Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2015, 10:48 PM   #9371
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Order from Han arrived today so I did some work with those plants:

Currently watching the activity in the Spec shrimp tank, love having this one on my desk:

Old 11-06-2015, 05:41 AM   #9372
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post
Order from Han arrived today so I did some work with those plants:

Currently watching the activity in the Spec shrimp tank, love having this one on my desk:

Looking nice. I like the CRS. Overall good color for the price I think. Was shipping extra?

JimB still looking good!

Well spent an hour replanting and planting a bunch of plants in the 72G, found a couple clumps of hair algae in the floating plants towards the back. Need to lay off full blast light in that tank and go back to daylight/sunshine on the Current USA Planted + / plus. I forgot to turn it off a couple times, and have the stock light running on it too, also need to set the timers up on all the tanks. Noticed the substrate needs a good cleaning too. Probably time to clean out the FX-5 again as well.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:03 AM   #9373
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Looking nice. I like the CRS. Overall good color for the price I think. Was shipping extra?
$42.65 including shipping for 12 shrimp. Very happy with them, no complaints
Old 11-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #9374
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Yesterday was a busy day with trips to two LFS for different kinds of snails (zebra nerite and trumpet), my order came in from Aquatic Arts (zebra thorn nerite snails, tank-raised otocinclus, misc), and a doctor's appointment (my blood pressure is down, yay!)
Got everyone acclimated and in their respective homes, half the hornwort order is in my tank, the other half in the tank I set up to grow moss in (cold water, little flow, 6500k light). Levels yesterday were 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and the barest tinge for nitrate. Measured today because of all the upheaval in that poor tank yesterday and still 0 ammonia, though now there's a tinge in nitrites. Might call it .25.. maybe? I'll check again later today and see about a 25% based on that.
Tried to get a shot that included as many inhabitants as possible Play where's Waldo if you like, but I didn't put him in there.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:17 PM   #9375
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Went to Aquatic Experience today. Met a bunch of great knowledgeable people there who helped me with some saltwater questions. Got a red sea calcium test and a filter sock for my 75 gallon. While I was in the area I went to Aquarium Adventure looking for some CPDs, and walked out with 2 amano shrimp and 6 cherry shrimp (3 male 3 female). I was planning on putting the cherry shrimp in the 20L, but decided to put them into the 29.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 11-08-2015, 04:36 AM   #9376
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Have a sick fish in the other QT, It has been the strange behaving one since the beginning. I am hating all these illnesses and death but Oh so glad they are in the QT and not my normal tank. It will likely need to be put down tomorrow.

Spent a little time reviewing fish diseases again.

I have one more Rainbow (Dwarf Blue) that seems to be under the weather in the 46G QT. I have my fingers crossed its got a cold and will be better soon and nothing fatal.

Looks like I will be picking up my brand spanking new 12G Edge Tank this week! Working out a bit of a trade exchange for part of it, and very excited. Will be getting new substrate too but haven't decided exactly what yet, also didn't decide stocking - still thinking that over. Yipee!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:18 PM   #9377
Aquarium Advice Regular

POTM Champion

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Plumbing's been ready for a couple of weeks; sump'll be ready in a couple of days; PVC & plastic base'll be ready later today.

Picked up 25 gallons of pre-mixed water, 40lbs of live and 35lbs or so of dry Hawai'ian black sand, and a circulator.

5-gallon water change in 29g NanoCube; everything else is now in the 75g.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	280358  
MLHoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:09 PM   #9378
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Finally added a piece of Malaysian driftwood to my tank (never had a real hardscape). Gravel vacuumed a ton of poop underneath. Trimmed my algae filled water sprite moved my heater and performed a 50% wc. Phew! Here's before and after pics sorry for the cloudiness waiting for it to settle (added wisteria 1 week ago to the left side). Looks very naked.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1447031258471.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	280370   Click image for larger version

Name:	1447031302579.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	280371  

Old 11-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #9379
Aquarium Advice Addict

Propagated the Blyxa today! It's growing good! Can't wait for it to completely fill in. Blyxa is on the front right corner.

http://imgur.com/eHvd9Y1

Caleb
Old 11-08-2015, 09:26 PM   #9380
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Stacy - Tank looks nicer with natural DW and the heater out of the way (my eyes were drawn to it before). You may see a rise in tannins, possibly not in the tank but definitely in a light colored water change bucket.

Out of frustration I emptied my new moss tank due to cloudiness, ailing moss, and impatience. Back to square one:

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com