Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-14-2015, 09:43 PM   #8441
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
I got some plants that brookster sent and I have to say, it makes a night and day difference. I knew as soon as I planted it that the Blyxa was fantastic for my tank.

The tank looks finntastic.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:46 PM   #8442
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finntastic View Post
The tank looks finntastic.
*facepalm* thanks

Old 05-14-2015, 09:54 PM   #8443
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't know a whole lot about plants, what's the foreground, left corner?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 05-14-2015, 10:00 PM   #8444
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
I don't know a whole lot about plants, what's the foreground, left corner?

That's the Blyxa Japonica that I got today. I've never had it before and I'm kind of kicking myself for not trying it before now.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:20 PM   #8445
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ah. Its a good looking plant. I'm real fond of grass-like plants but it seems they're all demanding of co2 and intense lighting and I can't provide that
Old 05-14-2015, 10:39 PM   #8446
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
Ah. Its a good looking plant. I'm real fond of grass-like plants but it seems they're all demanding of co2 and intense lighting and I can't provide that
Yeah, it sucks because they are soo popular.

On that note, the Planted + 24/7 is coming out tomorrow. Upgrade time maybe?
Old 05-14-2015, 10:47 PM   #8447
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

The hobby has its ups and downs.

The down was switching tanks around to pass on the 16G to a friend, I cleared out the SW 12G low iron rimless garden and transfered its contents to the SW 35G and an ice cooler.

Then began emptying it out. Kept most of the top cleaner water. Took it to the bath room to dump the yucky bottom water and as I was getting it to the bath tub to empty over a third of the water left in it, it had a big slosh from walking, I tilted to help reduce the slosh and something happened in an instant !!! I caught it on my leg - but it bonked down on the toilet lid and crushed the bottom of the tank, out went all that water onto the bathroom floor, at least 4-5 gallons.

And in a flash, the beautiful tank was rendered useless. I was briefly in shock and used all towels I could find to corral the water.

What a mess!

Friend was still coming for the 16G and all the fish in it had to get moved asap.

Got that done and was scooping substrate when she arrived.

This major snag caused all the other things to change as the fish were going to be going into that tank.

I will check if a glazier can fix it I think the sides are all right, though not too sure as there was so much else to do. YIKES!!!

Got the tank changed, over rinsed the new to me substrate, made a last minute decision change on the fish and shrimp tanks.

Have taken a couple of hours to decide who goes where.

Not happy with my 12G Edge tank looking like a plant container and no fish swimming around. when I look inside I see just a few shrimp and that is a waste for such a pretty tank.

Shrimp don't care if they live in a column tank, there will be lots of room for hundreds of them in a 15G tank tall and narrow and I can all but for get about them and let them breed like crazy. Put the UP Shrimp soil in that tank and getting ready to do the change over from the 12G Edge Blue Velvets and Tangerine Tigers to the 15G column tank now.

Not too excited for the next few hours of moving everything around, BUT I needed to move the 12G tank anyway just hadn't planned on all this in one day.

#2 DG (Flame went home to live with DD)

We will see how it all goes... Thanks for listening to me whine. Oh got approximately 7 CPD's to add to the group. Well better get to it... (tired)

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:04 PM   #8448
Aquarium Advice Addict

That sucks about the tank autumn! That's like my worst fear a
Is accidentally breaking a tank

Caleb
Old 05-14-2015, 11:04 PM   #8449
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
The hobby has its ups and downs.

The down was switching tanks around to pass on the 16G to a friend, I cleared out the SW 12G low iron rimless garden and transfered its contents to the SW 35G and an ice cooler.

Then began emptying it out. Kept most of the top cleaner water. Took it to the bath room to dump the yucky bottom water and as I was getting it to the bath tub to empty over a third of the water left in it, it had a big slosh from walking, I tilted to help reduce the slosh and something happened in an instant !!! I caught it on my leg - but it bonked down on the toilet lid and crushed the bottom of the tank, out went all that water onto the bathroom floor, at least 4-5 gallons.

And in a flash, the beautiful tank was rendered useless. I was briefly in shock and used all towels I could find to corral the water.

What a mess!

Friend was still coming for the 16G and all the fish in it had to get moved asap.

Got that done and was scooping substrate when she arrived.

This major snag caused all the other things to change as the fish were going to be going into that tank.

I will check if a glazier can fix it I think the sides are all right, though not too sure as there was so much else to do. YIKES!!!

Got the tank changed, over rinsed the new to me substrate, made a last minute decision change on the fish and shrimp tanks.

Have taken a couple of hours to decide who goes where.

Not happy with my 12G Edge tank looking like a plant container and no fish swimming around. when I look inside I see just a few shrimp and that is a waste for such a pretty tank.

Shrimp don't care if they live in a column tank, there will be lots of room for hundreds of them in a 15G tank tall and narrow and I can all but for get about them and let them breed like crazy. Put the UP Shrimp soil in that tank and getting ready to do the change over from the 12G Edge Blue Velvets and Tangerine Tigers to the 15G column tank now.

Not too excited for the next few hours of moving everything around, BUT I needed to move the 12G tank anyway just hadn't planned on all this in one day.

#2 DG (Flame went home to live with DD)

We will see how it all goes... Thanks for listening to me whine. Oh got approximately 7 CPD's to add to the group. Well better get to it... (tired)
Yikes

That's no good. It's really making me look forward to moving a 55g tank all by myself in a few minutes...
Old 05-14-2015, 11:58 PM   #8450
Aquarium Advice Addict

I wouldn't dare attempt to move a 55g alone. Not that they're particularly heavy but the awkwardness of it. Be afraid to drop or twist and bust

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com