Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-26-2015, 04:35 PM   #9151
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Woke up this morning to almost having a stroke , My carpet nem decided it was going to roam and got stuck in the intake , I wound up cutting up the strainer and tub of the intake to remove the nem, strange part is it don't seem to show any ill effects after being stuck and sucked in the intake , It's going to cost somewhere between 20 and 25 bucks to fix ,my biggest issue is these parts can't be found local , due to the odd shaped tubing I'm looking at like a week ,

I have 2 small chunks that came from the nem wonder if I keep them in the sump if they'll grow,

he shows no sign of being upset after it's long battle with the intake and me cutting apart the intake to remove him ,

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:38 PM   #9152
Aquarium Advice Activist

Did some planting today!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1440628678999.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	277072  

Old 08-26-2015, 10:58 PM   #9153
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
Woke up this morning to almost having a stroke , My carpet nem decided it was going to roam and got stuck in the intake , I wound up cutting up the strainer and tub of the intake to remove the nem...
That's too bad about the nem and your wallet. Is there a way to put a "cage" around the intake? Something to prevent it from coming in contact with the actually slotted section of the intake. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 08-27-2015, 04:08 AM   #9154
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Woke up this morning to almost having a stroke , My carpet nem decided it was going to roam and got stuck in the intake , I wound up cutting up the strainer and tub of the intake to remove the nem, strange part is it don't seem to show any ill effects after being stuck and sucked in the intake , It's going to cost somewhere between 20 and 25 bucks to fix ,my biggest issue is these parts can't be found local , due to the odd shaped tubing I'm looking at like a week ,

I have 2 small chunks that came from the nem wonder if I keep them in the sump if they'll grow,

he shows no sign of being upset after it's long battle with the intake and me cutting apart the intake to remove him ,
Wow - that sounds like the kind of excitement one can do without! Hope you get 2 more out of the experience. He seems cheery enough in the pic. That seems like a really dramatic way to frag something Seaweed...

My Guppy has a split tail today after I got home from work, so the Betta must go back to his previous domain. I am guessing it would be his fault, though Gups tail could have got caught in the filter intake...but I doubt it.

Picked up a new 50/50 light bulb for the little 5G SW tank the other one has about 1/4 inch of salt spray stuck / "cemented" on to it. Probably not too useful.

Picked up a couple more Fluval Edge sponge prefilters for the Edge tanks, and they were clearanced for less than half price. And I needed them anyway.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:29 AM   #9155
Elephant nose Finatic!

Big clean on my elephant nose tank.
Rehomed my ABN too my friend, couldn't leave her in with my shrimp any longer, sad to see her go
Lost my 3yrs old vampire shrimp due to his molt, left with young one's now.
So a pretty rubbish week!
Lesley

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:41 PM   #9156
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Wow - that sounds like the kind of excitement one can do without! Hope you get 2 more out of the experience. He seems cheery enough in the pic. That seems like a really dramatic way to frag something Seaweed...

My Guppy has a split tail today after I got home from work, so the Betta must go back to his previous domain. I am guessing it would be his fault, though Gups tail could have got caught in the filter intake...but I doubt it.

Picked up a new 50/50 light bulb for the little 5G SW tank the other one has about 1/4 inch of salt spray stuck / "cemented" on to it. Probably not too useful.

Picked up a couple more Fluval Edge sponge prefilters for the Edge tanks, and they were clearanced for less than half price. And I needed them anyway.

now if you saw me frag mushrooms that's dramatic , I still hear BZZZ when ever I look at them
I'm becoming baffled I filled my 40g with water yesterday and it seems its down about 3 gal again , don't see no leaks checked floor for puddles nothing , evaporation yes that's normal my 90g don't loose that much in evaporation maybe 1/2g per day I'm just confused with the 40g 3g per day seems a bit much , never had this kind of evap when it was freshwater

Old 08-27-2015, 07:41 PM   #9157
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
I'm becoming baffled I filled my 40g with water yesterday and it seems its down about 3 gal again , don't see no leaks checked floor for puddles nothing , evaporation yes that's normal my 90g don't loose that much in evaporation maybe 1/2g per day I'm just confused with the 40g 3g per day seems a bit much , never had this kind of evap when it was freshwater
You have got some thirsty fish!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 08-27-2015, 07:55 PM   #9158
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Big clean on my elephant nose tank.
Rehomed my ABN too my friend, couldn't leave her in with my shrimp any longer, sad to see her go
Lost my 3yrs old vampire shrimp due to his molt, left with young one's now.
So a pretty rubbish week!
Lesley

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.
Ah dang, was hoping for the best. So sorry. Maybe he was getting old? I don't know how long they live.

My heart goes out to you - Oh how I understand the sadness and frustration.

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 08-27-2015, 08:15 PM   #9159
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish wrangler View Post
You have got some thirsty fish!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
must be

something about this 40 I think it's posest , more strange things happen in or around that tank

Old 08-28-2015, 03:48 AM   #9160
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well, latest in the mess I am dealing with is started a pwc on the 12G then found a dead fish which was then 2 dead fish, then another as I am doing the pwc at the time I am freaking out! So I up the speed on the pwc and dose some prime and then get the DW out. I was trimming it of greying Bolbitus leaves when that happened with the fish popping up dead.

I got out all the fish and put them into an emergency 5G bucket with the plants and DW.

Cleaned the filter. Think stirring up all the muck in the substrate pushed them over the edge.

I ended up saving about a dozen CPD's there were 3 that died. I don't know if they are all gonna make it because a few were listing in the water as I netted them.

The 6 Cories seemed unphased, and the Glass Cats seemed happy to get out.

So I cleaned out the tank and removed all the substrate, went to the store and got more Eco Complete and I am starting over again. All the MTS are out (atm). Reset the filter and the heater and am waiting for the water to clear. The Eco used to have a water clarity packet but it didn't have any today.

Those snails are poop machines.

Don't see any dead fish floating in my bucket.

90% pwc on Betta bowl with Betta,

100% wc on the 3G AquaFarm

I think my head is sore from banging it against the wall...(kidding, I didn't really bang it against the wall but I have a big headache)

Now I am faced with a decision about what to do with the stocking a little sooner than I was expecting to.

Community Rules

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com