What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I grabbed the 4 corydoras out of my 10 gallon and put them into my 46 gallon. Now they school, and my firemouth has come out of hiding. Interesting. I also learned that this is one of the fish I didn't do the right research on. I'm only recently learning they grow to 3 inches, so they're a perfect add on fish to my breeding pair of firemouths... whenever I get the pair... and they start breeding... some day.

A few people told me no, but to be honest the change in that tank is huge. All the fish involved are 10x happier.

Changed 75% of the water today for the crayfish and puffer tank.

Planning to buy more equipment for my reef tank. The more I think about my reef tank, the less interest I have in my freshwater tanks. There is a temptation to ditch all my freshwater tanks.

Add water to the pond, and pwc for half of the tanks. Looks like an injured mystery snail decided to die and mucked up the 2G snail and moss vase.

Did some scape planning on my 72G bowfront - finally going up this week!

Dosed Flourish in all the tanks.

45 G Terraphyte Tank

Today...

Replaced a couple of older Chinese Evergreens, see attached pics. The tank has minimal mechanical filtration, just one Hagen AC 50. The emersed land plants keep the water pure. No traces of nitrogens in the tank water. Tank is heavily stocked with roughly 75 Fancy Guppies and two larger than normal Bronze Corys, 3 plus inches long that have been in tank four years or so.

Land plants do a much better job of purifying the tank water than mechanical filtration.

B

Attachments

• PC160405.jpg
    PC160405.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 93
  • PC160406.jpg
    PC160406.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 93
  • PC160407.jpg
    PC160407.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 98
  • PC160408.jpg
    PC160408.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 98
Spent my evenin feedin my fish ..went to visit some friends n came home to no electricty so i found out how long it had been out n when it would b back on .. did a partial water change n kept a close eye on things.. glad lights came back on a few mins ago.. buyin some backup supplies for the next time

Still going to battle with the Malaysian Trumpet Snails that are taking over my 29. Plucked a ziplock bag full of large ones, then siphoned up a ton of little ones.

Still going to battle with the Malaysian Trumpet Snails that are taking over my 29. Plucked a ziplock bag full of large ones, then siphoned up a ton of little ones.

Wish I had more took what I had out of my 37 for my 55 which were only about 10, have you checked on the amount and how often you feed? Usually that will stop them from reproduction.

Wish I had more took what I had out of my 37 for my 55 which were only about 10, have you checked on the amount and how often you feed? Usually that will stop them from reproduction.

I've cut back my feedings to 3 days a week. But those 3 days, I'm sure I feed too much.

Totally cleaned my 55 African tank all the way down to removing my sand bed. I was a little worried that it was going to cycle again . But so far it is perfectly clear and all my levels were great. My fish are super happy ...not even a little stressed. It was the first time they have been moved out of the tank since I started it.... Now I just got to keep my eyes on my nitrates and ammonia...so far..perfect

Removed my egg crate that I was growing corals on. I just got tired of have to clean around it and hair algae was a pain to get off of it. Topped off the tank and that's about it for today. Time to glue some frags to rock work or find a home for them on the sand bed!

Ignore how cloudy my tank is. I was blowing off rocks.

Attachments

• image-411361609.jpg
    image-411361609.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 90
Ignore how cloudy my tank is. I was blowing off rocks.[/QUOTE]

This might sound stupid but my first go with actual sand, does it ever completely settle, my tank still seems a tad bit cloudy after 3 weeks.

It can be a pain in the butt sometimes. Just cut down on as much flow as possible and then be patient. I've had this tank setup for over a year and a half now so I don't remember how long mine took to settle.

Ok I dimmed down the bubbles yesterday and pointed my return up and that has helped.

Back
Top Bottom