Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-28-2015, 01:35 PM   #8571
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did a 50% water change.

Also, my Aponogeton Ulvaceus has 2 flowers now so I made their sexy bits kiss. This plant produces an impressive amount of pollen

Old 05-28-2015, 01:46 PM   #8572
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Did a 50% water change.

Also, my Aponogeton Ulvaceus has 2 flowers now so I made their sexy bits kiss. This plant produces an impressive amount of pollen

always loved how plants bring in that sexy factor and I love how it pops out of the water surface with elegance

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:44 PM   #8573
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

well I got my brain I won don't look anything like I thought to the pict

also got a CuC booster crew and cleaner clams and a few small pieces that were on sale , now the second order I got a torch that I split in half and might do it again , got a purple flowerpot 2 green flower pots a big rock of yellow/green clove polyps, and a small rock of blue moons they still didn't open , got my new glass tops they are sweet
the lid is a 4 inch piece of glass hinged to a 6 inch vent than another 6inch piece of glass to a 2inch plastic strip , also got a nice amount of feeder shrimp,

now if I can catch the true colors I tried about every setting on this stupid camera can't see any of the zoa's and how the colors pop

Old 05-28-2015, 07:56 PM   #8574
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Did a 50% water change.

Oooo, I would love some for my pond do you think one would do well?
Old 05-28-2015, 07:58 PM   #8575
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
well I got my brain I won don't look anything like I thought to the pict

also got a CuC booster crew and cleaner clams and a few small pieces that were on sale , now the second order I got a torch that I split in half and might do it again , got a purple flowerpot 2 green flower pots a big rock of yellow/green clove polyps, and a small rock of blue moons they still didn't open , got my new glass tops they are sweet
the lid is a 4 inch piece of glass hinged to a 6 inch vent than another 6inch piece of glass to a 2inch plastic strip , also got a nice amount of feeder shrimp,

now if I can catch the true colors I tried about every setting on this stupid camera can't see any of the zoa's and how the colors pop
What types of fish are in your tank? And your tank looks great.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:23 PM   #8576
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

thanks I got a good assortment of fish and inverts , most of the fish are between 3/6 inches in size the engineer goby is about 18 inces long and the lobster is around 6 inches too there all huge

Fish:

engineer goby , 3 blue green chromis , 3 dark blue sea chromis , 2 yellow banded maroon clowns , 1 lunar wrasse , 1 lawn mower blennie , 1 Valenti puffer , 1 flame angel , 1 yellow chromis , black domino damsel this guy has to go but he is impossible to catch ,

Inverts:

1 lobster , 12 emerald crabs , 100+ assorted snails , 4 electric blue hermits , 50 blue leg hermits , 1 fire shrimp , 1 skunk shrimp , 6 cleaner clams , 5 white leg hermits , 12 red leg hermits , 6 extra large peppermint shrimp ,

Old 05-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #8577
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finntastic View Post
Oooo, I would love some for my pond do you think one would do well?
It would probably do okay. It's a medium light root feeder.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:20 PM   #8578
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
thanks I got a good assortment of fish and inverts , most of the fish are between 3/6 inches in size the engineer goby is about 18 inces long and the lobster is around 6 inches too there all huge

Fish:

engineer goby , 3 blue green chromis , 3 dark blue sea chromis , 2 yellow banded maroon clowns , 1 lunar wrasse , 1 lawn mower blennie , 1 Valenti puffer , 1 flame angel , 1 yellow chromis , black domino damsel this guy has to go but he is impossible to catch ,

Inverts:

1 lobster , 12 emerald crabs , 100+ assorted snails , 4 electric blue hermits , 50 blue leg hermits , 1 fire shrimp , 1 skunk shrimp , 6 cleaner clams , 5 white leg hermits , 12 red leg hermits , 6 extra large peppermint shrimp ,
Wow, and what size tank is this? I had a 12" engineer goby who was sold to my friend. How is the puffer doing with all of those tasty inverts?
Old 05-28-2015, 09:57 PM   #8579
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

he leaves most alone but he snacks on a snail or 2 once in a while other than that he's good even leaves coral alone
it's a 90g tank

Old 05-30-2015, 04:39 AM   #8580
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Nice to see new stuff and good progress on all the tanks. Oh my goodness has it been hectic around my neck of the woods.

I have confirmed my day off work to go see Gary Lange Rainbow fish expert at our local aquarium society. Free if anyone is in Denver on Friday the 5th at 730pm.

We are redoing things in the house, part of what I have been changing things around for with the tanks. Still don't have all the particulars of where everything will fit best, so a work in progress at home DIY.

Too busy! My saddest news is my beloved Rock Flower Anemone died. (The one that just looks like a rock is doing well) Even the next day I took it out of the tank ( wanted to make sure it wasn't just sickly), it was the most putrid thing I ever smelled and it was like slime and got all over everything.

The basic stuff on the tanks - routine maintenance, refills, pwc, feeding.

The best news is I won an auction for a refurbished - like new condition - Current Planted Plus 48-60" for my 72G, for 49.95. I was almost going to buy a finnex the same size from a local guy used for over twice the price ( though more powerful light).

Anyway my DD can have the 36-48" that I got to try out for her 36" tank and this new one should supplement the light stock light just fine for now. I really wanted the Pro version with ramp timer for 287. but THAT wasn't in the budget. Maybe some day. Pretty happy with that price.

It seems that there are a few baby Shrimp, a couple small Tangerine Tigers and a couple new Blue Velvets. I just gave them a pwc and a huge feeding so hoping that gets the breeding initiated. I have been a little disappointed on not seeing more berried females in the 15G.

I am trying to give the CPD's 2 feedings per day in the 12G Edge). It looked like possibly some eggs - maybe 5, were in the Elodea but I didn't see them the next day. I imagine they would be eaten anyhow, if they turned into babies.

The person with the extra 12G Edge tank never did get back to me! Disappointed.

Nothing else new in fish land.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com