Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-23-2015, 02:49 PM   #8531
Aquarium Advice Addict

Im apparently getting a 29g hexagon tank that my mom had when she was in first grade.

I dont know why my grandpa has held onto it all these years but *shrug*

Old 05-23-2015, 04:03 PM   #8532
Aquarium Advice Addict

Strange Mebbid! Haha. My 65 hex was purchased in 1981 and still has all the original seals. Maybe you'll be so lucky too

Jesse

Old 05-23-2015, 04:20 PM   #8533
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald76 View Post
Trying to decide what fish to take to the LFS to sell. I was just originally taking all my red delta/snakeskin fry, then I figured I'd take both my older guppies too, and my platies, which were a dumb buy, and now I'm thinking about taking up my peppered cories to trade for some Julii but I'm not sure if they have any. Thoughts?

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic
You have been switching things around a lot. I would keep the Cories and add a few of the Julii to the group. Trade in Platties. Keep the Guppy producers if you think trading them in periodically can get you some credit towards things you would rather have.

Also maybe try and plan a stock list for the tank using aqadvisor. Then you can add and subtract without having to take them to the lfs.

Remember to QT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Im apparently getting a 29g hexagon tank that my mom had when she was in first grade.

I dont know why my grandpa has held onto it all these years but *shrug*
Sounds special - like it should be a nano fish tank or Shrimp... or Dwarf Crayfish pair. In case you wanted any ideas, or a trio of Green snakeskin Guppies, it probably had Delta tail guppies back in the day!

Sent off a raok package.

Having a crazy long work day today so not too much fish fun.

Rock Flower Anemone in the SW tank is still looking saggy. The other one looks perfect, almost like it is smiling even. But it is on top of the rocks and didn't go and hide...

Had TT and BV shrimp coming over to my arm and hand when I was taking out the plants today, that was cute. One of the TT was crawling on my hand and fingers while I was moving over the MTS. Was concerned I was gonna pinch him!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:43 PM   #8534
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
You have been switching things around a lot. I would keep the Cories and add a few of the Julii to the group. Trade in Platties. Keep the Guppy producers if you think trading them in periodically can get you some credit towards things you would rather have.

Also maybe try and plan a stock list for the tank using aqadvisor. Then you can add and subtract without having to take them to the lfs.

Remember to QT.

Sounds special - like it should be a nano fish tank or Shrimp... or Dwarf Crayfish pair. In case you wanted any ideas, or a trio of Green snakeskin Guppies, it probably had Delta tail guppies back in the day!

Sent off a raok package.

Having a crazy long work day today so not too much fish fun.

Rock Flower Anemone in the SW tank is still looking saggy. The other one looks perfect, almost like it is smiling even. But it is on top of the rocks and didn't go and hide...

Had TT and BV shrimp coming over to my arm and hand when I was taking out the plants today, that was cute. One of the TT was crawling on my hand and fingers while I was moving over the MTS. Was concerned I was gonna pinch him!
Apparently she kept a telescope goldfish named bubbles in it
Old 05-23-2015, 04:47 PM   #8535
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got my angelfish to eat from my hand finally! And been tinkering with my ro/di unit, darn thing been a leaking on me

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:17 PM   #8536
Aquarium Advice Addict

No such luck. This tank needs some loving.

Did i hear something about under gravel filters? This one is over 30 years old!

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1432419398775.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	272745
Old 05-23-2015, 09:08 PM   #8537
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hah mine came with one too! It crumbled when I pulled it from the tank. I would do some measurements, i think that could be bigger than 30 gallons. My 65 is 24" from flat panel to flat panel, like 28" point to point and 30.5" tall.

Jesse
Old 05-23-2015, 11:06 PM   #8538
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pygmy cories!! (Squee!) I got six, they're adorable, as are my new RCS. Super excited for them all to grow up and go in my big tank!

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic
Old 05-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #8539
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
Hah mine came with one too! It crumbled when I pulled it from the tank. I would do some measurements, i think that could be bigger than 30 gallons. My 65 is 24" from flat panel to flat panel, like 28" point to point and 30.5" tall.

Jesse
It's 18" pane to pane and 24" tall.

I am having a problem. Right now, in my bedroom there is a tank that is a 20g high. Hanging over that tank is a light powerful enough for a reef. In that 20g I currently have plants, a betta, a ton of neocaradina shrimp, and some neon tetras.

Here are my options:

1 - Ditch the 20g and replace it with my hex tank. Potentially putting an angel or two in there and keeping it heavily planted. I have an understocked 40b planted tank that the neons would go into.

2 - Tear down he 20g and put the Hex tank there. Place my betta in my 3g salt water tank and turn the hex into a LPS reef.

3 - Keep the planted 20g as is and find another place to put the hex tank.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:47 PM   #8540
Aquarium Advice Addict

I vote option 2. Jmo

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com