Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-24-2015, 03:40 AM   #9141
Aquarium Advice Addict

Toying around with hard scapes..Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440398431.396750.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	276961

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 08-24-2015, 04:41 AM   #9142

Going shopping tomorrow for new decor and backround, it's always exciting doing these things

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1440401963976.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	276962  

Old 08-24-2015, 03:10 PM   #9143
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Buried the Koi Angel male yesterday. He was one of my top 3 favorite fish. He had a sweet personality and I will miss seeing his huge presence and gorgeous color in the tank. It is just not the same right now.

Moving on.

Moved the smaller Angel to the 72G from the temporary bucket.

Pwc on 15G Column shrimp tank took out a dozen MTS because my Assassin snail had eaten all his.

Cleaned out the 3G Betta including the snail poop in the sand and added in the dozen MTS for him to snack on. There were probably 30+ MTS shells in there I finally took out, it was lookin junky.

I loath the AquaFarm tank but still haven't been able to connect schedules to pick up the 2 new Chi tanks my daughter's friend has waiting for me. Maybe next week.

Trying out the Betta in the tank with the Guppy pair and baby Melini Cories. Added some additional plants for cover. Female Gup looks like she is going to have a heart attack from the stress of the Betta even though he hasn't done anything yet other than really check them out.

So might just move him back, he is so beautiful and the AF tank is so dingy to see through I can't appreciate him at all and he is so interactive with me I hate not seeing him well. And he looks stunning in the Edge 6.6G tank. Darn pics keep loading sideways even though I take them straight up and down and can see them like they are supposed to be..apologies, I don't have time to fix it now. He has more yellow in the folds of his anal fin too.

Pwc on the Betta 2G bowl too and the other 6.6G Edge and 50%pwc on the 12G Edge and am gonna try running some carbon and clean the filter out gently too. That tank not being crystal clear is driving me crazy. It is usually got tannins but clear.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #9144
Aquarium Advice Activist

Diy co2 kit is on its way! Finally going to the high tech planted side :P

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 08-24-2015, 10:46 PM   #9145
Aquarium Advice Addict

Installed an internal filter into my 60 for increased surface agitation. Moved some corals round in the 20

Old 08-24-2015, 10:56 PM   #9146
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did a TON of research on the red eyed red tailed puffer, trying to get my hands on 1 or 2 for the 16 once the GBR is moved out. He's sick right now pretty bad and I don't think he can hold on for much longer. Anyone have any info about these puffers? I'd really appreciate any kind of info!
(GBR pair, 3 amano shrimp and a whole bunch of snails!)
Nils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:46 AM   #9147
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Buried the Koi Angel male yesterday. He was one of my top 3 favorite fish. He had a sweet personality and I will miss seeing his huge presence and gorgeous color in the tank. It is just not the same right now.

Moving on.

Moved the smaller Angel to the 72G from the temporary bucket.

Pwc on 15G Column shrimp tank took out a dozen MTS because my Assassin snail had eaten all his.

Cleaned out the 3G Betta including the snail poop in the sand and added in the dozen MTS for him to snack on. There were probably 30+ MTS shells in there I finally took out, it was lookin junky.

I loath the AquaFarm tank but still haven't been able to connect schedules to pick up the 2 new Chi tanks my daughter's friend has waiting for me. Maybe next week.

Trying out the Betta in the tank with the Guppy pair and baby Melini Cories. Added some additional plants for cover. Female Gup looks like she is going to have a heart attack from the stress of the Betta even though he hasn't done anything yet other than really check them out.

So might just move him back, he is so beautiful and the AF tank is so dingy to see through I can't appreciate him at all and he is so interactive with me I hate not seeing him well. And he looks stunning in the Edge 6.6G tank. Darn pics keep loading sideways even though I take them straight up and down and can see them like they are supposed to be..apologies, I don't have time to fix it now. He has more yellow in the folds of his anal fin too.

Pwc on the Betta 2G bowl too and the other 6.6G Edge and 50%pwc on the 12G Edge and am gonna try running some carbon and clean the filter out gently too. That tank not being crystal clear is driving me crazy. It is usually got tannins but clear.
Sorry to hear about your koi angel autumn it's never easy losing fish especially one's we get attached to.
Oh and beautiful betta! I'm actually looking for one as well.
Lesley

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:13 PM   #9148
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tried to photograph my fish...

Old 08-26-2015, 12:06 PM   #9149
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Think my canister filter for my 75 came in today. Have some things to get done before I open it though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 08-26-2015, 03:05 PM   #9150
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Sorry to hear about your koi angel autumn it's never easy losing fish especially one's we get attached to.
Oh and beautiful betta! I'm actually looking for one as well.
Lesley

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.
Thank you. This week I am very frustrated with my tanks and my time to which I feel it will be good to condense some things/eliminate some things.

My Urchin looks like he is on his way out too. Sad and depressing. Tbh I am having a moment here in fish land. It will pass and we will have a better day soon.

The 12G Bolbitis is damaged and some leaves are greyish. So I guess they will get a trim. My Oto in that tank is getting fat I think from the extra algae. (hopefully that is all it is) He is active and swimming more and out in the open more too since I took out a bunch of extra plants. As are the CPD's. I am considering moving them into a tank with just some Vals in the back so they are out more and I can see them.

Also still deciding about what to do with the SW tank. The pair of Saddleback Clowns are looking quite beautiful now that they are maturing and gaining some of the russet maroon color. They love to hide in the rocks though so don't always see them.

Lots of decisions to be made on the tanks and stocking changes. I still have a black 46G bowfront sitting on my patio, unused (and the stand sitting in the side of my LR). Gotta move the 35G SW tank to put it in that spot.

Oh, how I wish I had a week to just take care of the fish tank shuffle.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com