Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 07-05-2015, 10:34 PM   #8911
member

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lawrence, Ks
Posts: 3,907
105gls.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________

__________________
PoppaRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:36 PM   #8912
member

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lawrence, Ks
Posts: 3,907
First i siphon the substrate abt 20gls a side. Last 60 gals or so just siphoning the stirred up water. Replace with21- 5gl jugs of primed aged water.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________

__________________
PoppaRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:37 PM   #8913
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dragon14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaRyno View Post
Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
You're welcome!
__________________
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. –Gandalf- 20g high community tank, 5g w red male betta, 10g w crowntail blue male betta & 4 Amano shrimp.
dragon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:47 PM   #8914
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaRyno View Post
First i siphon the substrate abt 20gls a side. Last 60 gals or so just siphoning the stirred up water. Replace with21- 5gl jugs of primed aged water.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm just imagining a basement stacked full of aged 5 gal buckets


Caleb
__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:51 PM   #8915
member

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lawrence, Ks
Posts: 3,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
I'm just imagining a basement stacked full of aged 5 gal buckets


Caleb
Garage. And sorta... 55 gl rain barrels, 1 for RO water, 2 for primed, aged tap, 1 for aged tap, and 1 with filtered rain water for my koi pond/ water garden. And 10- 5gl jugs filled with whatever water is in the next scheduled tank to be changed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
PoppaRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:52 PM   #8916
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
TMRC Exotics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Posts: 2,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaRyno View Post
Garage. And sorta... 55 gl rain barrels, 1 for RO water, 2 for primed, aged tap, 1 for aged tap, and 1 with filtered rain water for my koi pond/ water garden. And 10- 5gl jugs filled with whatever water is in the next scheduled tank to be changed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Good to know, I was wondering. And within 5 gals on an estimate, I'll take it lol. Nice system.
__________________
TMRC Exotics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:53 PM   #8917
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
fish wrangler's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NE Illinois
Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaRyno View Post
First i siphon the substrate abt 20gls a side. Last 60 gals or so just siphoning the stirred up water. Replace with21- 5gl jugs of primed aged water.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Have you tried using plastic garbage bins and a submersible pump? I use buckets on my 29, but use the pump and bins to refill my 75.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
3 tanks
a 29 gallon high tech planted Chasing Red, a 20 long low tech, and a 75 gallon salty adventure
fish wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:57 PM   #8918
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
fish wrangler's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NE Illinois
Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon14 View Post
awww you're so lucky!!!! I love clownfish, I want some someday.
Thanks! They are awesome little fish!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
3 tanks
a 29 gallon high tech planted Chasing Red, a 20 long low tech, and a 75 gallon salty adventure
fish wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:02 PM   #8919
member

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lawrence, Ks
Posts: 3,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish wrangler View Post
Have you tried using plastic garbage bins and a submersible pump? I use buckets on my 29, but use the pump and bins to refill my 75.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I havent. Im old school, i guess, lol. Not a bad idea though. I just use 5gl buckets then tote it around to my flowers, plants, and garden. Fish waste water is like gold with your potted plants. Lol. I did by a gadget that you atrach to your drill then a hose attaches to either side of it. Then you turn it on and whichever direction your drill is set(clockwise or counter clockwise) is which way it power siphons your water. And i mean power siphons fast and strong. Siphoning with an RPM speed, lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
PoppaRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:13 PM   #8920
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
fish wrangler's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NE Illinois
Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaRyno View Post
I havent. Im old school, i guess, lol. Not a bad idea though. I just use 5gl buckets then tote it around to my flowers, plants, and garden. Fish waste water is like gold with your potted plants. Lol. I did by a gadget that you atrach to your drill then a hose attaches to either side of it. Then you turn it on and whichever direction your drill is set(clockwise or counter clockwise) is which way it power siphons your water. And i mean power siphons fast and strong. Siphoning with an RPM speed, lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Draining I still use a regular syphon into a garbage bin, but thats because salt+garden wouldn't be good.
If you do use the bins I high reccomend getting the wheels. Moving 25 gallons of water at a time without the wheels is not easy!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________

__________________
3 tanks
a 29 gallon high tech planted Chasing Red, a 20 long low tech, and a 75 gallon salty adventure
fish wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.