Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 06-13-2015, 11:06 AM   #8711
member

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lawrence, Ks
Posts: 3,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
The site only allows non members to post so many pics. Use a file hosting site like imgur or photobucket to be able to post them now.


Caleb
Non-paying members that is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________

__________________
PoppaRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:17 PM   #8712
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,428
Got some angels. They're in the ten gallon qt right now.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1434244570098.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	273698  
__________________

__________________
enrgizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:20 AM   #8713
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
K69ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 21
I'm letting my 60G community recycle after adding 1/2 the stock. Waiting for the parameters to hit zero before I add the 4 neons, 5 cardinals, and 5 Rummies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
K69ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:22 AM   #8714
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by K69ace View Post
I'm letting my 60G community recycle after adding 1/2 the stock. Waiting for the parameters to hit zero before I add the 4 neons, 5 cardinals, and 5 Rummies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ammonia and nitrite should read 0 anyway... Was the tank cycled? Why add so many fish at once?


Caleb
__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:27 AM   #8715
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
TMRC Exotics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
Ammonia and nitrite should read 0 anyway... Was the tank cycled? Why add so many fish at once?


Caleb
Depends on original cycling method. If it was a fish in cycle with a few fish then it will take some time to catch up. If ammonia dosed then I agree, should handle the load just fine.
__________________
TMRC Exotics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:30 AM   #8716
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
TMRC Exotics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrgizerbunny View Post
Got some angels. They're in the ten gallon qt right now.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I would get them into whatever tank is next as soon as possible. That's a lot of fish in a 10. No way it can handle that amount of ammonia. What size tank are they going into?
__________________
TMRC Exotics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:16 AM   #8717
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
FishieKeeper429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 523
Set up 3 more breeding tanks! All of the breeding gear is set! I'm so excited for my new spawning pair to come in from Thailand next week!


46g Red tailed shark tank
10g Betta and Ember Tetras
10g Betta breeding tank
5g Female Betta Sorority
5g Male Breeder Betta
5g Crayfish
__________________
FishieKeeper429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:41 AM   #8718
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRC Exotics View Post
I would get them into whatever tank is next as soon as possible. That's a lot of fish in a 10. No way it can handle that amount of ammonia. What size tank are they going into?
55 gallon. My filter is seeded with very well established media, but thank you for the concern.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
enrgizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:10 PM   #8719
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
K69ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 21
Caleb, my 60g tank cycle is going as such. Aquascaped and added 5 zebra danios and seeded my Cascade 1000 with media from 25g and 20g tanks. It cycled to AM 0, Nitrite 0 and Nitrate under 10ppm in 4 days. Then added 12 more small fish and am allowing the AM cycle to catch up as TMRC suggested. I'm adding the remaining 15 fish when it hits zero again.
So total fully planted aquasoil 60gallon tank will include:
4 neons
5 cardinals
5 rummy nose
4 yoyo loach
1 zebra loach
5 zebra danios
2 golden white cloud
1 regular white cloud
2 cherry barbs.
So that's 39 fish under 1inch. Barely over 1/2 the load on such a heavily planted 60g tank.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
K69ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #8720
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by K69ace View Post
Caleb, my 60g tank cycle is going as such. Aquascaped and added 5 zebra danios and seeded my Cascade 1000 with media from 25g and 20g tanks. It cycled to AM 0, Nitrite 0 and Nitrate under 10ppm in 4 days. Then added 12 more small fish and am allowing the AM cycle to catch up as TMRC suggested. I'm adding the remaining 15 fish when it hits zero again.
So total fully planted aquasoil 60gallon tank will include:
4 neons
5 cardinals
5 rummy nose
4 yoyo loach
1 zebra loach
5 zebra danios
2 golden white cloud
1 regular white cloud
2 cherry barbs.
So that's 39 fish under 1inch. Barely over 1/2 the load on such a heavily planted 60g tank.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That explains it, you can use seeded media but it doesn't always make up for so many fish added at once. Slow down and you won't even have that problem. Also even your schools, neons are skittish 6+ is recommended along with 5-6+ of the rest of your schooling fish.


Caleb
__________________

__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.