Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-06-2015, 07:49 PM   #9091
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

well today was a sad day tore down my 37g bow front again , converting the bottom of my 90g stand into storage , looking at some cabinet doors I found on craigs list ,as I'm sick of looking at buckets hoses and a bunch of odds and end parts all over the place, found a submersible pump but need to find the propeller and cover

Old 08-06-2015, 08:59 PM   #9092
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
well today was a sad day tore down my 37g bow front again , converting the bottom of my 90g stand into storage , looking at some cabinet doors I found on craigs list ,as I'm sick of looking at buckets hoses and a bunch of odds and end parts all over the place, found a submersible pump but need to find the propeller and cover
Sorry about the bowfront.
I reused some base cabinet doors and upgraded an open front cheap tank stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 08-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #9093
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

that is exactly what I'm looking to do , my only problem is the odd size doors I need ,
17 1/2 x 32 the biggest I found so far were 15x30 but I don't want to have to down size the opening , The main reason I built it how I did was to fit 5g pails inside , I also am changing out the way all the electrical is run , I have gfi outlets in the walls but with all the power stripes they prove to be useless , I'm looking at building a box that will house 14 gfi outlets and run it to the breaker box so it can have it's own circut , also looking to put all those ugly wires into a plastic wire harness cover to clean up all the ugliness , No more getting yelled at for all the buckets and boxes of fish tank supplies that litter the living room , and now I also can put up the wet/dry vac since I no longer need it to siphon out lower tank ,
Old 08-07-2015, 12:37 PM   #9094
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
that is exactly what I'm looking to do , my only problem is the odd size doors I need, 17 1/2 x 32 the biggest I found so far were 15x30 but I don't want to have to down size the opening ,...
Would it be possible to mount a spring tension curtain rod at the top of the opening and hang curtains? Or some type of material that allows easy access to the items in the cabinet.

Old 08-07-2015, 02:32 PM   #9095
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

curtains wouldn't be a bad idea but my wife's cats would have them shredded in a week,
I may cut out 2 doors out of plywood and cover them with the same flooring I wrapped the stand with , that's if I can't find doors
Old 08-07-2015, 02:55 PM   #9096
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
curtains wouldn't be a bad idea but my wife's cats would have them shredded in a week,
I may cut out 2 doors out of plywood and cover them with the same flooring I wrapped the stand with , that's if I can't find doors
Rail and sliding doors!!! Like a barn.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:58 PM   #9097

POTM Champion

Thats a fantastic idea autumn. I just walked in from the barn and it never occured to me ti do that. Brilliance i say..... Pure brilliance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 08-07-2015, 03:10 PM   #9098
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
that is exactly what I'm looking to do , my only problem is the odd size doors I need ,
17 1/2 x 32 the biggest I found so far were 15x30 but I don't want to have to down size the opening , The main reason I built it how I did was to fit 5g pails inside , I also am changing out the way all the electrical is run , I have gfi outlets in the walls but with all the power stripes they prove to be useless , I'm looking at building a box that will house 14 gfi outlets and run it to the breaker box so it can have it's own circut , also looking to put all those ugly wires into a plastic wire harness cover to clean up all the ugliness , No more getting yelled at for all the buckets and boxes of fish tank supplies that litter the living room , and now I also can put up the wet/dry vac since I no longer need it to siphon out lower tank ,

You could make the doors with some plywood and window trim to make it look fancy

Old 08-07-2015, 03:11 PM   #9099

POTM Champion

Oooh ooooh..... Or an old window... Im diggin these ideas.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 08-07-2015, 03:27 PM   #9100
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well my girlfriend almost burned down the house. She turned on my metal halides but not my fan and left. Luckily I had to go home on my lunch break because when I walked in I got a little whiff of burning plastic. Any later and it would have probably been up in flames. So now I'm taking it apart to see what the damage is. If anyone has a significant other who's not in the hobby I suggest telling them not to touch the equipment because it will probably do more damage then good. Like in my case I'm probably going to have to get a new fixture

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com