Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-04-2016, 03:12 AM   #9911
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Emptied two buckets of plants
one jug of snails

Removed a heater from the SW tank since it was warm. It is cleared but just a little cloudy now, better than yesterday.

Could only see 4 of 6 Dwarf Cories for the last two days. Maybe dead maybe hiding. I watched for a couple times for 15 min. at a time after feeding and the tank was all a scurry but could only see 4.

Moved a small handfull of red root floaters to the plant farm with no filter/agitation. Most all melted and a few are coming back around.

There is a little bit of new growth in most of the plants in the 72G that I recently added. I have been trying split photo period when I have time to make sure I get as much light and as little algae as possible. Hoping...

Got a couple more things together for going to the aquarium meeting.

Almost done straightening and cleaning up the fish tank accessory collection. Still a bit of a mess from rearranging the tanks and cleaning out the closet. Still have 3 drawers to finish. They were done about a year ago and not as messy as the closet.

Emptying the 15G column tank tomorrow. There are a bunch of melted plants only a few pieces of Guppy Grass and I already grabbed most of the floaters. There are about 10 left stuck to a Java fern and sponge. No substrate just a rock and DW and sponge. Moving the filter to another tank to keep the BB going. Probably clean it out too after the melt down.

The little Cory with a spot on it's back in QT doesn't really look much better yet.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:37 AM   #9912
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Emptied two buckets of plants
one jug of snails

Removed a heater from the SW tank since it was warm. It is cleared but just a little cloudy now, better than yesterday.

Could only see 4 of 6 Dwarf Cories for the last two days. Maybe dead maybe hiding. I watched for a couple times for 15 min. at a time after feeding and the tank was all a scurry but could only see 4.

Moved a small handfull of red root floaters to the plant farm with no filter/agitation. Most all melted and a few are coming back around.

There is a little bit of new growth in most of the plants in the 72G that I recently added. I have been trying split photo period when I have time to make sure I get as much light and as little algae as possible. Hoping...

Got a couple more things together for going to the aquarium meeting.

Almost done straightening and cleaning up the fish tank accessory collection. Still a bit of a mess from rearranging the tanks and cleaning out the closet. Still have 3 drawers to finish. They were done about a year ago and not as messy as the closet.

Emptying the 15G column tank tomorrow. There are a bunch of melted plants only a few pieces of Guppy Grass and I already grabbed most of the floaters. There are about 10 left stuck to a Java fern and sponge. No substrate just a rock and DW and sponge. Moving the filter to another tank to keep the BB going. Probably clean it out too after the melt down.

The little Cory with a spot on it's back in QT doesn't really look much better yet.

The split photo period has helped on my smaller tank, pretty much no algae, larger tank it has slowed but not gone away.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:37 PM   #9913
Aquarium Advice Addict

After dealing with a nightmare from UPS in which they shipped my package of plants to the wrong townhouse in the middle of winter where it sat outside for an hour and a half

I got the plants inside, warmed up, and in my tank. I have to say... holy crap I bought too much. A huge for AquariumPlants.com Quality plants with good quantities.

Went from this:

To this:
Old 02-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #9914
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
After dealing with a nightmare from UPS in which they shipped my package of plants to the wrong townhouse in the middle of winter where it sat outside for an hour and a half

I got the plants inside, warmed up, and in my tank. I have to say... holy crap I bought too much.

I had the same with my 20L lol ordered a bunch of crypts and when I took them apart I had a full tank and extras.

Caleb
Old 02-04-2016, 05:31 PM   #9915
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well turns out my yellow lab whom I thought for sure was a male turned out to be female and is now holding. The father is either my five barred cichlid or a German red peacock. I would attach a pic but she's constantly hiding so I'll describe her. She has a very prominent black stripe on the dorsal fin unlike other females who have the more faded stripe, a striking gold body with the hint of silvery blue in some spots, egg spot, and black on most of her other fins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 02-04-2016, 06:46 PM   #9916
Aquarium Advice Activist

Moved my bubble wall and checked nitrates. Around a 10. Hoping I will finish this cycle soon.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 02-05-2016, 12:20 AM   #9917
Aquarium Advice Addict

Stared at my tanks for a little bit, lol. Then got a new glass top for my 20 gallon. Watched my new synodontis petricola swim around the tank, and even the ocellatus didn't bother them, unless the synos bumped into the occies, but the occies only flared up. The funny thing is that whenever the male sees the female even remotely close to his territory, he will flare up and chase her out, but will let the synos just swim around his territory. Gotta love Shellie's!

Sent via echolocation
Old 02-06-2016, 04:48 AM   #9918
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Got 3 Turquoise Rainbows today, beautiful trio.

Found that a visit to a newer SW fish store was a disappointment where the guy was recommending fish that needed a school and got to be 3-4 inches for my 6.6G Edge tank.

I did see a Captive bred White Mask Angel which was said to be a 20K fish!!! and a Somekind of Electric Neon wrasse which they said was 3K. For a FISH. It was really beautiful.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:08 AM   #9919
Aquarium Advice Freak

Going to hit some new stores in my state today, not really looking for anything special but have a few hours to burn this afternoon so figured why not. Always looking for new places
Old 02-06-2016, 05:53 PM   #9920
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba dude View Post
not really looking for anything special but have a few hours to burn this afternoon so figured why not. Always looking for new places

I do this every other weekend

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com