Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #9391
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
My wife came home yesterday with a Coral beauty and 2 chromis that she rescued at a yard sale , these 3 poor fish were in a plastic Folgers coffee can on a table full of junk , she saw the can and opened the lid to find 3 fish , if she didn't open the can she would of never known they were in there , she asked how much they wanted for them they told her $30 my wife on her toes said these guys will be dead in about a hour if left in this can , my husband has sw fish I'll give you a buck ,
Now I have 3 fish in my QT/feeder tank (it's divided) from how these guys looked yesterday I didn't think they would make it the night well here they are this morning swimming together as happy as can be,
I intend on keeping them in QT at-least 2 weeks to be sure they are clean of any disease/parasites ,

there lucky I had a few extra pieces of live rock in the QT that I'm growing out some macro on ,
The coral beauty's face looks awesome. And I'm glad your wife found and rescued them. That's not even betta size, sheesh some people

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 11-14-2015, 01:25 AM   #9392
Aquarium Advice Freak

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Changed the substrate in my small tank, the black was cool but I wanted to lighten the tank up a little bit, I also dumped all the plants with exception of the Anubias and the mossClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447478467.157332.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	280639Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447478513.058074.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	280640Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447478537.860611.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	280641 still a bit cloudy. I'm happy with the result, the jungle has gone and i can finally see all the fish

Old 11-14-2015, 01:32 AM   #9393
Aquarium Advice Addict

I moved a 20g and a 10g tank from my house into my new apartment. I took some of the more sensitive fish with me because my tanks are all doing awful. I lost almost all my plants from my 40g tank and my reef has become an algae farm.

I also picked up a pair of high fin electric blue gbrs and a pair of chocolate lyretail killifish. Hopefully by january I will be breeding both of them.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:37 AM   #9394
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunch View Post
Changed the substrate in my small tank, the black was cool but I wanted to lighten the tank up a little bit, I also dumped all the plants with exception of the Anubias and the mossAttachment 280639Attachment 280640Attachment 280641 still a bit cloudy. I'm happy with the result, the jungle has gone and i can finally see all the fish
That's a pretty tank, what size is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
I moved a 20g and a 10g tank fro lm my house into my new apartment. I took some of the more sensitive fish with me because my tanks are all doing awful. I lost almost all my plants from my 40g tank and my reef has become an algae farm.

I also picked up a pair of high fin electric blue gbrs and a pair of chocolate lyretail killifish. Hopefully by january i will be breeding both of them.
Would love to see pics of the chocolates! I've tried killies a few times but never had any luck with them
Old 11-14-2015, 01:39 AM   #9395
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaM View Post

Would love to see pics of the chocolates! I've tried killies a few times but never had any luck with them
Ive always had trouble with them jumping... i will see if i can grab some pics when i get out of work
Old 11-14-2015, 02:59 AM   #9396
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Yesterday got to pick up my brand new 12G Edge tank, so happy. Will be working on getting the new stuff figured out as in substrate and stocking, etc. I was given 4 baby Double Black Angelfish dime to nickel body size, and info that I can return any say females and trade them in for a few more babies if I would like, to just keep the fun of having them and growing them up!

The original 12G Edge tank is going to a new home when ever I get it to that point. One must come down before the next one comes up and moving the stock and decisions about which group of fish will need to go where.

Decided to send the inhabitants of the 5G SW to live with a wonderful hobbyist who took the Saddleback Clowns and then I will have one less item to divert my attention and help me keep focus.

Still need to empty the 35G SW all the way. It still has a few rocks and all the sand and a few hermits and snails.

Overall, happy to be getting things pared down. May also have a new home for the 35G tank and stand.

So far the Rainbow fish seem better no ill looking ones at present. The AC110 filter is running again. Still can't believe how much Elodea was in the impeller. I put the baby Angels in there (the QT).

Found a problem in my 15G column tank, that a huge Mystery snail died and must have messed with the parameters and don't see but a few little baby shrimp in there now where there WERE a bunch. There are a a handful of berried mommas presently. Deciding no more grown up Mystery snails in small and nano shrimp tanks. I should have known better. As soon as they get to be an inch I will need to move them to a large tank. Once that big I wonder that they don't get enough to eat in the shrimp tanks.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:27 AM   #9397
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
90 liters
Old 11-14-2015, 05:46 PM   #9398
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Ask and you shall recieve Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1447537604029.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	280659
Old 11-14-2015, 06:50 PM   #9399
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Ask and you shall recieve
Wow, love the colors and markings!
Old 11-15-2015, 04:23 AM   #9400
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Wasn't tired and decided to organize underneath my 75.

Hung the power strips off the back of the stand to clear up next to the sump

Also hung some of my test kits. Magnesium test is going above the calcium test.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com