What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wasn't able to post pics earlier, I will see if I can take a few good pics with a different cell phone with a better camera than mine lol. Otherwise I will see if I can post them on one of my albums.

I will be tearing down some of the tank to put in my new 72G, so stuff is everywhere right now, over crowded lol.

50% clean on my bettas tank, my cories have spawned again!, 40% clean on my elephant nose tank. Happy new year :)

Trimmed the plants and tricked? my flowerhorn into eating chingmix head boost by dumping it in a empty container that his usual food comes out of. He ate it right away, usually I am fetching it after a few min because he doesn't eat it. Coincidence or trick?

I scraped the mineral deposits off the back glass of my 92 gal (made the mistake of setting the tank too close to the wall which makes this a major chore), I did a 50% water change in an ongoing effort to get rid of a nematode infestation in the 92, and I bought a Fluval 106 for the 13 gal tank in my kids room in an attempt to save the last fish standing (danio). Thought about buying an LED light fixture to replace my noisy compact florescent fixture - but decided to wait as there seems to be mixed reviews on the Marineland fixture I was thinking about.

Added a peppermint shrimp to my tank. Its my first livestock :)
Next will be my first coral - hammer or torch coral
Just need to setup my ATO with Kalkwasser.

Sweet!! Just managed to pick up a piece of live rock rubble from petco with a couple green polyps they aren't opening yet, but I wasn't charged either, so yay!! Good luck, torch corals are gorgeous!

did a water change on my planted/discus tank then sat and admired my discus, i'm so in love with him!

put a softie in my Evolve 2, i think it's a zoa? they are opening up nicely.

also mounted my ro/di unit and setup my storage bucket so no more oops moments of cleaning up gallons of water that overflowed because I forgot :D

I switched out the substrate and decorations on my five gallon. Recyled my rock cave for the 29 gallon. :)

ForumRunner_20130102_110355.jpg

Before

ForumRunner_20130102_110410.jpg
After

ForumRunner_20130102_110425.jpg

The 29g. Still cycling. :)

Bought lights with my Christmas money! Marine T5 HOs for my up and coming 55 gallon reef and another t8 light for my 30 gallon so I can plant it!! Yippee! :fish1:

Edit: also scraped all of the algae out of my planted tank. I was out of town for 2 weeks and the lights were left on. :(

On my 55g, I re-homed 3 Orange Von Rio Flame tetras, 3 Long finned Black Skirt tetra's, 2 long finned Red Minor tetra's, and 1 shrimp (I re-homed them because I added a Bolivian Rams pair yesterday as my focal fishes). I worked on some of the plants.
On my 20H, I topped off the water, clipped some plants, and replanted unknown sword.
On my 5g RCS tank, I topped off the water only because I am waiting to see a cory or 2 wiggle in the next couple of days. Oh and I re-homed the hybrid looking male that I had a thread about.
I did nothing to my 40B.

Ughh.. frustrated i noticed my betta pearl was actin funny like my male betta Neo did before he died i pulled her out n put her n fresh water that had been treated n then found 1 of my otos had died :( then i worried that my levels were high or something.. my nitrates , nitrites, & ammonia are 0 i just dont get whats going on so now im doing a massive water change bc of the dead fish n decided im changin substrate to a lighter sand from the gravel bc i barely can see the otos.. Even considerin gettin a 20g .. my canister filter for the 55g might have to wait :(

Bought a 20g tank/stanf combo tonight came woth everything including gravel but i bought sand instead.. tryin to figure out what i want to add in my tank .. my betta must have been practicing for april fools bc she is all better today ..

After an issue with a bad water product and loosing 6 fish in one tank, I'm thinking of a new set up and new fish. Also, used seeded media to cycle a 5.5 for a betta. Had a disappointing trip to my local petsmart.

Cleaned both AC110's inside and out, cleaned sponges and changed out the poly floss.

Did a 25% water change.

This was all on my 75g African Cichlid tank.

image-2865518004.jpg

co2 reactor

Added a co2 reactor to my 30 long planted tank. I added one to my 40long planted a week ago, and can see a difference already. They are both DIY yeast reactors. If this proves beneficial, I will go with a pressurized system later.

I just combined fish from my 15g community and my 20g community into my 20. Had to make room for my new 56. It is a little bit overstocked now but I think I can get away with it. Was a pain in the butt to completely drain 2 tanks and transfer all the fish. Hopefully they all make it. I put them in buckets with some decorations so I don't think they got too stressed.

Been workin most of the day on my 20g tank n stand .. moved the 10g to move the 20g in its spot n our living room.. then added more water to the 10g n hooked it back up to the filters n heater until i can get the 20g completed n move the betta n 2 otos into the 20g.. cleaning the sand was a job im glad i couod skip for the 55g wish i would have bought the already cleaned sand again this time... plus did a partial cleaning to the 55g.. im not even done but man im tired..

Back
Top Bottom