Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #8421
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pretty PO'd at the moment. This morning my neighbor asked me to come take a look at his 55g tank, got over and he had one Pictus cat die off and another was shortly behind it. We set up an emergency hospital tank using one of my water buckets and a 10-20 filter I keep running on my big tanks for this purpose and isolated his Pictus. This was around 6 hours ago.

That's not the crappy part, just a few moments ago, I glance over at my 29g that's housing a few Mollies and my TSN as a grow out, and I see my TSN swimming upside down. I'm guessing he will be dead within the hour. His stomach looks sunken in, and cannot swim worth sh!t. $30 fish down the drain in less than two weeks for no obvious reason as he seemed perfect last night. Not a happy camper right now. I could smash every tank in this house right now, light a match and walk out without thinking twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 05-14-2015, 05:34 PM   #8422
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
Pretty PO'd at the moment. This morning my neighbor asked me to come take a look at his 55g tank, got over and he had one Pictus cat die off and another was shortly behind it. We set up an emergency hospital tank using one of my water buckets and a 10-20 filter I keep running on my big tanks for this purpose and isolated his Pictus. This was around 6 hours ago.

That's not the crappy part, just a few moments ago, I glance over at my 29g that's housing a few Mollies and my TSN as a grow out, and I see my TSN swimming upside down. I'm guessing he will be dead within the hour. His stomach looks sunken in, and cannot swim worth sh!t. $30 fish down the drain in less than two weeks for no obvious reason as he seemed perfect last night. Not a happy camper right now. I could smash every tank in this house right now, light a match and walk out without thinking twice.

Sounds like you need a rubber duck to beat the bits out of. Any chance the LFS would take it back?

Caleb

Old 05-14-2015, 05:35 PM   #8423
Aquarium Advice Addict

And before anyone asks, water parameters are 0/0/10 temp is 78* steady. No recent signs of illness. No recent treatments in this tank. Tankmates are a few mollies and snails only. TSN is now in the emergency tank with the neighbors pictus. Neighbor isn't heavily concerned if he loses a pictus cat, and at this exact moment I'm not wasting a dime on meds to treat my TSN without a proper diagnosis due to him barely being alive.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #8424
Aquarium Advice Addict

I need a lot more than that. LFS guarantees for 5 days. Today is lucky number 13

Old 05-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #8425
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got a clip on Finnex from a fellow member and love it crayfish seems to like it too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431637394.213413.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	272267

Caleb
Old 05-14-2015, 07:16 PM   #8426
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Added a 13 watt cfl spot light to my 29 tank to try and get some reds. Doesn't look all that great, but the plants seem to like it.

Also haven't seen my kuhli loaches in the 29 in a few days, worried they jumped and my dogs ate them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 05-14-2015, 07:42 PM   #8427
Aquarium Advice Addict

Crayfish eating his first Hikari pellet.

https://youtu.be/ZDd2Lw8Be4w

Caleb
Old 05-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #8428
Aquarium Advice Addict

LFS I bought the TSN from isn't answering the phone, convenient!

Old 05-14-2015, 07:58 PM   #8429
Aquarium Advice Addict

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post

Just a thought since you and a neighbor had trouble at the same time- is there any construction or anything going on near you that could effect the tap water? (Like something going in it that wouldn't be picked up on normal param tests like metals)

Old 05-14-2015, 08:03 PM   #8430
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Got plants in my tank finally!! It looks just like I envisioned!

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta and Ember Tetras

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com