Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-29-2015, 04:30 AM   #9331
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Treats are awesome!

Bad news here, lost another fish to Ich, my favorite male of the Turquoise Rainbows. Upping the temp 2 more Degrees tonight, its only 83F. Have the extra air pump running and need to take down the water level too, to increase O2. Sad. Though a couple fish don't look at all affected, no spots, hoping its going away.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:33 AM   #9332
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Treats are awesome!

Bad news here, lost another fish to Ich, my favorite male of the Turquoise Rainbows. Upping the temp 2 more Degrees tonight, its only 83F. Have the extra air pump running and need to take down the water level too, to increase O2. Sad. Though a couple fish don't look at all affected, no spots, hoping its going away.
Sorry to hear that, Autumn. Hopefully you can kill off the ich before it gets anymore fish

(GBR pair, 3 amano shrimp and a whole bunch of snails!)
Nils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:48 AM   #9333
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have to figure out the logistics of moving all of my aquariums 1.5 hours away when my car can't fit them in it..
Old 10-29-2015, 11:53 AM   #9334

POTM Champion

Uhaul brother. Possibly Makes it 1 trip. Food for thought as i did this 2yrs ago.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 10-29-2015, 03:40 PM   #9335
Aquarium Advice Newbie

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

I'm gonna clean the filter of my 30 gallon today in some tank water, then I'll do a partial water change this weekend. My tank has some algae eaters in it, a male and female swordtail aswell as a small rainbow shark that I am going to move to a larger, seperate tank. Gotta love that satisfying feeling when all the muck from your substrate is sucked up into the gravel siphon!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice
Old 10-29-2015, 04:04 PM   #9336
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaRyno View Post
Uhaul brother. Possibly Makes it 1 trip. Food for thought as i did this 2yrs ago.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Yeah, but I need to have water mixed and ready for my salt water tank. It's gotta mix for a day. That and I gotta figure out what to do about substrate because it will nuke the tank if I pull my current substrate out and reuse it.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:32 PM   #9337
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Yeah, but I need to have water mixed and ready for my salt water tank. It's gotta mix for a day. That and I gotta figure out what to do about substrate because it will nuke the tank if I pull my current substrate out and reuse it.
Can't you use mix it at the old house and then use a car battery powered pump to mix it on the way over to the new house? I bought one at Bass Pro Shops for filtering my minnow bin a few years ago.
How much substrate do you have right now? Is it possible to put the tank on a piece of 3/4" plywood to carry it to the vehicle and then to the new location?
Have you looked for any lfs that might be able to help you move? When my dad moved his reef years ago the lfs he went to helped him with it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 10-29-2015, 05:15 PM   #9338
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish wrangler View Post
Can't you use mix it at the old house and then use a car battery powered pump to mix it on the way over to the new house? I bought one at Bass Pro Shops for filtering my minnow bin a few years ago.
How much substrate do you have right now? Is it possible to put the tank on a piece of 3/4" plywood to carry it to the vehicle and then to the new location?
Have you looked for any lfs that might be able to help you move? When my dad moved his reef years ago the lfs he went to helped him with it.

It's a 90g tank with 80 lbs of substrate. It's too risky to try and move it full of the substrate. The LFS idea is a good one though. I know the guy that runs the small salty LFS held a person's fish for a couple months. So that's a possibility.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:35 PM   #9339
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
It's a 90g tank with 80 lbs of substrate. It's too risky to try and move it full of the substrate. The LFS idea is a good one though. I know the guy that runs the small salty LFS held a person's fish for a couple months. So that's a possibility.
Hope it works out for you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked in my 29 gallon and found my amano shrimp dead. I treated with hydrogen peroxide yesterday, but I didn't think I got to close to him. I'm going to be replacing him tomorrow, one part of my anti-algae crew that I don't want to go without.

Also added a 4" clay plate for my rams to spawn on
Old 10-29-2015, 06:30 PM   #9340
Aquarium Advice Regular

POTM Champion

Called my LFS to inquire about adding baffles to my 20g long, so it'll be a proper sump.

Saw that tomorrow's paycheck is roughly $400 more than anticipated; so gonna make arrangements with LFS to bring 80lbs Hawai'ian Black plus 80g saltwater to get the cycle going. Had hoped to have it all running by the end of the month, so gonna miss my deadline by about a week. C'est la vie...

Discussed with my wife the need for better lighting, two heaters, and a decent skimmer; none of those are immediate needs but still must be addressed.

Christmas is on the horizon...wonder what Santa's gonna bring me; I think I've been a good boy this year...

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com