What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Emptying my new 65 today thats been sat holding water for a week to test for leaks. Then im gonna get some vinegar, salt and a brush and get to work. After, ill fill it up with water again and let it sit another week and repeat until im happy and until its SPOTLESS.

I'm always thinking of trying to enrich the lives of my fish. Last night I took one of the tubifex worm blocks and set in the outflow of my hob filter. It spun and my fish went nuts chasing all the little worms. This went on a good 10 minutes!

I'm always thinking of trying to enrich the lives of my fish. Last night I took one of the tubifex worm blocks and set in the outflow of my hob filter. It spun and my fish went nuts chasing all the little worms. This went on a good 10 minutes!

That sounds like a great idea and really fun to watch.

My tank scrub went well :D hard to move a 65gallon around safely and gently while cleaning. Esp by yourself.

Did 90% water change on 5 gal, taking out the meds, doing heat only now for Ich
Cleaning a 10 Gallon with bleach also the filter, no idea how long its been since I cleaned it
Cleaning a Water Changer with bleach, Let me tell you FUN :nono:
Then Setting up another Tank, 10 Gallon with pantyhose Inake,
Shrimp Seller sent my shrimp ahead of schedule so Now I am running around trying to find a place to put them. Hubby is looking at me like I'm nuts, because now I will have 4 tanks running at the same time.

20 high
29 gallon
5 QT
10 Temporary Shrimp tank

So many water changes, Then had an oh poop moment. I forgot to do my water change on my 20 high. So that too will have to be done today too. Wish me luck. Dam I hate Ich

What I Did w/ My Tanks

This morning...

Topped off the tanks, and sprayed a fertilizer mist on the emersed plants, they're tropical and like the spray. So do the the aquatic plants that grow outside the tanks. Took a couple of photos too.

B

yeah I'm excited. The clowns seem happy and the snails and hermits are going to town on the diatoms and algae

Good. :) I wish mine would eat my diatoms and algae. Maybe they are and they can't keep up with it. :hide: lol. I can't wait to see your updates!

I bought 6 astrea snails and 6 hermit crabs

That's good. :) I have 5 or so hermits and about 10 snails. I think I just need to do a substrate change. Lol. I love the astrea snails!! I didn't have any until last week. :)

Edit: my shrimp do some good housework too. :)

They are all on the top of my live rock. They are mowing everything down in their path lol. To the point that my water is looking nasty. I get my second circulation pump and my hob filter Thursday according to FedEx. I have rust color all over everything sand dead rock ect. And dark purple hair like algae on the live rock. After they make a path on the live rock its a pink color

Back
Top Bottom