Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-21-2015, 03:16 AM   #9131

Enjoyed it!

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 08-21-2015, 02:22 PM   #9132
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil83 View Post
Enjoyed it!

My favorite part!

Last night was WC night, I've been doing some back to back changes lately so I'm doing a few more today.
Example at the end of the week since changes I'll do one 40-50% change (depends on tank size and stock level) then the very next day follow up with another 25-50% change. My nitrates are staying lower than ever.

Old 08-21-2015, 03:24 PM   #9133

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRC Exotics View Post
My favorite part!

Last night was WC night, I've been doing some back to back changes lately so I'm doing a few more today.
Example at the end of the week since changes I'll do one 40-50% change (depends on tank size and stock level) then the very next day follow up with another 25-50% change. My nitrates are staying lower than ever.
That's a good way to do it! For me I don't have the time to do that much weekly but I feel I should.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:02 PM   #9134
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

As long as it is getting changed!!!

I did a 80% pwc on the tank with the 2 Angels. I am gonna add a air bubbler too, They have clean water but seem stressed. I am gonna also look for any other dead snails. They have the cleanest water in the house. Pwc on the Guppy tank pair and the 12G again today then off to work.

SW -I did still see a few, so very tiny, possibly larval shrimp from the big planktonic swarm of babies. There are pods too and little tiny things, maybe also pods - like the size of a cell, lol, at least for my eyes and a magnifying glass to see it. Anyway I did see the shapes of a shrimp - larger chest and thinner looking tail, so I think I have a few of those still alive and maybe some are crawling around the rock too but I can't see them.

Last night picked out a hand full of Cladophora algae I was letting grow in the little 6.6G shrimp tank and it made a bridge spanning from one rock to some plants and they liked it and I thought it looked cool. Well it broke off and wasn't a bridge anymore and there was a glob in another plant plus a couple spots I hadn't picked out for a couple months so I got that all cleaned up. Then saw a little jump in the substrate area and got out the ole magnifying glass again and counted at least 10 tiny but not newborn shrimp brown ones. So obviously the 2 shrimp I had left are a male and female!!!

Was about to switch up that tank inhabitants to something else with a clean out and rescape, but since the troubles I am having with the other tank I tore up... I want to leave well enough alone for now and decided to get 6-12 Boraras Brigittae aka Chilis instead, probably next month, I will likely need to order them as lfs can't seem to get it right and end up with a different micro Rasbora like the Phoenix. The other one wants $8.99 EACH!!!

Oh and the Rainbows were doing a spawn and I plan to see if I can make them a mop.

I joined the Killi Club of America and don't have any Killi atm, so probably getting something Killi wise soon our Colorado Club has amazing Kili breeders. I have been wanting the Fundulopanchax gardneri Innidere not very commonly found http://medias.photodeck.com/147293ed...dere_large.jpg

and I will likely try the Blue Gularis again as we have the best breeder in the area.

So the new direction will be a couple Killi and more Rainbow Fish. Then eventually maybe 92G bowfront for Discus with the auto water changer (depending on finding the tank for a reasonable price otherwise twin 72G)!!!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:16 PM   #9135
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is a gorgeous killi. +1 on that idea
Old 08-21-2015, 05:54 PM   #9136
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finntastic View Post
And I also ordered a new light bulb for my planted and it came in completely shattered. Here are my planted 40g and my new betta
Love the colors of your betta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Was about to switch up that tank inhabitants to something else with a clean out and rescape, but since the troubles I am having with the other tank I tore up... I want to leave well enough alone for now and decided to get 6-12 Boraras Brigittae aka Chilis instead, probably next month, I will likely need to order them as lfs can't seem to get it right and end up with a different micro Rasbora like the Phoenix. The other one wants $8.99 EACH!!!

Oh and the Rainbows were doing a spawn and I plan to see if I can make them a mop.

I joined the Killi Club of America and don't have any Killi atm, so probably getting something Killi wise soon our Colorado Club has amazing Kili breeders. I have been wanting the Fundulopanchax gardneri Inniderenot very commonly found http://medias.photodeck.com/147293ed...dere_large.jpg

and I will likely try the Blue Gularis again as we have the best breeder in the area.

So the new direction will be a couple Killi and more Rainbow Fish. Then eventually maybe 92G bowfront for Discus with the auto water changer (depending on finding the tank for a reasonable price otherwise twin 72G)!!!
Crazy expensive for those chilis! I paid $12.50 for 10 pygmy spotted rasboras (maculatus)...of course shipping costs as well but I was also getting other fish

I've kept a few types of killies, found gardneri to have a lot of personality!
Old 08-22-2015, 09:48 AM   #9137
Aquarium Advice Activist

Did some work since last on :P and finally starting a tank thread to maybe regular post stuff xD

10g dual betta: 50 PWC and rescaped dexters side. Got a sweet 24/7 light from Caleb +1. And added 4 snails.

2.5 betta: did rescaped and got an azoo mignon for frank since he doesn't like sponge filters.... added some media from the 10 to auto cycle. Pictures to come.

45 gallon: 60 PWC and did a small rescape. Sent the female GBR to the 75 to hopefully get a pair going.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 08-22-2015, 11:41 AM   #9138
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRC Exotics View Post
That is a gorgeous killi. +1 on that idea
Yes, that pic is from Sumer a wonderful member of the Aquarium Society here and a talented hobby photographer, from when he went and toured the CAS VP's fish room. (He also has had some things, pics and articles published)

So I can get one of those amazing looking fish sometime in the near future.

I mistakenly thought this was a Blue Gularis, and got a couple of those, but I think they could have had a parasite (from the fish auction) They were when there were many things going on at home with family and couldn't focus on them. And lost them. All other fish were just fine, that's why I think that.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:32 PM   #9139
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Trimmed the tank and got some new plants from Tiger Terror. Removed the Eichornia diversifolia and Blyxa japonica. Added Blyxa alternifolia, downoi, Lobelia cardinalis, red myrio, and Fissdens fontanus (from my shrimp tank). Before: After: More details on my thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 08-22-2015, 06:06 PM   #9140
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

added a few new corals and a few new fish

New carpet nem and Red Coris Wrasse

New Trigger he is about the size of my pinkey finger nail

New button coral

I also got a few more corals they're not open yet

54seaweed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com