Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-30-2015, 03:11 PM   #8591
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish wrangler View Post
I'm going to do community college for 2-3 years before transfering so it's going to go in the living room. 75 on one side of the TV and the 29 on the other side.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Nice man. Good luck on it. I personally would recommend something other than a planted. Ive only got 1 tank and its a 55 gallon high tech planted tank and I think if I ever get another I would have to do something different than what I already have.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:12 PM   #8592
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks.

Decided to hold off on going with a reef tank and the discus. I'm deciding between a FOWLR, a medium tech native tank, and a high tech planted. Really want the high rech tank but the FOWLR would be a nice change of pace.
Either way I go it has to be set up by June 13th for my graduation party, and here I thought I only had to get my established tank looking good...

Old 05-30-2015, 07:31 PM   #8593
Aquarium Advice Addict

Finally home.

Great news is all my fish survived and even better my big angel looks better! That fungus or whatever went away and he is acting normal. Feeding soon.

Big water changes on all 7 tanks.

Checking cycle progress on the SW nano soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 05-30-2015, 08:17 PM   #8594
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Tomorrow we're going to our favorite fish store! Hopefully we'll find a couple good platy's but yo yo loachs are our objective xD no where has them here.. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice
Old 05-31-2015, 12:41 AM   #8595
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've finally gotten my baby neon tetras to accept flake food and they are both now about half the size of my white clouds. And part of the rocks of one side of the pond fell into the three foot section of the pond under the waterfall and we still haven't been able to get them all out and fix the side. The pond is currently overflowed due to rain and the top of the water is covered in leaves and debris otherwise I would get a picture.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:59 AM   #8596
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finntastic View Post
I've finally gotten my baby neon tetras to accept flake food and they are both now about half the size of my white clouds. And part of the rocks of one side of the pond fell into the three foot section of the pond under the waterfall and we still haven't been able to get them all out and fix the side. The pond is currently overflowed due to rain and the top of the water is covered in leaves and debris otherwise I would get a picture.
Yikes! Hope your pond gets a little less water , but I can't argue with rain :P dry as a bone here.

So yesterday got back from vacation and cleaned lewis's tank. Don't know what happened but horn wort was shedding like crazy, so I got it out and spent a good our vacuuming, and now looks just fine! 45 did a 50% PWC and filled it up, but had a little spill over! But it is drying currently. Working this summer on maybe doing a 40b hardscape, so that will be fun.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 05-31-2015, 09:09 PM   #8597
Aquarium Advice Addict

I did a 85% water change on my 55g cichlid tank and redecorated it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433117285.721827.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	273036
And I did a 95% water change on my 40g and redecorated it as well.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433117335.520276.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	273037

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 06-01-2015, 12:04 AM   #8598
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
My fiance did a 50% water change, only to test the water and find ammonia... it was in the tap water at about 2 ppm thankfully all the fish seem to be surviving, and the ammonia has already dropped significantly in the tank to 1ppm over a few hours. Go, bacteria, go!

Man, it is freaking scary to have ammonia show up in the tap water, because my first fishkeeping instinct is to do a water change when ammonia appears- but what do you do if the water change is where the ammonia came from!? I feel like I've been betrayed
sinibotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:14 AM   #8599
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yesterday-I moved and rescaped my 29 gallon across the room to make room for the new 75.

Today-Got the 75 gallon in place and decided to start on going salty with it. Also thought how much a second 75, but make it high tech planted, would look where the 29 resides. Some say i mightily have mts but I say I'm helping the industry lol

Old 06-01-2015, 01:25 AM   #8600

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
2-3 times as large. Is there anything I can do? I really like the goldfish, and I'd hate to give them up, but I would like some more fish.
Prime

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com