What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I test my tap water parameters after the water had sat 24-48 hours...results are as follows: PH-7.4, Ammonia-.50, Nitrite-0, and Nitrate 0. I did my first sand bed sweep with a 75% water change. I did such a large water change when I test my 55g water parameters which were: Ph 7.4, Ammonia 2.0, Nitrite 0, and Nitrate 5.0......then i did retest the ammonia which was 1.0....I might as well mention that I also completed my stand (haven't found the perfect trim/border trim) for my new 40b today and stained a red mahogany:brows:....any advice on the sudden ammonia spike? Only thing I can think of is maybe some poop/uneaten food on sand bed but when I cleaned I didn't see any food and a little poop:confused:

I was putting all my babies to bed and noticed something odd in the guppy tank. one of my females was sort of "resting" in a plant. didnt seem right. i noticed two of her sisters dead. her other sister not looking good either. one of the oldest babies just floated by........

the heater is on the fritz and apparently cooking everyone, I can put my hand on the glass and it's quite warm to the touch. according to the thermometer the temp is over 90. I'm horrified.

I'm kinda bummed, but there's a whole lot of fry to keep the legacy going :D
got a new heater today so all should be well. I got this tank used like 2 years ago, which included the pump and the heater. the pump is still doing it's job pretty well tho

Did my weekly 50-70% water change for my 120g and 20g puffer tank. I've been feeding them a lot of clams, which I caught last week.

My 46g soon-to-be-reef is still cycling.

added a few shrooms today can't wait till the rest of them get here!!

img_2127515_0_6ee6886b20d69e1e059d80566c61ee2b.jpg

img_2127515_1_6dea7cf0ee1ab0eefb53256405ee7b20.jpg

img_2127515_2_3642fd1cb113de2631f2a30384376fb6.jpg

Ddnt really work on my tank but i researched heaters n filters n everything for my tank to see what i wanna buy for my 55g african cichlid tank. Im prepared n cant wait to start gettin goodies n to set it up..

I did nothing for my 55g, I broke, smoothed edges, soaked, and cleaned slate tile for my 40g, and I placed my new 20g in my double tank stand I just built:brows:

Today's Tank Work

Hello AA...

Today, I'll add another plant to my tanks: Nephthytis. Normally, this isn't unusual, but as some know, in an effort to keep nearly self-sustaining tanks, I emerse the roots of some land plants in the tank water to keep the water free of nitrogen. Nitrogen is the waste the fish produce.

Anyway, the plants have worked extremely well. Ammonia and nitrite at "0" and nitrates at 10-20 ppm. Just a small, weekly water change of a couple of gallons per tank. An hour or two work for 5 larger tanks, to service the filtration that's still needed.

Have learned a good lesson: If I keep my hands out of the natural process of things in nature, they work much better.

Just sitting back and enjoying watching the plants and fish take care of each other.

B

pc deb... sorry about your losses. I am just glad your heater didn't burn your house down.

50% pwc on 29 Doing the 150 later.

Ferts for the plants More plants coming from hcourts this week :)

New baby clown pleco, panda cory, and two julii cories in 150, still shy and hiding in the rocks.

My hubby let me have my bday present early (2 weeks early) a brand new 29 gallon tank! I moved everyone over, and I sat down. So, I upgraded the 10 gallon Occupants to a 20 high, the 20 high occupants to the 29. I moved everything and didn't make alot of mess:whistle:. my hubby then tells me the sand of 20 looks better in the 29 and vice versa. Guess what I'll be doing next weekend. :ermm:

Today I test my 55g water parameters and did a 25% water change. I am still trying to get a foundation for slate caves for my 40g soon to be African Cichlid tank...any suggestions please pm me

I did my weekly water change on my 56 gallon tank, and next up is my 5 gallon, then my 30 gallon saltwater puffer tank. Fed everyone some bloodworms and gave the plecos and snails in my 56 some cucumber. Snatched some ghost shrimp out of the 56 to give to my puffers, which they enjoyed. I need to make a trip to my LFS soon to get some more for them.

Edit: Everything is done. I'm so happy I got a water changer. I could take using buckets for a 20 and a 30, but for a tall 56, no way.

I had a bunch of decorations from my cichlid tank setup that needed to be cleaned, so i finally did that today. put one of those decorations in the angelfish tank today and a few more fake plants. I also added a 10,000k bulb in it since the tank is so tall to give it more light.

guppies are fine, but since the endler males survived I need to put some more females in there for them. they are some "hungry" guys

Tested the water after 30% water change. Added 10ml trace, 5ml iron 10ml potassium. Going to scrape for algae. The right sight has a patch and there's a few streaks on the front glass. I believe there were leftovers from the last cleaning. At least that's what the 1/8th inch wide streaks are telling me. Will clean front glass with windex.

Back
Top Bottom