Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-24-2015, 06:22 PM   #8551
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I've just been planning my 55 set up lol other than that just watching the tanks

Old 05-24-2015, 07:12 PM   #8552
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Are they like Ghost shrimp or different?
There about the size of your pinky bent , almost the size of a small deli shrimp I forgot the name of them they have a blueish tint to them
was going to get tiny mysiss too but they were out
just started a culture of brine should hatch tomorrow
better go find the tank divider for the brine to keep them in a easy place to suck up in turkey baster

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #8553
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

ordered new tops for the 90g there glass but they have a big vent in the center of them ,
it's nice to have glass tops again best part these breath they were a little pricey for the pair but I think they are worth it, ordered these out of a pet store in California that I came across there web site,

also ordered new sand again to replace sand in tank again , to rid white hair once and for all , I discovered the source that caused the out break , it was the charcoal I added in my sump , for now on chemi pure only ,

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:11 PM   #8554
Aquarium Advice Addict

I gave away my guppies to a friend from my red cherry tank. Then I moved my 7 exclamation rasboras from the 5.5g with the blue pearl shrimp to the said 20long with my red cherry shrimp because I ordered some tangerine tiger shrimp to go in the 5.5 with the blue pearl.

Tomorrow I will be going to a LFS to get more of the rasboras to bump up the school since they have a lot of room

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 05-24-2015, 11:26 PM   #8555
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Did my weekly water change, and when I cleaned my skimmer I found a dead otocinclus I cleaned the skimmer earlier in the week too. Down from 5 otos to now 2 or maybe 3. Only had 2 KIA with 1 MIA presumably KIA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 05-25-2015, 04:20 PM   #8556
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have two Mystery snails in my 29g tank, one of which who is super active and the other whom has always been lazy in comparison. The lazy one stopped moving nearly 3 weeks ago and I was tempted to remove and toss it. Anyone who has ever had a snail die knows the SMELL that comes from it. This snail has no smell at all, and even though I never seen it open or close it's trap door I decided to leave it alone until the smell arrived. Fast forward almost 3 weeks later and look who is making a return! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432581597.343309.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	272813

Jesse
Old 05-25-2015, 04:38 PM   #8557
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
I have two Mystery snails in my 29g tank, one of which who is super active and the other whom has always been lazy in comparison. The lazy one stopped moving nearly 3 weeks ago and I was tempted to remove and toss it. Anyone who has ever had a snail die knows the SMELL that comes from it. This snail has no smell at all, and even though I never seen it open or close it's trap door I decided to leave it alone until the smell arrived. Fast forward almost 3 weeks later and look who is making a return! Attachment 272813

Jesse
Walking Dead!!! Sometimes they just need some rest period. I had one which got some salt damage when it got into some somewhat concentrated stream of salt water getting poured in a tank I was treating for ick. After a few weeks it was good as new.

Ok, Fed every one, trying to pamper my Rock Flower Anemone with extra food, Oysterfeast... Because of this I will need to do an additional pwc in the morning. Everything else in the tank seems extra happy too.

Noticed that the CPD's are much more active without the light on. Considering some floating stems as the 12G Edge tank has a glass top with water touching it; floating plants won't work and still have the effect of the Edge cube of water. Hmmmm, think I will move the long piece of Elodea over there.

Trying to buy an extra 12G Fluval Edge from someone and I can't seem to get a return email from them. Hopefully they are just out camping in the mountains for the holiday. Long work day ahead..

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:16 PM   #8558
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Walking Dead!!! Sometimes they just need some rest period. I had one which got some salt damage when it got into some somewhat concentrated stream of salt water getting poured in a tank I was treating for ick. After a few weeks it was good as new.
I am now referring to it as Snail Van Winkle

Jesse
Old 05-25-2015, 09:39 PM   #8559
Aquarium Advice Addict

I moved the three white clouds from my pond to a 10g so they will breed and the fry will have a chance.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:11 PM   #8560
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got an entire CASE of clarity(free). What do I do with this stuff? Lol. And got some interesting bio media meant for planting pond plants.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com