Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-05-2015, 02:59 AM   #9181
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwsharksfan View Post
Might be off topic - but I fed my fish frozen mysis last night and forgot to put the food back in the freezer. Can I refreeze it or should it be tossed?

Less exciting(if that's possible), I did a 50% water change on my 92 gal Oscar tank and rearranged the driftwood. Also picked green hair algae out of my sw tank.
It would have been degrading and I would toss it. So sad though. If it smells like rot or ammonia I would for sure toss - if not the frugal side of me might feed one more dose to them. If it sat in the water (in theory, in the tank after feeding) they might still be eating it today so depending on how warm the house was... Smell test it...

Dumped a bucket of mucky water and moved my water lily(s) to a de-rimmed 6.6G Edge tank in the garden! I have to top off my water fountain almost every day and figured it wouldn't be any more effort. It looks cool. And I wasn't using the tank for anything but catching leaves in the corner of the too much stuff pile... I plan to plant it, it is readjusting to its new home and growing a bunch of babies. One part rotted off and it started growing new roots, most of the big old roots turned to mush/ died. Still miss my pond, might just hook it up again. It was just a preformed pond. Hmmmmm.....

Dumped a bucket of plants into another bucket for the plants to grow more outside. Saw about 20 little withered flowers on the Elodea and present flowers from the plants in the bucket! How awesome?

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:00 PM   #9182
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

80% water change as my nem took a ride and died cleaning out outlet tub was a nasty job , there are chunks everywhere , I thought he finally settled so I turned on the powerheads , wake up today to a gray tinted tank , slowly clearing I made up my mind no more nems they do so well then decide to commit suicide ,
I'm going back to macro"s

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:44 PM   #9183
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
80% water change as my nem took a ride and died cleaning out outlet tub was a nasty job , there are chunks everywhere , I thought he finally settled so I turned on the powerheads , wake up today to a gray tinted tank , slowly clearing I made up my mind no more nems they do so well then decide to commit suicide ,
I'm going back to macro"s
Sorry to hear about that man. Maybe they just don't like the extra flow when the powerhead gets turned back on

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 09-05-2015, 06:27 PM   #9184
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Went to a local fish club meeting. Walked out with some frozen BBS, blood worms, and daphnia. Tried the latter and the good tetras liked it. CPDs and embers were not impressed. Tried some NLS flakes. None of the fish liked them. One of the Amanos was dragging a large flake around but later dropped it like a dirty blanket. However, I did see an Oto perched over it.
The speaker at the meeting described a recent fish collecting trip in Peru. After that a small auction took place.
Assassin snails 10 per bag sold for $22-24. Crazy. Folks got 12 RCS $9. Unknown wild caught tetras sold for $2-3. Folks were bidding on plant trimmings. I think I might hold off trimming after this weekend and sell my stuff at the big fall auction next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 09-05-2015, 08:41 PM   #9185
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

He was a sweet looking nem too was about 16 inches fully inflated
never can win , the poor thing looked like a nem smoothie yup gross,

he is going to be missed

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:16 PM   #9186
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Very cool nem!

I made a quick Michaels run today for shells. Decided my hermits needed some new homes. Thought I saw some agression so decided to finally get them some shells

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 09-06-2015, 02:50 AM   #9187
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Too busy to do much. Moved around some spare filters and equipment put some things away. Added water to the plant buckets and tank and fountains.

Talked to my friend who just got some little young Shellies! They are so little right now. I am interested in learning more. A member of the local aquarium society bred them! They are cute.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:38 AM   #9188
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
Went to a local fish club meeting. Walked out with some frozen BBS, blood worms, and daphnia. Tried the latter and the good tetras liked it. CPDs and embers were not impressed. Tried some NLS flakes. None of the fish liked them. One of the Amanos was dragging a large flake around but later dropped it like a dirty blanket. However, I did see an Oto perched over it.
The speaker at the meeting described a recent fish collecting trip in Peru. After that a small auction took place.
Assassin snails 10 per bag sold for $22-24. Crazy. Folks got 12 RCS $9. Unknown wild caught tetras sold for $2-3. Folks were bidding on plant trimmings. I think I might hold off trimming after this weekend and sell my stuff at the big fall auction next month.

I did that last auction here for plant trimmings. And snails for some unknown reason

The AGM was done in 5 minutes and then the auction was 2 or 3 hours so in the end I thought might as well. That was first one I had been to and I did wonder if some stuff just rotates around between members...
Old 09-06-2015, 11:03 AM   #9189
Aquarium Advice Addict

Man, I really need to join a fish club. I have a feeling that I'm missing out
Yesterday added a BN pleco to the 16, replanted some blyxa that came loose in the 5.5 and overall just the normal tank stuff. Planted the blyxa a little too deep, now that half of the tank looks empty. Probably going to pull it and replant again.
Trying to train one of the puffs onto frozen food, he's pretty skinny right now and I'm not happy with him at all. I'm giving up with frozen though and picking up some black worms next chance I get. Other than that everything is doing great
(GBR pair, 3 amano shrimp and a whole bunch of snails!)
Nils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:15 AM   #9190
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nils View Post
Man, I really need to join a fish club. I have a feeling that I'm missing out
...)

If you can locate one in your area, it may prove to be a great resource. Save on shipping costs, meet folks face to face, video presentations from notable breeders, collectors, and experts in the field, discounts on group buys, door prizes, raffles, great grabs from auctions. Great way to find folks in your area that have similar interests. Folks in the group I'm in are also involved in local cichlid and plant groups as well. Plus, folks call you by name, not internet name.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com