What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cleaned out all my tanks, fed all my fishes watched a few doze births, and cropped my plants

Mumma.of.two said:
Not today but yesterday I did 9 water changes and am gearing up for 2 more today. I also trimmed all my tiger lotuses. They where taking over my 70g.

Why so many?

boadams87 said:
Why so many?

Well if I did all of MY water changes on the same day I would do 9 too! Wait, that's not counting my little jars of java moss and baby plants... So 14? I don't have a problem, I can stop whenever I want! ;)

Today I planted my teachers tank, and tested it.
I'm my 55 Hal I'm going to trim my wisteria and full in some gravel bits that have cratered
In my 16 I won't do anything
I'm my beta I will feed him
In my fry/ snail tank I will feed and clean out the bottom ( covered in snail poo)

Did a 50% pwc on my fry tank, emptied and refilled my 6 gallon to get it ready for the shrimp and plants that are coming tomorrow, emptied, disinfected, and put new substrate in my daughter's 10 gallon to get rid of planaria.....I think that's it. But the day is still fairly young....I'm sure I'll mess with another tank before bedtime.

I added a zebra nerite snail to eat the diatoms and some carbon because I'm tired of my water looking like tea from the DW.

I did a 80% wc in my 55gal cause I had nitrates at 80ppm got them under control. also treated for septecima in the 55gal..my dwarf gourami has it.. 30% wc in my 29gal too!

I did a big water change and gravel vac on my 5gal. Betta tank. Cleaned all the diatoms out. It was looking gross in there. Hopefully I didn't vacuum out all of the tiny MTS. I took out the two bigger ones and 1 tiny one that I could see.

I may be a little obsessive about the way the tank looks. I probably clean it way too often. But if it looks gross I can't leave it that way!

weekly 50% PWC, and was overjoyed to see all my fish are over their PWC anxiety, to the point that at one time I had 7 cardinal tetras, 3 bleeding heart tetras and a Bolivian ram trying to get at a snail shell that was caught in the vacuum tube.

Yesterday I worked on both 10g tanks
I scooped out a ton of Duckweed and Amazon Frogbit.
Cut back Ludwigia
Took out extra Bolbitis and Mosses
Let in the LIGHT!!

PWCs on both tanks. Added liquid ferts.
Enjoyed watching both tanks :D

Pics are in my profile.

Got my Apistos in the mail today :lol:

img_1863380_0_0f05ff5569194c38058c1768d312c213.jpg

img_1863380_1_c8241be6cb44cd87e73e0e794fa3fab4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom