics may post.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2800556184.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	106642  
Old 07-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #828

Added a 3rd aqua tech 30/60 to the 75 gallon along with 3 Chinese algae eaters. Fed the jacks some ghost shrimp in the 55 gallon( they have been on their best behavior lately) pwc on the 30 gallon festae fry tank and did water test on all 5 tanks. Time to kick back and drink a few beers.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #829
Aquarium Advice Addict

5 gallon water change on my bio cube 29 and a quick once over at live stock and corals. Checked skimmer, heater, pump and power head.

75% water change on my 75g African Cichlid tank. Added my buffer and some Cichlid salt. Cleaned the glass outside and in. Checked all filters and did a head count. Also added fresh bag of carbon to the AC110 and added a new piece of driftwood.

Checked salinity in BC29 and my new innovative marine Nuvo 8 gallon nano tank. All in check.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:26 AM   #830
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Moved some amazon swords into our other tanks so I could put a clearing in my planted 55g fancy goldfish tank & restore their bubble wall. I am ecstatic about it!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com