Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-09-2015, 04:49 PM   #9111
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaRyno View Post
Did a major cleaning and trim, with a 75gl WC on the big girl today

That tank is spectacular! I really need to get Discus. Also need to get an auto water changer set up or else It will be an issue.

Filled my lily water bucket by doing quick pwc on the new 6.6G and the 12G Edge and the 15G tanks using the seasoned water.

Filled for evap in 72G and added the little betta from the bucket into a big bowl so I can see him now the bowl is cloudy and still can't see him. Maybe when I get home from work. I didn't want to acclimate him to a new water, like the planted bowl I already have on the table since I am short on time right now. That has so many plant roots I probably couldn't see him anyway, lol.

Added a bag of Christmas Moss I got last week in my trade and he's just swimming all over the place checking it out.

He is a pretty sad size and poor specimen - I am guessing he might have been some ones first fish or a save from the local box store. I will test him out for temperament and see where he might go to live. He might be happy to live in my grow out bucket and eat bugs for the rest of the summer, it might fatten him up! I have a soft spot for the sad ones. Hahaha...and I said no more Bettas!

Fed and off to work!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:54 PM   #9112
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
Very pretty!
Thanks! Colors look even nicer now that they're settled in the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

He is a pretty sad size and poor specimen - I am guessing he might have been some ones first fish or a save from the local box store. I will test him out for temperament and see where he might go to live. He might be happy to live in my grow out bucket and eat bugs for the rest of the summer, it might fatten him up! I have a soft spot for the sad ones. Hahaha...and I said no more Bettas!
I had one of those! Never ended up growing to full betta size but had him for close to 5 years!

Old 08-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #9113
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Very nice PoPPa Looking good

54seaweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:40 PM   #9114
Aquarium Advice Addict

Picked up a used 20 long for future build and a 4.5" male GT from a local guy. Or course posts are useless without pics! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439257190.156235.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	276366

Jesse
Old 08-12-2015, 05:41 AM   #9115
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Had a tank barely filtering and a few of the MTS snails were starting to crawl to the top, maybe to feed on the top, means something bad. Having a hard time not over feeding the new food it, is tiny - Golden Pearls I think. It spikes the water pretty good.

Cleaned out the filter, the sponge was mucky, water crystal clear though. I need to do a rescape on that tank, and my schedule just keeps me from doing what I know I need to! I ran out of Prime, think I have another bottle but can't find it. I used the last 10 drops in there. Rinsed out the filter sponge in a bucket of left over water I hadn't dumped out yet.

Bought some Aquasafe at the local grocery store, the lfs wasn't in my time budget - too far away, so that will work for fresh water but not any ammonia. Fed the Cories in the new tank a little glump of algae that was hanging off the edge of the filter out flow in the other tank, they bee lined right for it!

Blue Guppies are colored up nicely.

SW tank guys see well, fed the Urchin a big chunk of nori type sheet algae.

New sad little Betta has pretty color and comes right to me when I go near him. His bowl is 90% cleared up. Pwc for several tanks tomorrow especially his bowl. He has some nice aqua shiny blue color, unfortunately so scrawny.

edit: forgot to mention my SW Camel shrimp can now grab the pellets out of the water when I drop them in more than half the time!!! They are supposed to be pretty shy but they seem to be getting more bold.

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 08-12-2015, 07:43 AM   #9116
Aquarium Advice Activist

Got a new filter for the 2.5 betta tank. Azoo mignon 60litre. Found out the heater on the 10 gal. Only works part time, so, going to get a new one soon.

Had a 45 gallon drip issue with noise reduction being the cause. I had put some panty hose over the outflow of the penguin to reduce noise, but I guess it started to catch water, cause it started dripping down the back at the 2 anchor points, causing white mold (*O*) on the back curtain, so, time for a wash xD. Need to work up a more permanent way to reduce the splashes....

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 08-14-2015, 04:26 AM   #9117
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

My SW 5G nano tank was blessed with baby Camel shrimp, not sure what to do with them but it was pretty exciting to see such a thing, they are so, so tiny I am pretty sure I can't even get a pic! Will try, but have to get up early and just got home a little bit ago.

I was just going to brag on the parents that they have become even more accurate at catching the pellets I put in when I saw some new baby snails and was pretty excited when I got out the magnifying glass I thought at first there were tons of bubbles swirling around and come to find out they are newborn Shrimp!!!

New snails and new shrimp. There are no fish but are a couple Hermits which might eat them... Don't know much about this in SW. Some people have said might live and others no.

Community Rules

Old 08-14-2015, 11:21 AM   #9118
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
My SW 5G nano tank was blessed with baby Camel shrimp, not sure what to do with them but it was pretty exciting to see such a thing, they are so, so tiny I am pretty sure I can't even get a pic! Will try, but have to get up early and just got home a little bit ago.

I was just going to brag on the parents that they have become even more accurate at catching the pellets I put in when I saw some new baby snails and was pretty excited when I got out the magnifying glass I thought at first there were tons of bubbles swirling around and come to find out they are newborn Shrimp!!!

New snails and new shrimp. There are no fish but are a couple Hermits which might eat them... Don't know much about this in SW. Some people have said might live and others no.

That's awesome. Are they like baby brine shrimp size? If so I would suggest trying to suck them up and put them in a tank with just an air stone so the don't get caught in the filters.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 08-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #9119
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

That's cool! I would take out the hermits and put a sponge over the filter in take so you can raise them! It's awesome that you got them to breed, I'm guessing this is an indicator for a healthy tank!
(GBR pair, 3 amano shrimp and a whole bunch of snails!)
Nils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:11 PM   #9120
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Wow, very cool.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com