Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-30-2016, 01:40 AM   #9881
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Watch out for a mini cycle.

I have been working on sorting THE CLOSET of mess. By doing this, I will find things I have lost, locate where things are which I do need, find MANY things I haven't needed - probably never will need again, etc.

I have a tub / tote of filters, it looks like a filter bone yard!!! 2 filters that are the right size for my Edge tanks too!!!

As for the others, I wonder if I have enough parts to put them back together again and move them to new aquatic homes.

A grocery bag of air pumps.

A big box of testing stuff.

A ziplock bag containing empty bottles from Prime ( had 3x that many but already parted with them, these were the keepers ) and different things in case I need to send some home with someone or take some to somebody at work who has a fish tank emergency....or if I buy a 2 liter bottle. Recycle time!!!

I will not become /(stay) a hoarder, I will put this stuff into order and be able to use it and find it if I need it. Not just know I have seen it around somewhere. Ha, yeah right! But at least I will work on it. And TRY!!!

I had only alotted a couple hours for this :OOPS:, but I want to test everything best I can so I know it works, so maybe testing tomorrow.

But I found a couple things I had forgotten about - yipee! And 2 big boxes of Petrified Wood Stones I had in the VERY back that I am over a week overdue locating.

Thanks for bearing with me.

I'll see you soon

Loaches are getting a new home next week. Moved mystery snails out of the 40 until they do. Moved the lily tree from the endler tank to the shrimp tank. Ordered pressurized co2 system. Mua ha ha ha ha!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Old 01-30-2016, 01:38 PM   #9882
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm doing so much with my tank today. I got a baby Red Tailed Shark and I had him for a few months in a 20g but I finally got the 40g tank and stand that I ordered and now I'm having to switch all of my tanks around. I'm tearing down one of my 10g betta tanks and putting the betta in a divided 10g with two other Bettas (all female), I'm moving my 3G betta tank to my bookshelf, I'm completely emptying and cleaning out the 20g that the shark is in right now and putting the empty tank where 10g betta tank was and then I'm filling the 40g tank up and decorating it with new sand and live plants, and then I'm gonna clean out my 10g community tank and get all of the algae out and maybe putting new sand in that. I want to save up more money after that to get two 13i's for each side of the divided tank and I want to get a bio wheel for my 10g community tank. Crazy day but let's do this!

Old 01-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #9883
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishieKeeper429 View Post
I'm doing so much with my tank today.... Crazy day but let's do this!
DO it!!!

And speaking of that, I have one more tank to clean out, the original Edge is a mess right now.

Today I hope to set up the 12G Edge even if it doesn't have substrate, so the plants in the bucket from the other 1st Edge I just emptied don't get ruined. No fish

For the last 3 nights, there were several dead Blue Velvet shrimp when I went to do a daily pwc, the pwc have been 50-90%. I think a couple things, it is around the time of year the water supply company switches water sources and cleans out the lines for the new source.

I saved the last 1 I could see, a youngster, I found last night and threw him into the Chocolate Cherry tank. There could be a couple more because there were a bunch of nano plants and some moss in the tank and couldn't see. I'll see today. There are about 4 in the CC tank now.

Might just reuse a bucket of water I already have to refill it as well as a 5G bottled water jug so I don't use the city water. Stop further pwc for a week and make sure to use extra prime and let the water rest a day and treat again. SUCKS.

One more reason to dig out the RO unit I have somewhere.

After this week I should have 5 tanks running but only 3 with fish until I pick up the new Rainbows (maybe Friday)

Baby Boesemani for one tank and Turquoise, and a few more Madegascar to go with the sole survivor. I will be done for adding new kinds of fish for awhile, other than adding to schools/groups.

Tank refreshes all around!!!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 04:13 PM   #9884
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
DO it!!!

And speaking of that, I have one more tank to clean out, the original Edge is a mess right now.

Today I hope to set up the 12G Edge even if it doesn't have substrate, so the plants in the bucket from the other 1st Edge I just emptied don't get ruined. No fish

For the last 3 nights, there were several dead Blue Velvet shrimp when I went to do a daily pwc, the pwc have been 50-90%. I think a couple things, it is around the time of year the water supply company switches water sources and cleans out the lines for the new source.

I saved the last 1 I could see, a youngster, I found last night and threw him into the Chocolate Cherry tank. There could be a couple more because there were a bunch of nano plants and some moss in the tank and couldn't see. I'll see today. There are about 4 in the CC tank now.

Might just reuse a bucket of water I already have to refill it as well as a 5G bottled water jug so I don't use the city water. Stop further pwc for a week and make sure to use extra prime and let the water rest a day and treat again. SUCKS.

One more reason to dig out the RO unit I have somewhere.

After this week I should have 5 tanks running but only 3 with fish until I pick up the new Rainbows (maybe Friday)

Baby Boesemani for one tank and Turquoise, and a few more Madegascar to go with the sole survivor. I will be done for adding new kinds of fish for awhile, other than adding to schools/groups.

Tank refreshes all around!!!

Good luck!!!

3g betta
10g divided female betta sorority
10g freshwater community
40g red tailed shark
~Non aquatic~
20g gecko
Old 01-30-2016, 05:22 PM   #9885
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

So I woke up to see the new carpeting plants starting to become dislodged: Toothpicks don't seem to be holding the plants in place. The MTS are pushing Glosso out of the substrate. Grrrrrr!!!!
I came up with an idea of how to anchor the plants into the substrate. I took tin snips and cut a 4"x4" stainless steel mesh into sixteen 1"X1" squares: After cutting, superglue was needed to keep some of them from coming unbound.
The carpet plants were removed from the tank, placed upside down, and using a paper towel, blotted dry. The Glosso had plenty of roots while the HC Cuba had maybe 1-3 new roots per group. Next, a few drops of super glue was applied to each steel mesh square and pressed firmly to the bottom of each plant group. After letting them dry a few minutes, I dropped them into the tank. They sank like anchors. I planted each one 1/4"-1/2" deep into the EcoComplete. I am hoping the combination of weight and the tines of the mesh will keep these in place.
I thinned out a row of Staur repens, planted Pogo erectus in the right corner, and pulled some AR mini from the left side. The DW was raised up a smidge. This is a daytime shot showing the completed work and how much direct sunlight hits the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 01-30-2016, 05:34 PM   #9886
Aquarium Advice Addict

GAHHH!!! LITTLE MONSTER!!!!

And it's gone, fed to my cichlids

Cleaned the glass to my 55g planted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1454189659527.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	284322  
Old 01-30-2016, 10:47 PM   #9887
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Gotta fluval 106 Installed on the 10gallon, hooked up co2 to it also, then screwed up by not putting the rubber washer in between the cartridge and the fluval adapter.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:56 PM   #9888
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Hooked my gfo reactor back up, mixed another batch of kalkwasser and cleaned the glass on both my tanks

bribo12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:42 PM   #9889
Aquarium Advice Addict

Moved my two black neon tetras into my 55g planted community tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 01-31-2016, 09:11 PM   #9890
Aquarium Advice Freak

20% water change on one 5 gallon, 40% water change on another 5 gallon, 50% water change on my 46 gallon. Cleaned all glass on them. Installed 36" Current Satellite Plus Pro on my Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long that is still fish less cycling.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Emails | - »