Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-02-2015, 04:50 AM   #9351
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Wow, have we all been busy lately!

Fed and put away a bunch of excess items foods, containers and lights, I have been piling around all the tanks. Still need to figure out which adapter plugs goes with which light - 4 options. Found a remote for the 36" Current USA light that I wasn't able to locate recently. That should help it to turn on now!

Still need to find and build /make a "crash cart" for the necessary fish activities & stuff

Tomorrow will need to move my little SW Goby and hermits and snails from the old SW tank and clean it out and remove it from the room, as other things occupied me today. Still making progress, though it seems less quickly as hoped.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:10 AM   #9352
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Got up early (11am vs 130pm), hit Tropical Treasures to show fiancée the eel I'd keep in his SW (just a matter of time), went to Seascapes and bought 2 galaxy rasboras and 4 ember tetra. While I was at work, the mystery snail dug up my dwarf lily. I came home to find it buried to the stems by Mr. Trying to help @_@ Rescued it and checked chems 0,0, um... What's a slight tinge? .01? Heh. Got some hungry plants, that's all I know. Found new 20L and another 5g in the living room and got all excited! But no, I don't get to do my scape. Ol boy is gearing up for his SW. I'm getting his current FW 5g, twin to mine. :| What a pooper. He could've said, before I got home and did a little squeaky happy dance at seeing the new tanks.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:00 PM   #9353
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Shopping day!

Placed an order with Han for cholla, IAL, alder cones, and some floating plants.

Found 10 S-SS grade CRS on eBay for just over $40 including shipping! They should be here at the end of the week. Both excited and nervous
Old 11-02-2015, 09:05 PM   #9354
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am spending my first night at my apartment... all i can think is that without my fish tanks its far too quiet.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:52 AM   #9355
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
Shopping day!

Placed an order with Han for cholla, IAL, alder cones, and some floating plants.

Found 10 S-SS grade CRS on eBay for just over $40 including shipping! They should be here at the end of the week. Both excited and nervous
Let me know how the CRS end up.

Oh also lost another Rainbow. It was the big friendly one which was really covered with Ich.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 04:13 AM   #9356
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
I am spending my first night at my apartment... all i can think is that without my fish tanks its far too quiet.

Ch ch ch ch

ha ha ha ha

Yay for new place! I'm not a fan either. I usually have an audiobook playing for the company.

Wish I could get good pictures of these fish. They're so curious! The Belkin surge/12 outlet strip came in, so I swapped everything off the inline strip real quick. Transferred the bag of Fluval Plant and Shrimp to a zippered bag and got a good couple of handfuls rinsed and put in. I was prepared for the water to be fairly cloudy, but no, not so much. iPhone cameras... :| I'll borrow a G4 one of these days.

Put in an order at Swiss Tropicals for an HMF corner kit, Lifegard Quiet One Pro 400 pump and Lifegard 100 watt heater. Figure I'll give it a go. Mister picked up a 40 breeder instead of a 55. At this point, I just want to get it set up and cycling.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446537830.334253.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	280100  
Old 11-03-2015, 08:37 PM   #9357
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

all I did today was top off the tanks , was a lazy day

54seaweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:03 AM   #9358
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Acclimating some female CPDs. The two I have colored up and I realized I have two males which won't quite work for breeding. Tested ammonia, still 0 despite technically being overstocked. I hope I really did overkill on the cycling and have a beast bio colony.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 11-04-2015, 05:36 AM   #9359
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Went to an aquarium society auction last night. And despite good intentions of not getting anything, was settling fish into tanks at midnight

Sloooow day today!

Got a good size 4 or 5 inch bumblebee catfish. Solid fish, splashed around in bag all the way home. Hoping it comes out tonight so I can see him better.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:04 PM   #9360
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My wrasse is playing his mean tricm again! This time he started loosing color, but then 'coughed' up a mysis shrimp and was fine

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com