Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-17-2016, 10:53 PM   #9811
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm not gonna lie, recently I've been having a hard time even keeping up with my tank maintenance. I've just been worn out and exhausted with my new job then looking at how aquarium related work I need to do just makes me not even want to start That's another part of why I haven't been around much recently.

But today, I was sitting around catching up on youtube subscriptions when I watched a few aquarium videos then I felt like just getting to work. I ended up moving a 90g and a 75g tank to their final resting spots along with the assorted contents.. My back hurts now

Tomorrow I am going to my favorite fish store (they were closed when I was ready to go today) and picking up a few things I need then back to work. I expect to have a various tank build thread up and running some time this week.

Old 01-17-2016, 11:05 PM   #9812
Aquarium Advice Activist

I did a 50% wc yesterday. Then a 50% tonight. Did that to bring my ammonia down to .5 cause yesterday was 2.0. My poor fishies skin. At least it's color is coming back.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 01-17-2016, 11:07 PM   #9813
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
I'm not gonna lie, recently I've been having a hard time even keeping up with my tank maintenance. I've just been worn out and exhausted with my new job then looking at how aquarium related work I need to do just makes me not even want to start That's another part of why I haven't been around much recently.

But today, I was sitting around catching up on youtube subscriptions when I watched a few aquarium videos then I felt like just getting to work. I ended up moving a 90g and a 75g tank to their final resting spots along with the assorted contents.. My back hurts now

Tomorrow I am going to my favorite fish store (they were closed when I was ready to go today) and picking up a few things I need then back to work. I expect to have a various tank build thread up and running some time this week.

It happens. That's why you should incorporate some "slack" in your setups. More forgiving systems will absorb the "bumps" of life. More piece of mind.
I tore up my planted tank tonight. Only took five minutes to do this:
I'm in the process of rescaping the tank so no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 01-17-2016, 11:08 PM   #9814
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

After the success of the filter clean out I got the SW complete moved a coupel small stones and turned the tank around and cleaned the front panel of glass so you can see in there better. Cleaned the outsides sides of the glass from the creepy salt, checked that I need to add a little more FW a touch too salty. With the spoons worth of salt I scrape off the sides I don't know how it could have too much in the tank! Cleaned the little cover too.

The 72G is looking more clear after the filter change, and wiped the glass on the rest of the tanks where you can see them.

Pwc on the 12G Edge 2 gallons. Lost the little red Cherry Shrimp She got chased around a bit when the lady was catching her and she was med-big berried, she got acclimated like I would normally and the water supply parameters are basically the same anyway, so I think the stress got her.

Pwc on newer 6.6G Edge too and need to do the 6.6G original Edge. Pwc on BV tub and snail jug again.

Planted the tissue culture packs of
Cyperus helferi roots were looking a little dead, but got two large sized plants, 1 small (planted) and a few little runners planted in the sand of the extra misc. plant tank.

Staurogyne Repens 18 plantlets (planted these) with decent roots and about 6 that must have kinda broke off with only a root or two dangling threw into the misc & tiny plant tank.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:47 PM   #9815
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I built my DIY water change system! It was a success and should make my life quite a bit easier now! 2 valve turns to drain the water, 2 valve turns and a button to fill the tank!
Old 01-18-2016, 01:41 AM   #9816
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSD_Philly View Post
I built my DIY water change system! It was a success and should make my life quite a bit easier now! 2 valve turns to drain the water, 2 valve turns and a button to fill the tank!
If you have a build thread, please post it, would love to see it.

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 01-18-2016, 01:54 AM   #9817
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post

I pretty much spent all of 2015 not getting my work on the tanks done right, due to circumstances. Finally I can try to catch up.....a year, Mebbid. Life happens and we do what we can. Don't feel bad just keep moving forward.

Community Rules

Old 01-18-2016, 09:39 AM   #9818
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

DIY Water Change System

It is my DIY water system
Old 01-18-2016, 01:36 PM   #9819
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did water changes on both tanks today. I'm slowly bringing down the pH on the 55 because of my lax water changes it has slowly creeped up. Only 20 ppm nitrates after 3 weeks without a change. I'm beginning to suspect that I bought 3 more male platys because I still don't have pregnant females.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 01-18-2016, 05:12 PM   #9820
Oto
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tried to train my betta with the R2 fish school kit. He started attacking the feeding wand though.....he's not the best student

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com