Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-03-2015, 06:38 PM   #9081
Aquarium Advice Addict

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

I added breeder balls and leaf litter to my shrimp tanks. And did a huge trim on my 5.5 tangerine tiger and blue pearl tank. The plants were out of control.

I added some green pygmy buce to my 20long and added buce bucephalandra sekadau velvet to my 55

And finally so far for today I took out old purigen to re-charge and put new purigen into the 55

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 08-04-2015, 02:56 AM   #9082
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well I already have a new pair from the addition of the golden Red Cap Angel, apparently a male as the red cap koi female who's mate passed has paired up in Pair #1's egg laying spot. Now that the evil queen is gone, Silver striped female previous ruler of the tank, I kinda thought the male Koi and the other female would have paired up. But no, a new pair. They would likely have stunning babies. I am wary of the Pairs chasing everything in the tank away from their corner.

It seems the White cray has passed away. He was almost 3 years I think, but unknown for sure, and I understand their lifespan as 3-5 years. Sad. His name was Ducky - RIP. He was one of my daughters favorites. And one of the two fish/aquatic creatures to cause her to want a fish tank.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #9083
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

sorry to hear that , he was defiantly cool looking I can see why it was her favorite , I have a lobster in my saltwater tank that kind of looks like him but mines purple , could always get another , or find something even cooler

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:33 PM   #9084
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
sorry to hear that , he was defiantly cool looking I can see why it was her favorite , I have a lobster in my saltwater tank that kind of looks like him but mines purple , could always get another , or find something even cooler
Thank you. She is the one who just moved and closed down the tank because of her schedule. So he came back to me. No more for right now.

Still trying to decide between my 46G being FW or SW....

FW would put the Angel pair in a tank of their own...

Just realized our Friday Aquarium Society meeting is about Killifish and we will have some for our auction and that is a great time to bring some home at a great price!!! Can't decide and so I am wondering if, or which ones. More fun planning. Probably not getting any, but maybe!!!

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 08-04-2015, 04:43 PM   #9085
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Probably not getting any, but maybe!!!
well I guess we all know what that means

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:51 PM   #9086
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The 3 mystery snails in my 16g died, I have no idea why. The fish and other snails in the tank are fine. Decided I'm going to add kuhlis to that tank. They're my favorite fish and I currently have them in my 10g Endlers tank which is in a different room.

Moved the blue dream and tiger shrimp to the Spec 5; broke down their original tank and did a good cleaning since that will be the new home for my red rili. Their current is over run with scuds which I'm pretty sure are eating shrimplets.

Still trying to figure out what I want to add in with the furcatus and peacock gudgeons. Back and forth on ideas, lots of reading. Currently leaning towards green neon tetras. Any suggestions on something that would work with those 2 types of fish both in looks and temperament would be very much appreciated

Either later today or tomorrow I'm going to start doing something with this jungle

Old 08-05-2015, 04:39 AM   #9087
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
The 3 mystery snails in my 16g died, I have no idea why. The fish and other snails in the tank are fine. Decided I'm going to add kuhlis to that tank. They're my favorite fish and I currently have them in my 10g Endlers tank which is in a different room.

Moved the blue dream and tiger shrimp to the Spec 5; broke down their original tank and did a good cleaning since that will be the new home for my red rili. Their current is over run with scuds which I'm pretty sure are eating shrimplets.

Still trying to figure out what I want to add in with the furcatus and peacock gudgeons. Back and forth on ideas, lots of reading. Currently leaning towards green neon tetras. Any suggestions on something that would work with those 2 types of fish both in looks and temperament would be very much appreciated
I haven't had Furcatus, but I have had the Chilis and Green Neons with the Peacock Gudgeons, both worked fine, but the Neons got bigger than I wanted in there. What about CPD's? That would be a color packed tank.

The Green Neons enjoy swimming horizontally quite a bit. Mine were in a 6.6G Edge (with the Peacock Gudgeons) but they are now with the Cardinals in the 72G and do really swim all over the tank.

~~~~~~~
The new Angel pair calling them #3 who had eggs, are still guarding them and Koi angel male is sulking in the corner at not having his mate or his corner of the tank anymore. Maybe will try to find another male fish and send the female to a new home.

I just wish they weren't so Cichlid behaving- sort of I just don't have the patience right now for the behavior of charging and pecking all the other fish in the tank. And injuring others. I know she is doing her job like a true mom but the other fish in the tank aren't enjoying the tank and neither am I.

Gave a tour for the second time in 3 days of my little projects and the tanks and had a fun time doing it.

Deciding to probably change my idea for the 11.7G Mr Aqua tank I am getting Friday and think I will make it a sparse spider DW with moss and plant trees, and Move the CPD's and see if that makes them swim in the middle of the tank. Need to plant a bunch of plants in the morning and place fert caps under a whole bunch of them and more.

The deal for the extra trio of Boesemani Rainbow fish didn't pan out so I really need to get a new batch in the tank. Only one male and female (Boesemani) and he chases her too much too. So I will be checking with the members at the aquarium society for a few of more.

Now that the queen Angel is gone, the Rainbow female's side is healing up. Yay.

Also need a few more Emperor Tetras I only have 3 and haven't seen any more near me.

Community Rules

Old 08-05-2015, 09:30 AM   #9088
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Nothing yet. But I will be breaking out the scissors in a moment to clean up this mess. I will replant a few of the trimmings. Rest of them up for grabs. PM me if interested. Just so you know, I have MTS, pond snails, FW limpets, and the occasional Rams horn.
Edit: Plants include Eichornia diversifolia, Pogostemon erectus, Pogostemon quadrifolius, blyxa japonica, Rotala species 'Colorata', and Rotala macrandra.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:05 PM   #9089
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Removed these from the tank today. Repost from #1771 in FresH2O's 20g planted rescape
Blyxa Pogostemon erectus and Pogostemon quadrifolius Rotala macrandra and Rotala species 'Colorata' Eichornia diversifolia, Ludwigia species 'Red', and Bacopa caroliniana

Old 08-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #9090
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
I haven't had Furcatus, but I have had the Chilis and Green Neons with the Peacock Gudgeons, both worked fine, but the Neons got bigger than I wanted in there. What about CPD's? That would be a color packed tank.

The Green Neons enjoy swimming horizontally quite a bit. Mine were in a 6.6G Edge (with the Peacock Gudgeons) but they are now with the Cardinals in the 72G and do really swim all over the tank.
Thanks for the info! I'm still looking at options but keeping going back to the green neons. Over 10 years in the hobby and I don't think I've ever kept any sort of tetra!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com