Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 05-30-2015, 11:36 AM   #8581
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 1,175
Nothing exciting going on here. Took a partial sheet of acrylic and made a top for my 29g so I don't have to worry about my little bichir jumping out.

Also, after talking to Caleb on instagram, a local friend DM'd me about two SW tanks his friend has for sale. $250 for a 60 gallon setup, and a JBJ nano 24. Both tanks are well established fowlr and include every thing except an ro/di setup.

Only reason I haven't went to buy them already is I currently have 4 tanks running and cannot set up any more. The gears in my brain have been turning and churning all morning trying to figure out how I can consolidate my current tanks down to only two, but there's no way to do it..

Jesse
__________________

__________________
PassengerTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #8582
member

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lawrence, Ks
Posts: 3,907
I just rescaped my 20L, fully planted. Moved a discus pair, that has recently paired themselves off, from 150 to a 29 to breed. Doing wc's on the angel baby tanks, guppy baby tanks, and peacock cichlid tanks now. Just takin a breakfast break. Happy tanking.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________

__________________
PoppaRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:50 PM   #8583
member

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lawrence, Ks
Posts: 3,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
Nothing exciting going on here. Took a partial sheet of acrylic and made a top for my 29g so I don't have to worry about my little bichir jumping out.

Also, after talking to Caleb on instagram, a local friend DM'd me about two SW tanks his friend has for sale. $250 for a 60 gallon setup, and a JBJ nano 24. Both tanks are well established fowlr and include every thing except an ro/di setup.

Only reason I haven't went to buy them already is I currently have 4 tanks running and cannot set up any more. The gears in my brain have been turning and churning all morning trying to figure out how I can consolidate my current tanks down to only two, but there's no way to do it..

Jesse
Oh come on now Hensley. Lol. There's always room for 2 saltwater complete setups somewhere. Every room in the house deserves a tank. Hallways too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
PoppaRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:11 PM   #8584
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 1,175
I agree, but my landlord does not. We live in an apartment and I'm not real sure how we haven't gotten in trouble already with the current tanks. My 29 only has a few mollies, and my little bichir. If the bichir would explode in growth so I could move him in with my sa/ca cichlids, I would break the tank down and give the mollies to my neighbor and sell the tank to a friend. 10g could be gone at any time. If I could do this, I would put the 24g JBJ in my daughters room and the 60 in my living room with my 55. That would leave me with my current standard 55g, 65g hex, and the two sw tanks which would be nice


Jesse
__________________
PassengerTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:17 PM   #8585
member

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lawrence, Ks
Posts: 3,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjk View Post
I agree, but my landlord does not. We live in an apartment and I'm not real sure how we haven't gotten in trouble already with the current tanks. My 29 only has a few mollies, and my little bichir. If the bichir would explode in growth so I could move him in with my sa/ca cichlids, I would break the tank down and give the mollies to my neighbor and sell the tank to a friend. 10g could be gone at any time. If I could do this, I would put the 24g JBJ in my daughters room and the 60 in my living room with my 55. That would leave me with my current standard 55g, 65g hex, and the two sw tanks which would be nice


Jesse
That would be nice. Feel like scuba diving in the living room. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
PoppaRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:25 PM   #8586
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 1,175
The 55 and 29 are in there now. I just have to see if I can get the wife on board. She was eyeballing some yellow tangs the past few times she went to the LFS with me


Jesse
__________________
PassengerTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:17 PM   #8587
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 2,789
Finally got my light mounted properly, now time for the corals to readjust Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433006209.584936.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	272964


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:20 PM   #8588
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
fish wrangler's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NE Illinois
Posts: 4,146
got the best high school graduation gift ever!!! 75 gal w/oak trim, oak stand, filter, 300 watt heater, amd glass tops. Now to decide what to do with it another planted, reef, natives, or FOWLR...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
3 tanks
a 29 gallon high tech planted Chasing Red, a 20 long low tech, and a 75 gallon salty adventure
fish wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 03:03 PM   #8589
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Dallascowboys16's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Highlands Ranch, Co
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish wrangler View Post
got the best high school graduation gift ever!!! 75 gal w/oak trim, oak stand, filter, 300 watt heater, amd glass tops. Now to decide what to do with it another planted, reef, natives, or FOWLR...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Are you going to set it up in your dorm?
__________________
High-Tech 55 gallon-10 gallon reef
2015 AA Fantasy Football Champion
Dallascowboys16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 03:09 PM   #8590
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
fish wrangler's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NE Illinois
Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascowboys16 View Post
Are you going to set it up in your dorm?
I'm going to do community college for 2-3 years before transfering so it's going to go in the living room. 75 on one side of the TV and the 29 on the other side.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________

__________________
3 tanks
a 29 gallon high tech planted Chasing Red, a 20 long low tech, and a 75 gallon salty adventure
fish wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.