Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 05-08-2015, 06:07 PM   #8311
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
That's awesome! My ropefish has only accepted live moving earthworms so far. And he's let me hand feed him a few times.


Caleb
I was super stoked on it. I bet I have tried at least 6 different foods with him this week that failed. I have successfully fed him an earthworm, frozen bloodworms, and now freeze dried krill. Hoping to get him on Hikari carnivore or massivore ASAP
__________________

__________________
PassengerTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:21 PM   #8312
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Stacey W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 613
I just installed my fluval C4 it looks so good in my 55g. Been wanting it for a year after much research. So much quieter than my Aqueon!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________

__________________
Stacey W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #8313
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishieKeeper429 View Post
Attachment 271930
Here's the tank can't wait for my plants! I'm getting reineckii, ludwidgia red and a red (unknown) rotala from a fellow forum member.
Attachment 271931
And these are the little guys. They are babies but they are colored really nicely!!
And they get along with my betta

Also added pebbles to my shark tank and he loves them. I put algae wafers on one of them and he is chomping away. healthy tanks, happy life.


20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

You mean altherananthera reinkeii? If so, good luck with it. I have a planted tank with medium lighting, co2 dosing, and dry ferts and it's still only surviving.


Caleb
__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #8314
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
I was super stoked on it. I bet I have tried at least 6 different foods with him this week that failed. I have successfully fed him an earthworm, frozen bloodworms, and now freeze dried krill. Hoping to get him on Hikari carnivore or massivore ASAP

I had the same problem with my bichir. I tried over 10 different foods and he wouldn't take any of them.


Caleb
__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:59 PM   #8315
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
FishieKeeper429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
You mean altherananthera reinkeii? If so, good luck with it. I have a planted tank with medium lighting, co2 dosing, and dry ferts and it's still only surviving.


Caleb

Oh boy, I'll have fun then XD thanks for the warning!


20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta
__________________
FishieKeeper429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:22 PM   #8316
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishieKeeper429 View Post
Oh boy, I'll have fun then XD thanks for the warning!


20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

No problem I hope it does well for you. It is far from an easy plant from what I have heard/read about it.


Caleb
__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:01 PM   #8317
Macro Addict
Community Moderator
 
54seaweed's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,321
Called UPG today to complain about this heart wrenching sounds coming out of my new penguin 200 filters , they are sending me new guts for both of them , if this don't solve the issue they said they'll send me new filters the next size up, either way its a win on my part , these guys are aces in my book between as many times I called about replacement parts in the past and my newest purchase , there very understanding when you explain the issue your having , was going to do a water change but I got lazy tomorrow sounds better
__________________
Fish are like lifesavers
They come in different colors

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:04 PM   #8318
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
Called UPG today to complain about this heart wrenching sounds coming out of my new penguin 200 filters , they are sending me new guts for both of them , if this don't solve the issue they said they'll send me new filters the next size up, either way its a win on my part , these guys are aces in my book between as many times I called about replacement parts in the past and my newest purchase , there very understanding when you explain the issue your having , was going to do a water change but I got lazy tomorrow sounds better
I've seen a few people postmg about similar issues recently with their Marinelands. I've bought two Penguin 350B's recently ($32 at petsmart!) and both have luckily been good as gold
__________________
PassengerTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:08 PM   #8319
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
I've seen a few people postmg about similar issues recently with their Marinelands. I've bought two Penguin 350B's recently ($32 at petsmart!) and both have luckily been good as gold

I've had 2 and both the impeller crapped out and the motor got unbearably loud.


On another note. Client build is finished aside from fish! (Will be put in tommorow!)




Caleb
__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:11 PM   #8320
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,897
Forgot to add pic..
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431130249.078040.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	271938

I'd do a background but I maxed the budget they gave me already so this is it besides fish. I wish I could have done live plants but they are newbies. Oh well.


Caleb
__________________

__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.