What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My nursery tank was starting to get icky on account of not having anything in it for a while, so I broke that down, gave it a good gravel vac threw the media in my big tank for the day so the BB wouldn't dry out (which my pleco has taken a liking to pooping on. Eww!) and gave the tank a much needed vinegar scrub, because man oh man it needed it bad! So now its up and running and looking crystal clear :)

Sunday funday!

Cleaned the filters on the 55, 29, & 10.

Used the resulting water to water my flourishing houseplants and garden!

40% water changes on my 55,36, and 29. Clean my canister media on the 55g. Cleaned the intake tubes on my aqueon 30 &20 filters. Added some driftwood in my 29g. And last but not least I finally put a background on my 36g. I had a old one laying around. Oh I also fed my fish flakes!

Changed filter, water change, and I watched it for about 20 minutes.

Nothing today, but yesterday I put a new cfl in my 5 gallon and bought some more ghost shrimp to feed the puffers. Was going to get some more frozen clams for them but she was out. Also out of female Bettas. Gotta wait til next Friday and she will have some of both in.

I Replanted a few plants that were rearranged by my Blood Parrots.

Picked up a Magnum350 off craigslist for $30! Using it strictly for water polishing as I have a Eheim Pro 2075 already in place. Got it up and running..still doing the every 30 minutes.... is it leaking??? freakout check.. so far so good!

tested the water params....finally got my nitrate spike under control..0ppm! Ammonia is at 0ppm as well, thankfully!

When I fed my black skirts today, they dang near leaped outta the tank. My poor Bolivian rams got caught up in the feeding frenzy and had a 'holy crap' look on there faces lol.

Got home after a 17 hr shift at work and looked in on all 4 tanks. Noticed my betta were trying to sleep, so I watched my Prince trying to find a comfortable leaf to sleep on. I have never caught him sleeping before..

ForumRunner_20120522_005708.jpg

ForumRunner_20120522_005701.jpg

I added 6 java ferns and found some java moss is the pot of java fern! Free stuff whoop whoop :) and I bought some fluval lab service stuff

Freaked out over ammonia levels,a dead fish,and parasites!50% water change,and a run to the store for meds

Stared at my tank trying to count all the babies and playing chase the finger with Delilah (female dwarf gourami), gave them their morning feed and watched Frankenstein and frankenfurter (my two big snails) parasnailing for a while, man can those guys move when they want to!

Added a few new rocks for the fish to call home. Yellow lab has been picking on my red zebra so I needed to make a few changes. Also did my water change, scrubbed the glass and cleaned out the filter pads and changed the carbon. I swear I think my fish have a cleaner home then I do lol

Back
Top Bottom